• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Results 41 to 58 of 58
    1. Top | #41
      mart1nandersson is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden
      mart1nandersson's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Der Materialspezialist Wizard
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-P
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Grass D.TecS

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Posts
      1,084
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 749 Times in 457 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by zyu81 View Post
      Maybe if everyone played like Satoshi Aida. But they don't.
      They should. The world would be a better place.

    2. Top | #42
      Konrad Bak is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      881
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 183 Times in 156 Posts
      he was in fourth german division or something.

    3. Top | #43
      brokenball is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Jul 2017
      Posts
      509
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 239 Times in 158 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post
      I think this video belongs in this thread:

      I have found a complete lack of of engineers or scientist on TT forums.
      If there are any they won't work for peanuts.

      I like the P.T. Barnum quotes
      "No man ever went broke overestimating the ignorance of the American public." ~ P. T. Barnum
      "You can fool most of the people most of the time." ~ P. T. Barnum
      "Many people are gullible, and we can expect this to continue." ~ P. T. Barnum
      "There is a fool born every minute" ~ P. T. Barnum
      "But however mysterious is nature , however ignorant the doctor, however imperfect the present state of physical science , the patronage and the success of quacks and quackeries are infinitely more wonderful than those of honest and laborious men of science and their careful experiments." ~ P. T. Barnum


    4. Top | #44
      zyu81 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      419
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 326 Times in 191 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by brokenball View Post
      I have found a complete lack of of engineers or scientist on TT forums.
      If there are any they won't work for peanuts.

      I like the P.T. Barnum quotes
      "No man ever went broke overestimating the ignorance of the American public." ~ P. T. Barnum
      "You can fool most of the people most of the time." ~ P. T. Barnum
      "Many people are gullible, and we can expect this to continue." ~ P. T. Barnum
      "There is a fool born every minute" ~ P. T. Barnum
      "But however mysterious is nature , however ignorant the doctor, however imperfect the present state of physical science , the patronage and the success of quacks and quackeries are infinitely more wonderful than those of honest and laborious men of science and their careful experiments." ~ P. T. Barnum

      "Shocker that people discuss table tennis instead of science and engineering on a table tennis forum. There are likely quite a few engineers and scientists on TT forums. But unlike brokenball, they can compartmentalize those discussions, because they realize that theoretical physics and science are far down the totem pole of importance when discussing how to actually play and understand the game of table tennis."

      -zyu81

    5. The Following 4 Users Like zyu81's Post:

      Antonlan (09-22-2020),JST (2 Weeks Ago),UpSideDownCarl (09-22-2020),zeio (09-23-2020)

    6. Top | #45
      mart1nandersson is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden
      mart1nandersson's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Der Materialspezialist Wizard
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-P
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Grass D.TecS

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Posts
      1,084
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 749 Times in 457 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Konrad Bak View Post
      he was in fourth german division or something.
      He's been no 1-3 in the Swedish league the past couple of seasons if you look at his win/loss quota. He would quite easily make a 2. Bundesliga squad.

    7. Top | #46
      zeio is offline
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong
      zeio's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      4,767
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6,887 Times in 2,976 Posts
      Sadly, Aida has given up on Mark V HPS and changed to Rakza Z and Rising Dragon since 2019.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8KJvNsNJWgp
      Last edited by zeio; 09-23-2020 at 05:21 AM.
      Race for Tokyo 2020+1 - Women's Top 11, Japan
      Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

    8. Top | #47
      brokenball is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Jul 2017
      Posts
      509
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 239 Times in 158 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by zyu81 View Post
      "Shocker that people discuss table tennis instead of science and engineering on a table tennis forum. There are likely quite a few engineers and scientists on TT forums. But unlike brokenball, they can compartmentalize those discussions, because they realize that theoretical physics and science are far down the totem pole of importance when discussing how to actually play and understand the game of table tennis."

      -zyu81
      I play TT for the health of it now. It is too bad the P.T. Barum is correct. Too many are suckers for the latest TT fad.

      I have tried to explain dwell time but that thread got deleted and I was banned. You guys don't deserve a second chance without an apology.

