Weight of the blade. Too heavy ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I also own a yinhe v14 pro blade- the limited version, and my blade is also 92g. But it is not heavy head, even it is very balance - mine is 187g when had rubbers. It is very good for close to mid range to the table style. If you have problem with the weight, i think you should chose a lighter rubber, may be another for bh...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
In the video both you and your opponent are trying to open the game and quickly start the rallies far from the table and the slow reaction isn't as obvious. Far from the table you have time to get into position and hit the ball properly.

The slow reaction time was most obvious for me when I:
- play close to the table - against (fast) serves and long/short pushes
- play against people standing close to the table blocking and hitting fast using the arm and not the whole body, I know a guy which can hit very hard with a very short arm movement
- had to quickly adjust the bat angle/speed against weird balls: nets, edges - is much easier to return these balls with a lighter setup

Basically, whenever you need fast reactions a heavy setup will make you slower, unless you are in a very good shape.
In all the above cases the heavy setup affects my game and I make unforced errors. With a light setup I feel the paddle like a continuation of my arm, no latency present.
Most of the recent rubbers are very heavy IMO, MAX MX-S and MX-P 50 are 75 gr uncut, that's why I try to buy blades under 85 gr.

If you decide to buy a new blade you can try tabletennis11 and ask for a specific weight.
Exactly, this afternoon, i tried a blade 5 plys with koto outer- butterfly phalanx ii. It only albout 88-89 g, with 2 rubber of v14 pro. The lighter of blade make me easier in controlling the ball, especially close to table - my forte. A litle reduction power when go far from table but i think it is better for me. With people who is better for the mid to far range, i think a heavier blade should be accordant.