Rubber Advice Needed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I play a mostly backhand oriented game. I would say my level is about intermediate. I am currently using Sriver in Max and Sriver FX in 2.1. I would like to change for something a bit faster and spinner without losing much control.

Some of the rubbers in my mind are
Rozena (On sale for a great price at a local Butterfly distributor)
Stiga Mantra (Also on sale)
Tibhar Nimbus Delta Series

I do not have to buy these rubbers so if there is something that is better please tell me. If you can also compare these rubbers it would also be great Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I agree with echte. I would also add that not go for the fastest rubber. Almost everything Will be faster from sriver and it Will proably take a while for you to adapt.

Reactions: Der_Echte
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Rozena is good if you get a good price for it.

Otherwise something like Rakza 7 is also excellent as an upgrade from sriver

Both are much, much faster, and bouncier to boot, than Sriver, and Sriver FX is way slower than Sriver. Both are excellent, but would be giant leaps. I'm with Der here, be cautious and do try a bunch of stuff to see what fits and what pleases.

Reactions: Der_Echte
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Rakza 7 soft is a perfect one step up from Sriver.

It's more spinny and a bit faster.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Every TT equipment company makes several modern Offensive Control oriented rubbers. You will have an easy time finding 1 or 100 of these at a good price.

The trick will be discovering the sponge hardness you need for your kind of strokes.

For me it is medium soft. For others, harder or softer. The sponge hardness will have a HUGE effect on how you feel the rubber performs.

If you can still locate TIBHAR AURUS at a good price, that is an example of a modern control rubber that is pretty much on sale all the time. I don't think Tibhar makes it any more. There are hundreds in the class you are looking to buy. Don't sweat and worry over exactly which one. Just get one in the control class in the right hardness and thickness and go to work with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I prefer harder rubbers. How do I know that if a rubber is an Offensive Control? Now the choices in my mind are Rakza 7, Rozena and Mantra. Can anybody help me compare the durability of these rubbers? Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Can anybody compare the durability of the rubbers I mentioned above? Mantra, Rozena, Rakza 7 and Tibhar Nimbus Delta

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
The durability of the Rozena topsheet is quite good. I've used it since early December for about 8h/week with no real sign of degration in spin or visible wear. It is however quite fragile. I accidently hit the table while doing a push last week and I ended up with a 4cm crack in the topsheet. Seem to be quite common for both Rozena and Tenergy as most players in my club has got some seriously ugly looking rubbers (a lot of crumbling close to the edges).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Which one is the best rubber if my previous one was Sriver. I really want something a tiny bit faster but a lot spinnier since Sriver isn't that spinny. My Sriver is almost worn out and I feel like I can fully control the rubber. Thanks for all the replies. :)