    9. Top | #48
      UpSideDownCarl is online now
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red Rasanter R48
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black Rasanter R48

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      13,565
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 15,028 Times in 7,266 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by brokenball View Post
      I play TT for the health of it now. It is too bad the P.T. Barum is correct. Too many are suckers for the latest TT fad.

      I have tried to explain dwell time but that thread got deleted and I was banned. You guys don't deserve a second chance without an apology.
      I really don't want to do this. But this post shows you don't remember things or that there are simply things you refuse to understand because I know I have explained this to you in PMs. So, I suggest you ask yourself: is there a forum that did not ban you? You got banned from this forum for calling people bad names and arguing with people.

      You were not privy to the dialogues behind the scenes between me and Dan, where finally Dan said he had too many complaints about you making personal attacks and calling people names like "idiot." Then Dan read through what, at the time was your last 50 posts and found that in almost all of them you were arguing and calling someone a bad name. That, in most of them, the primary thing you were doing was making personal attacks.

      You did not get banned for anything related to physics or dwell time. You got banned for your lack of people skills in a format where you are not the boss and people did not treat you like you were an expert.

      I think this is a shame because I feel you could have a lot to offer the forum if you knew how to speak to people who do not work with or for you in your field, and if you understood that you do know an awful lot about physics and engineering but that your skill level in TT may limit your ability to understand certain aspects of the game.
      Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:40 PM.
      Spin Everything.

    10. Top | #49
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom 36.5; Tmount T540; Yasaka ML Soft Carbon
      Forehand Rubber Omega 7 China;Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Asia; Stiga DNA H; Joola Dynaryz

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      4,826
      Reviews
      Read 80 Reviews
      Liked 2,209 Times in 1,449 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post
      I really don't want to do this. But this post shows you don't remember things or that there are simply things you refuse to understand because I know I have explained this to you in PMs. So, I suggest you ask yourself: is there a forum that did not ban you? You got banned from this forum for calling people bad names and arguing with people.

      You were not privy to the dialogues behind the scenes between me and Dan, where finally Dan said he had too many complaints about you making personal attacks and calling people names like "idiot." Then Dan read through what, at the time was your last 50 posts and found that in almost all of them you were arguing and calling someone a bad name. That, in most of them, the primary thing you were doing was making personal attacks.

      You did not get banned for anything related to physics or dwell time. You got banned for your lack of people skills in a format where you are not the boss and people did not treat you like you were an expert.

      I think this is a shame because I feel you could have a lot to offer the forum if you knew how to speak to people who do not work with or for you in your field, and if you understood that you do know an awful lot about physics and engineering but that your skill level in TT may limit your ability to understand certain aspects of the game.
      I know several people who are way smarter than him who are in the field of engineering and plays really well but do no act or talk like him like everything revolves around physics.

    11. Top | #50
      UpSideDownCarl is online now
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red Rasanter R48
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black Rasanter R48

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      13,565
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 15,028 Times in 7,266 Posts
      Alright guys, I am going to ask you to see if you can let what I wrote stand so this isn't everyone pilling on BrokenBall. I really like BB and feel he has something valuable to offer the forum.

      I do think we can let my post stand for itself. I really would like BB to be able to continue to be a productive member of this forum. I just felt it was worth being clear about the fact that he has been banned from every TT forum he has been a part of, and specifically, why he was banned from this forum years ago under a different username.

      Thank you for letting me handle this without that much extra commentary.
      Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:02 PM.

    12. Top | #51
      zeio is offline
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong
      zeio's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      4,767
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6,887 Times in 2,976 Posts
      What a difference in attitude.

      https://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=379722
      http://mytabletennis.net/forum/integ...147_page1.html



      Now for some numbers.

      Sales of Spring Sponge series took a 20% hit in Q2 2020.
      Last edited by zeio; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:40 PM.

    13. The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

      Dr Evil (4 Weeks Ago)

    14. Top | #52
      zyu81 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      419
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 326 Times in 191 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by zeio View Post
      What a difference in attitude.

      https://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=379722
      http://mytabletennis.net/forum/integ...147_page1.html



      Now for some numbers.

