Darko Jorgic - best backhand ever?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Darko Jorgic - Fastest backhand ever?

I have been watching some of Darko's matches recently and have become so impressed with his rocket backhand. It's just incredible. I don't think any player has got a more powerful b/h right now.

It's also cool that his style of play is open and great fun to watch. I predict he will be #1 in Europe and top 10 in the world very soon. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I wouldn't say best BH. It sure is among the most powerful BH but the consistency is lacking and is not very refined.

It's fun to watch him rip out a rocket shot with his BH but I honestly don't know how far a good BH can take you. It was somewhat odd to see him pivoting to use BH against a chopper instead of a FH loop.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Since I like BH oriented players I am carrefully observing Jorgic progress and he did great job with his footwork and FH.
His BH is great, reminds me of Kreanga, kind of old fashioned with full arm extend but now also very good punches.
His receive is there and if he keeps progressing there is no question for top 10, it is just the matter od time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I have been watching some of Darko's matches recently and have become so impressed with his rocket backhand. It's just incredible. I don't think any player has got a more powerful b/h right now.

It's also cool that his style of play is open and great fun to watch. I predict he will be #1 in Europe and top 10 in the world very soon. Any thoughts?

Calderano, Fan Zhendong and Liang Jingkun all have ridiculously powerful backhands as well. All that said, I think playing a chopper and running round your forehand to use your backhand speaks for itself. No top player does that on a regular basis.

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Calderano, Fan Zhendong and Liang Jingkun all have ridiculously powerful backhands as well. All that said, I think playing a chopper and running round your forehand to use your backhand speaks for itself. No top player does that on a regular basis.

I see Nexts point. However, it could be argued that this would have been useful (bh ts has different spin, trajectory etc) making the defenders job harder, IF Jorgic's bh was consistent enough. It isnt. Which is probably why we come back to Nextlevels point, the reason top players dont do it - because it is not stable/reliable/consistent enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I see Nexts point. However, it could be argued that this would have been useful (bh ts has different spin, trajectory etc) making the defenders job harder, IF Jorgic's bh was consistent enough. It isnt. Which is probably why we come back to Nextlevels point, the reason top players dont do it - because it is not stable/reliable/consistent enough.

If you think it wasn't consistent enough, let me know what match you were watching. What he did was IMO borderline supernatural with the quality of the defender and if you count the backhand winners, they have to be up there in the % totals.

Everyone can have their own opinion on whether his backhand is the greatest. But like I said, post me a match where a top player runs around his forehand repeatedly to play and score points on the backhand. Anyone who says he wasn't consistent enough just didn't watch the match. Seriously.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
And Zhang Zhike, Dima & Franz, I'd add to the list as well. Just different styles. Not so much that ripping of an FZDozer.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: bobpuls
Just gonna leave this here:

First - its not A Match
Second - far away from the sharpness of the Jorgic BH

I really haven't seen such a confident sharp BH retrieve against a chopper and I do admire it.

And as I don't like playing with choppers, Jorgic is providing me a grate portion of joy.

Reactions: NextLevel
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
If you think it wasn't consistent enough, let me know what match you were watching. What he did was IMO borderline supernatural with the quality of the defender and if you count the backhand winners, they have to be up there in the % totals.

Everyone can have their own opinion on whether his backhand is the greatest. But like I said, post me a match where a top player runs around his forehand repeatedly to play and score points on the backhand. Anyone who says he wasn't consistent enough just didn't watch the match. Seriously.

I am not disputing your point at all Next. But what I am saying is that good as that bh is, it still is inconsistent to be called the best of all time. It might get there, probably will. Just not yet. The final with Timo Boll - highlighted the inconsistency with the bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am not disputing your point at all Next. But what I am saying is that good as that bh is, it still is inconsistent to be called the best of all time. It might get there, probably will. Just not yet. The final with Timo Boll - highlighted the inconsistency with the bh.

And the other contenders are supposedly more consistent? Or you just remember them from highlights and not actual matches? The point is that Jorgic has a ridiculous backhand at least as ridiculous as any other contender for greatest backhand ever. These debates are for fun. But if Kreanga played Boll, his backhand would look just as inconsistent. Same with Karaksevic. But all someone has to show me is a player who trusts his backhand enough to run around his forehand to play it vs heavy chop. That is a different level of backhand confidence in TT history.

Not saying you are wrong but I think sometimes we find a way to remember only when people make shots that fit out thoughts and forget the times they don't. Karakasevic for most of his career was a worse player than Jorgic is already. He did have some great wins though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Wait, what made you magically concluded that i just based this on this match alone? Seriously???

I think you are free to post a more spectacular match from anyone you think has a better backhand than Jorgic since to you it is obvious that the other guys have better backhands.