Chinese allround blade and rubbers for basic strokes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Hi there,

I think it would be nice to recommend a decent allround blade and rubbers for people not wanting to spend a fortune on a racket. This is mostly for people having some basic technique on forehand and backhand, typically playing for on/off for some years but very often do not know how to topspin (yet), and may struggle with spinny serves on receive. They are however interested in improving their technique.

Blade: Possibly looking for a decent quality 5-ply wood allround blade from Yinhe, Sanwei, DHS etc. Still unsure about the model.

Rubbers: I have been looking at different more "european/japanese" not too tacky rubbers. I think that Yinhe Moon Speed and Palio AK47 yellow rubbers may be a good choice. However, I have no idea about the hardness choices, if soft or medium (or any other hardness) is better in this case. Whatever is chosen, I believe that most cheap Chinese rubbers ordered from Aliexpress or Ebay come typically in max thickness, so it would be nice if the rubbers are ok in this thickness.

I will apply the same rubber on both sides, and it is of course important that availability of both the blade and rubbers is good on Aliexpress/Ebay. I am not looking for any pre-built combos.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I see the Yinhe N-8 (sub €10) being mentioned very often. We use cheap Stiga blades (abt. €10) or, budget permitting, the Donic Appelgren Allplay - which will be just fine for most players’ entire TT life (abt. €25).

As for cheap rubbers decently playable at entry level, supporting all basic strokes, our go-to is the Friendship 729 Super FX at 1.5, 1.8 or 2.0mm. it’s widely available and affordable locally, but the availability of thinner than max sponged rubbers on Chinese webshops leaves much to be desired.

The softer Palio AK-47 would do too, as would the Dawei 2008 XP.

As players progress and find their style, many start changing rubbers. Quite a few stick with the Allplay, though.

The cheapest setup we offer beginners is the Stiga with 729 Super FX (€27,50). The most expensive the Allplay with same (€40). The latter is also what we offer players returning to the game to help them reboot.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Thanks. In case if there is no choice for thickness, would any of those rubbers be safe to order in 2.1mm or would it be total disaster when it comes to control?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I really like Yinhe E3 (limba outer). Mine is on the heavier side, at 96g, and it feels great.
I had Yinhe E1 (koto outer) also, at 91g, and it had way too much vibrations.

I believe Yinhe E3 + AK47 (Yellow/Blue) fits your requirements. I have it as a spare racket and it is a great cheap combo.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Thanks. In case if there is no choice for thickness, would any of those rubbers be safe to order in 2.1mm or would it be total disaster when it comes to control?

For beginners, I think control is everything. So we let beginners/early learners work a while with a moderate blade, with moderate rubbers, in a moderate thickness. As they develop and grow into their own personal style, the spinners among them will probably go for thicker rubbers, the defenders for thinner ones, and the blockers and hitters for a harder/stiffer/faster blade. Starting in the middle of things allows for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beep-Beep
This user has no status.
In a similar case (for my daugther) I choose Galaxy/Yinhe N9s (lots of good reviews, ALL+/OFF-) that you can find for 10Euros on Ali (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yin...pong-blade-Long-Shakehand-FL/32762067672.html) see reviews here https://revspin.net/blade/galaxy-yinhe-n9s.html

And a pair of generic rubbers like Reactor Corbor ALL+ https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ng-rubber-with-sponge/714857_32553528813.html (ALL+) around 7 Euro for both, see reviews here https://revspin.net/rubber/reactor-corbor.html.

I think Ak-47 is "too much", maybe CJ8000 is a "safer" choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I cannot recommend Yinhe W-6 enough, for its price it's a wonderful blade. All-wood 5-ply blade with good dwell time and feel, costs about 17 euros: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yin...-table-tennis-pingpong-blade/32832144361.html
Fairly light too.

If you go for control, spin and looping, as opposed to flat hits, drives and speed, I recommend these rubbers, 7 euros a piece: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...ble-Tennis-Rubber-With-Sponge/1268656317.html
I've been using this rubber on my BH side for the last 3-4 years, they're quite soft, with minimal tack and super grippy. Perfect for spin oriented game, spin to speed ratio (essentially the arc on the ball) is especially good since they're not too fast and have no catapult/tensor effect. I find it a bit too slow for FH side but when I use it there for fun it becomes virtually impossible to miss the table. You won't be launching bullet speed loops, but they will all land. If you want to learn and use proper technique with Chinese rubbers, this is the one.

Last edited:
Reactions: tzifos
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
For beginners, I think control is everything. So we let beginners/early learners work a while with a moderate blade, with moderate rubbers, in a moderate thickness. As they develop and grow into their own personal style, the spinners among them will probably go for thicker rubbers, the defenders for thinner ones, and the blockers and hitters for a harder/stiffer/faster blade. Starting in the middle of things allows for this.
Thanks, I totally agree. I started out with 1.8mm and played for years with that setup. I will go for 1.8mm if possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Went for a Yinhe / Galaxy E3 blade with Friendship 729 Super FX at 1.8mm, excited to see how this combo works :) Other rubbers like Palio AK 47 yellow and Yinhe Moon Speed were impossible to find in anything other than max thickness.

Reactions: lVegita and tzifos