      Sales of Spring Sponge series took a 20% hit in Q2 2020.
      That second thread was painful to read. Couldn't even make it through all 15 pages.

    15. Top | #53
      zyu81 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      419
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 326 Times in 191 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post

      You did not get banned for anything related to physics or dwell time. You got banned for your lack of people skills in a format where you are not the boss and people did not treat you like you were an expert.

      I think this is a shame because I feel you could have a lot to offer the forum if you knew how to speak to people who do not work with or for you in your field, and if you understood that you do know an awful lot about physics and engineering but that your skill level in TT may limit your ability to understand certain aspects of the game.
      Yup. However, based on zeio's thread link from 2015 it seems unlikely that the last bolded line will ever happen.

    16. Top | #54
      zeio is offline
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong
      zeio's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      4,767
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6,887 Times in 2,976 Posts
      A few days ago, Miyazaki answered popular questions on equipment in a series of tweets that highlights the actual game is far more than just physics. Some things are just the way they are.

      https://twitter.com/donata_japan/sta...91536652328960
      宮崎義仁@donata_japan·Sep 22
      一流選手のラバー代、年間約100万前後かかります。メーカーさんと契約したらそな支出は免れますが、そのメーカーさん以外のラバーは使えません。最高の粘着ラバーを使うには中国メーカーと契約が必要です。しかし今まで中国メーカーと契約できた日本選手を私は知りません。

      中国製ラバーは精度が数段階に分かれています。最高精度のラバーは海外には流出しないと言われています。運良く手にしても安定的に入手するのは難しいと考えます。

      フォロワーさんに問題です。
      トップ選手のほとんどがフォア黒面、バック赤面です。なぜでしょう?
      (以前4月6日卓球の日のイベントで私が一般の方から質問された内容です。)

      前に私もメーカーの方に質問しました。返ってきた答です。
      「選手は同じラバーでも黒の方が回転がかかると言うんですよ。研究所で計測したら回転数は同じなのに、選手が打ってみたら全員が黒の方が回転がかかると言うんですよ。」
      では次の質問です。次のTweetで。

      フォロワーさんに問題です。
      なぜ選手はフォア面に回転のかかるラバーを優先的に貼るのでしょうか?

      ①ブロックに最適なラバーは高弾性ラバーです。ブロックを多用するのはバックハンドです。従ってバック側には高弾性の赤いラバーが多用されます。

      ②少し浮いた台上ストップを狙えるか狙えないかでトップ選手は技術を磨いています。バックハンドは容易にできます。フォアハンドはラバーに粘着系が無ければ難しい技術となります。従ってフォア側には回転のかかるラバーが多用されます。

      ③バックハンドは打点を下げる事が少ないが、フォアハンドは時折打点を下げる事があります。その時少しでも回転がかかり持ち上げる事のできる回転系のラバーをフォア側に選手は多用します。

      フォロワーさんに問題です。
      スマッシュするのに適しているのは赤いラバー?黒いラバー?

      スマッシュの最大の敵は引っ掛かりです。従って回転のかかる黒いラバーより、赤いラバーの方が適しているかもしれませんね。中国選手がロビングに対して、反転して赤いラバーでスマッシュするのは周知の事ですよね。

      フォロワーさんに問題です。
      スマッシュが安定するコースは、フォアクロス?バッククロス?

      スマッシュのフォアクロスは巻き込みがちです。バッククロスは弾くように打てます。スマッシュはバッククロスの方が安定します。
      カットマンと対戦した時にフォアにチャンスボールが来ても打つのは危険です。
      逆にバックにチャンスボールが来たら思いっきり叩きましょう。

      フォロワーさんに問題です。
      バッククロスのスマッシュを安定させるにはどのようなところに気をつければ良いでしょうか?

