Hybrid Alternatives

So I've tried a couple hybrids, Hybrid K3, Dynaryz ZGR, Bluegrip C2, and personally I love K3 on the backhand since i used to use MXP. I love everything about k3 from the top sheet to the sponge hardness. I feel comfortable with playing backhands than I did with mxp where all i did was just block. The issue is the price point. I don't want to spend $60+ on a rubber i will be using daily and rather get a more cheaper version. I've been looking at some yinhe rubbers, Apollo 5, Jupiter 3 Euro, Moon Pro, and Sun Pro. Was wondering how these play like and which one is the most similar to k3 or any other alternatives.

Reactions: Topspinslinger
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
So I've tried a couple hybrids, Hybrid K3, Dynaryz ZGR, Bluegrip C2, and personally I love K3 on the backhand since i used to use MXP. I love everything about k3 from the top sheet to the sponge hardness. I feel comfortable with playing backhands than I did with mxp where all i did was just block. The issue is the price point. I don't want to spend $60+ on a rubber i will be using daily and rather get a more cheaper version. I've been looking at some yinhe rubbers, Apollo 5, Jupiter 3 Euro, Moon Pro, and Sun Pro. Was wondering how these play like and which one is the most similar to k3 or any other alternatives.
Apollo 5 is very good, and reasonably similar to K3. 39d is about the same hardness.

J3 is good too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have used K2 before and I liked it on my forehand. But I did not like it enough to replace my Hurricane. K2 is now discontinued but I can still find it on Aliexpress. But I don't love it that much that I want it get it on Aliexpress.

Personally if you like K3 and you do well and enjoy playing with it, you should just get it. After all, you want to enjoy the sport.

I have tried CJ8000, AK-47, Big Dipper, etc. I don't know. Just not enough catapult from all of them. I have stopped trying. Loki Arthur China is all the rage on the forum but I don't have any desire to try anymore Chinese rubber on my backhand. At some point, EJ'ing gets expensive.

So my advise for you is, since you have tried quite a few hybrid rubbers, and you like K3 the best, stick with it. Try to clean the rubber regularly and make it last. Life is too short not to enjoy the sport you like.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
also saw friendship / 729 battle ship max pro and friendship / 729 cross blue sponge, any of those good for the backhand? anyone try them out? cause im debating on getting either those two 729 rubbers for the bh or two sheets of yinhe apollo 5 for the backhand.
729 Cross is an old model rubber, rather slow and unreactive, but boosts up decently

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Apollo 5 is very good, and reasonably similar to K3. 39d is about the same hardness.

J3 is good too.
I bought the first version of Apollo. There was a YouTube video showing how tacky it was. The ball would stick to the rubber for a long time. It was excellent if you want tacky rubber but when it wore out, I bought another sheet, and it was nowhere like the first. It was garbage. Never again.

The problem is that many if the rubber manufacturers have no quality control and can't make the same rubber from one run to the next.

other cheaper alternatives
Xiom Tau2
Loki Arthur Asia/Europe/China

At the ‘cheaper’ end of ‘expensive’ rubbers
Nittaku Sieger PK50
Joola Golden Tango, Golden Tango PS,
i mean my budget is under $30 a sheet hence why i was looking at yinhe and 729 but ultimately i might go with yinhe apollo 5 and/or moon pro, idk how hard moon pro m is but if anyone has tried please post a small review!

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
I bought the first version of Apollo. There was a YouTube video showing how tacky it was. The ball would stick to the rubber for a long time. It was excellent if you want tacky rubber but when it wore out, I bought another sheet, and it was nowhere like the first. It was garbage. Never again.

The problem is that many if the rubber manufacturers have no quality control and can't make the same rubber from one run to the next.
Sometimes it's not QC issue but they are updating the rubber without telling anyone (sometimes you can tell from the sponge stamp, but rarely anything is written on package so you wouldn't know until you bought it).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Moon pro isn't hybride, it has good grip as stiga DNA but not good durability. Jupiter 3 asia is very spinny, decent speed. If you don't mind low throw angle i think you'll like it. I find it a bit like Bluegrip v1, but bluegrip has high arc and Jupiter 3 low arc. Spin and speed are similar.