what kinds of balls should I buy?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Try out Yasaka training balls. They are hard and have a HUGE Logo. No one has a cooler looking logo. They are the Nike Swoop of TT balls. The Yasaka symbol is COOL with a capital C. TSP balls are good for training too.

Hehe yeah these are good training balls. I also highly recommend Joola and Stiga training balls :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Hehe yeah these are good training balls. I also highly recommend Joola and Stiga training balls :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Both my club and my school use DHS ** balls for training, feels just as the STIGA *** balls so really good :) On the package, it also says that it is the same balls used by the Chinese National Team for practise, so I think its a sign of good quality :p

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Any balls from the good companies that are 2 stars or training balls would be good. I would just look for the best deal on training balls. Double Fish, DHS, Joola, Stiga, Yasaka, Donic, Nittaku all have good training balls.

I have heard people who like the Gambler training balls. I don't like them. They seem light and like they break too easily to me. The "3 Stars" feel more like 1 Stars to me. But for training it does not matter so much. GoGo balls are sort of cheap as well, again, the ones that say "3 Star" are more like 1 Stars, but the last time I bought, it was $29.00 USD for 144 so not a bad price. And good enough for training even though they are not as good as the brands above. The GoGo balls last longer than the Gamblers, but they are not great.

I truthfully like Double Fish and DHS for training balls better than anything else but the names in the first list are all great balls for training.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
If you want the best deal go to Zeropong.com They have the Gambler Gold (training balls) and Gambler Platinum (3 star tournament approved) balls. A half a gross (72 balls) is I believe $15.00 USD for the Gold and $24.00 USD for the Platinum. Double those for the full gross (144 balls). I've been training with them for years and really love them. They last just as long as the other brands out there, but just are cheaper. I would suggest getting the Orange balls though, the white ones seem to be lighter at the Gold level, but the Platinums are okay either color.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks everyone!
Where can I buy the balls?

I would do searches on line looking for different brands and compare prices. Like, try searching for Stiga 2 star balls and then compare the prices to a search for Joola training balls, etc.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
729 *** balls play super soft. I cannot stand them, but A loot of my friends LOVE them. I do not know about the training balls. You get what you pay for. @ $.05 a ball, I wouldn't expect much. True bounce and durability, along with feel are more important to me. Those are not exactly traits of balls that are not ***. Even some *** do not live up to that standard.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Our club was country loyal and used Peace balls for EVERYTHING. If you broke out a ball that wasn't Peace *** green label, you got the mean look form everyone.

Recently, our club ditched the peace ** balls in favor of Champion training balls. Those balls were so good, even some members used them for matches when they were short *** balls. later, we replaced the Champion balls with Yasaka training balls. The logo is HUGE, so you see the ball and the spin. that helps later. they are hard and feel close to a real *** ball. Problem is, they are NOT *** balls. at least they bounce OK and last more than a day.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you want the best deal go to Zeropong.com They have the Gambler Gold (training balls) and Gambler Platinum (3 star tournament approved) balls. A half a gross (72 balls) is I believe $15.00 USD for the Gold and $24.00 USD for the Platinum. Double those for the full gross (144 balls). I've been training with them for years and really love them. They last just as long as the other brands out there, but just are cheaper. I would suggest getting the Orange balls though, the white ones seem to be lighter at the Gold level, but the Platinums are okay either color.

Cole sells a 36 pack of *** Gambler balls for around $15 USD. That is a great value. Those balls are every bit as good as Nittaku ***. HARD feel, good bounce and last, as long as you do not play on tile or concrete. Problem with Gambler is that when you get 36 *** balls, you are actually getting 12-16 true *** balls and the rest are ** quality. Problem is roundness and true bounce if you do not cut out the ** quality from your batch. Once you sort out the inferior ones, you still have a lot of balls left for your $$$.

The problem with anyone's ** or TRAINING balls are that they do not feel, play like, or have true round shape like competition balls. that is why they are ** quality. Why do we train with inferior balls that do not bounce or feel or sound like the real thing? Why do we train with balls that will set us up to expect a different bounce from a TRUE *** ball? The answer is $$$ and expediency. NO ONE is willing to cough up $150 USD for 144 balls every 2-4 weeks just to train. Most of the training is to get the player used to moving and adjust to the ball, regardless of bounce, so often, it is a moot point. Having to adjust to an unpredictable bounce is actually good training. On the plus side, you do not worry about stepping on them in training. you just toss them aside like an enemy battle casualty and drive on.

having said that, the Gambler ** balls are even MORE of a value (cost around $15 for 72 ** balls) and feel like *** balls, but almost every one of them are not exactly round, like a LOT not round. 1/2 of them are very erratic with heavy spin. That just gives the player even more training at unpredictable balls, so the more the merrier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
729 *** balls play super soft. I cannot stand them, but A loot of my friends LOVE them. I do not know about the training balls. You get what you pay for. @ $.05 a ball, I wouldn't expect much. True bounce and durability, along with feel are more important to me. Those are not exactly traits of balls that are not ***. Even some *** do not live up to that standard.

it is $0.5, not $0.05, :)

well, it is 1-star, I tested them, and did feel a kind of harder to bouncing quickly,
maybe this feeling is what you called "soft"?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
If you order from zeropong you will get 36 true 3 star balls. I don't know how it is in other dealers, but I've ordered 1,000's of balls from zeropong as a dealer and never had any problem with them other than the gold white color balls. They seem to be lighter so I only order the platinum in white and orange and the gold in only orange.