Need help: Good blade and rubbers for ~100€

This user has no status.
Hey guys,

I played table tennis on a relatively low level in Germany from age 13-18. It was in a small town's club and despite the low level I was serious about my game nonetheless. Then stuff happened (university, moving to a different country etc) and I kinda just stopped playing for about 6-7 years.

Now I want to pick up the game again and need a new racket.

I want something decent for a total price of around 100€ if possible. Can be a bit more epensive but I'd say not more than 120€ in total.
My playstyle will probably be all over the place at first to see what I like/can play best. My guess would be that I'll play close to mid-distance away from the table.
(I used to try playing defense, but I definitely want two inverted rubbers for a "normal" attacking playstyle now)

What equipment would you recommend? :)

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Allround blade + 2* softish. For example Doni Appelgren Allplay + 2* Palio Hidden Dragon. That's just an example. For hardness I would say pick something about 36-37 DHS degrees or about 42.5-45 degrees in 729 or ESN scale. (I know they have their names but for love of god I can't remember which shore is which).

I would rather expect you to pay about 20€ - 40€ for starting equipment. The better equipment is worse for us newbies (I am noob too). It's harder to control and that's not what you want.

For the rubbers you can also check yinhe 9000d/e, I've used it on my friends appelgren next to his hidden dragon and apart from smell and tinies bit of tackiness I couldn't tell the difference. Bloom Power/Spin might also be an option, costs 10$ a piece and it (at least spin) ain't tacky.

When it comes to blade take a look at Donic Appelgren Allplay, Stiga Allround Classic, Yinhe N11, Sanwei M8, 729 c-5.

There is a site which is called colestt, since you are based in germany you won't be able to order from there, but you can take some inspiration from his premade setups and order them on alliexpress. There is also this resource:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletennis/wiki/beginnerposts

Reactions: yoass