      バッククロスのスマッシュで気をつけるところ。
      ボールの下にいち早く移動する。
      ボールの下に潜る。目線はボールと同じ高さ。
      手首は少し固めてグラつかせない。ラケットの先端を少し上げる。
      肘から先にボールの内側を叩く。ミートを強く。ミートは回転を殺す。
      Yoshihito Miyazaki @donata_japan · Sep 22
      It costs about 1 million yens a year on rubbers for top players. If you sign a contract with a manufacturer, you will be spared that expense, but you cannot use rubbers other than that manufacturer. To use the best tacky rubbers, you need a contract with the Chinese manufacturer. However, I don't know any Japanese players who have been able to get a contract with the Chinese manufacturer.

      The tolerance of Chinese rubbers is divided into several grades. It is said that the highest precision rubbers will not be leaked overseas. Even if you are lucky, it is difficult to obtain them in a stable manner.

      A question from my followers.
      Most of the top players use black on FH and red on BH. Why?
      (Previously, I was asked by the general public at a TT Day event on April 6th.)

      I also consulted with the manufacturer before. This is the answer returned.
      "Players say that even with the same rubber, the black ones take more rotation. When measured in the laboratory, the number of rotations is the same, but when the players hit it, everyone says that the black ones take more rotation."
      Now the next question. In the next Tweet.

      A question from my followers.
      Why do players preferentially attach spinny rubbers to the FH?

      (1) The best rubber for blocking is highly elastic rubber. Backhand makes heavy use of blocks. Therefore, highly elastic red rubber is often used on BH.

      (2) Top players are refining their skills on whether or not they can make a shot on slightly floating stop shots. That is easy for BH. It is difficult if the FH rubber is not tacky. Therefore, spinny rubbers are often used on the FH.

      (3) BH rarely lowers the impact point/height, but FH occasionally lowers the impact point/height. At that moment, players often use a spinny rubber on the FH to spin it up just a little.

      A question from my followers.
      Is red rubber suitable for smashing? Or black rubber?

      The biggest enemy of smash is catching[TL's note: bite?]. Therefore, red rubber may be more suitable than black rubber that takes rotation. It is well known that Chinese players flip over and smash with the red rubber against lobbing.

      A question from my followers.
      For smashes, what course is more stable, FH-side diagonal? BH-side diagonal?

      FH-side diagonal smashes are easier to get caught[?]. BH-side diagonal can be played as if you were punching. BH-side diagonal is more stable for smashes.
      It is dangerous to hit even if a chance ball comes to the FH when playing against choppers.
      On the contrary, if a chance ball comes to the BH, hit it as hard as you can.

      A question from my followers.
      What should I pay attention to stabilize the BH-side diagonal smashes?

      Points on BH-side diagonal smashes.
      Move quickly under the ball.
      Dive under the ball. The line of sight is the same height as the ball.
      The wrist should be a little stiff and not flip-flopping. Raise the tip of the racket a little.
      Hit the inside of the ball from the elbow first. Hit through it strongly. Hitting-through kills the spin.
      Last edited by zeio; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:58 PM.

    17. Top | #55
      igorponger is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Former Soviet Union


      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      416
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 127 Times in 89 Posts
      DULL CHINESE RUBBERS.
      Taisuke Masutzaki, the man behind scene, foster-father for Mima Ito. He always using H3 Nittaku a lot as a training makeshift to enhance Mima's hand muscular power. Just for the poor elasticity as inherent to the Chinese rubbers. I am all delighed on the keen mindset owned by Mr. Masudzaki.

      Last edited by igorponger; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:27 PM.

    18. Top | #56
      igorponger is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Former Soviet Union


      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      416
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 127 Times in 89 Posts
      Last edited by igorponger; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:35 PM.

    19. Top | #57
      Sof is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Banned Country: Guyana


      Join Date
      Sep 2020
      Posts
      11
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Hahahhaaaa

    20. Top | #58
      zeio is offline
      says 快、準、狠、變、轉
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong
      zeio's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Posts
      4,767
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6,887 Times in 2,976 Posts
      The Japanese market continues its recovery, now back to 70-80% according to manufacturers. An increase in new memberships in September have led to an increase in sales of all-wood blades for beginners.

      https://world-tt.com/renew/archives/1629

    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP