2.1 or 1.9mm on T05H (FH) and D05 (BH)

This user has no status.
Hi everyone, I’ve been playing with Fan Zhendong ALC with Rozena 2.1mm sponge both sides. I’m now going to change my rubbers as they are getting worn out. I know that Rozena is considered the “beginner” to Tenergy and Dignics series, and I’ve decided to go to Dignics 05 for BH and Tenergy 05 Hard for FH (I am an intermediate player who loves to play on the forehand loop and counter topspin). Therefore, if i played rozena 2.1mm, should i do 1.9mm sponge or 2.1mm sponge on the two rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi everyone, I’ve been playing with Fan Zhendong ALC with Rozena 2.1mm sponge both sides. I’m now going to change my rubbers as they are getting worn out. I know that Rozena is considered the “beginner” to Tenergy and Dignics series, and I’ve decided to go to Dignics 05 for BH and Tenergy 05 Hard for FH (I am an intermediate player who loves to play on the forehand loop and counter topspin). Therefore, if i played rozena 2.1mm, should i do 1.9mm sponge or 2.1mm sponge on the two rubber?
are you confident with your backhand? if not, don't go for dignics 05, go for d80 if you really want dignics. As you are an intermediate player, I don't recommend you going straight to butterfly tenergy or dignics series. Maybe look for something like h3 on fh and baracuda on bh. use max thickness for both I think. as that is what I did with both rubbers....

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Welcome to the Butterfly family. Go max or go home! Huurah!

This user has no status.
are you confident with your backhand? if not, don't go for dignics 05, go for d80 if you really want dignics. As you are an intermediate player, I don't recommend you going straight to butterfly tenergy or dignics series. Maybe look for something like h3 on fh and baracuda on bh. use max thickness for both I think. as that is what I did with both rubbers....
I am confident with my backhand, but I am really wanting to use the dignics and tenergy series, since that is the case, should i use 1.9 or 2.1

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
My advise is 1.9 if you are using T05 Hard.

If you want to try T05fx, then 2.1
IMG_6024.jpeg

Pussy!

• Haha
Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I am confident with my backhand, but I am really wanting to use the dignics and tenergy series, since that is the case, should i use 1.9 or 2.1
Fine, use d09c 2.1 fh, d80 2.1 bh. Don't use tenergy because the durability isn't good... compared to dignics.

This user has no status.
Fine, use d09c 2.1 fh, d80 2.1 bh. Don't use tenergy because the durability isn't good... compared to dignics.
Thanks for the advice! One last question, I’ve seen some reviews saying H3 Neo Blue Sponge Provincial/National is better than 09C, any thoughts on that and if i should indeed get H3?

This user has no status.
Thanks for the advice! One last question, I’ve seen some reviews saying H3 Neo Blue Sponge Provincial/National is better than 09C, any thoughts on that and if i should indeed get H3?
You only get H3 if you love the boosting lifestyle 😂 but if you do, nothing beats it imo. My friend recently got himself a boosted blue sponge H3 provincial and it's the spinniest rubber I've ever played with and against. I had a really hard time blocking those hard dipping loops.

09c doesn't get to that amount of spin/speed ratios.

Reactions: joshmak10
This user has no status.
You only get H3 if you love the boosting lifestyle 😂 but if you do, nothing beats it imo. My friend recently got himself a boosted blue sponge H3 provincial and it's the spinniest rubber I've ever played with and against. I had a really hard time blocking those hard dipping loops.

09c doesn't get to that amount of spin/speed ratios.
so H3 is not good when unboosted, even the national blue sponge version?

This user has no status.
so H3 is not good when unboosted, even the national blue sponge version?
No...H3 is meant to be boosted. There's like a significant difference in performance between boosted and unboosted H3. All the pros are boosting their H3s.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
No...H3 is meant to be boosted. There's like a significant difference in performance between boosted and unboosted H3. All the pros are boosting their H3s.
in my area it’s extremely difficult to find any boosters, so if i want to get H3 anyways, it is basically unusable?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
H3 is usable by itself. But like using D05 and T05H in anything less than 2.1, using H3 Neo BS provincial/national unboosted is a waste of money. Man, H3 Neo BS national is even more expensive than Dignics. And you need good glue and good booster, certainly not Tear Mender and Baby Oil.