MXP hard 50 degree

b3N

This user has no status.

b3N

This user has no status.
Feb 2014
I used MX-P hard, tenergy 05 before, now tenergy 05 hard. So I can compare these rubbers. MXP very spinny, and VERY fast. Faster than any of the others. Plays well out of the packet. But feels hard, not very elastic, not great touch and feels dead after a few weeks.
Tenergy 05 feels like Tenergy 05 hard with a higher throw, more forgiveness.
But I like the lower throw of the tenergy 05 hard. It has a dangerously low trajectory, very spinny but not quite as spinny as MX-P. As the sponge is hard you can't hit through the sponge like with tenergy 05. The touch game is surprisingly harder, still feels more dynamic with many gears. Tenergy anything is more durable than Evolution and in conclusion it feels more dynamic and less like a brick.
All rubbers have a very long trajectory, especially the harder rubbers, so good from mid-distance.
I would also add that the ball sometimes comes off MX-P funny, I never have this problem with tenergy which is quite predictable in comparison.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I used MX-P hard, tenergy 05 before, now tenergy 05 hard. So I can compare these rubbers. MXP very spinny, and VERY fast. Faster than any of the others. Plays well out of the packet. But feels hard, not very elastic, not great touch and feels dead after a few weeks.
Tenergy 05 feels like Tenergy 05 hard with a higher throw, more forgiveness.
But I like the lower throw of the tenergy 05 hard. It has a dangerously low trajectory, very spinny but not quite as spinny as MX-P. As the sponge is hard you can't hit through the sponge like with tenergy 05. The touch game is surprisingly harder, still feels more dynamic with many gears. Tenergy anything is more durable than Evolution and in conclusion it feels more dynamic and less like a brick.
All rubbers have a very long trajectory, especially the harder rubbers, so good from mid-distance.
I would also add that the ball sometimes comes off MX-P funny, I never have this problem with tenergy which is quite predictable in comparison.

so would you recomend mxp 50 over other 50 deg esn rubbers or even tenergy?