• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 79
    1. Top | #1
      EmRatThich is offline
      says "IN SPIN WE TRUST"
      ❤️
       
      Verified Youtuber
      Established TTD Member Country: France
      EmRatThich's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Custom OSP Blade
      Forehand Rubber Globe 999
      Backhand Rubber Target Ultim 50 MAX

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      France
      Posts
      111
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 173 Times in 66 Posts

      Is it the end for fan made content of table tennis?

      Resolved.

      Need to be removed (with the request of ITTF).
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bbb.jpg   a22.jpg   a111.jpg   Lin Yun Ju.mp4 - Lecteur multimédia VLC.jpg  
      Last edited by EmRatThich; 05-07-2020 at 11:48 AM.

    2. The Following User Likes EmRatThich's Post:

      Takkyu_wa_inochi (04-19-2020)

    3. Top | #2
      Kaizoku is offline
      says ShakeMyShakehand
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Norway
      Kaizoku's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade XVT Hinoki ZLC
      Forehand Rubber (BH) TSP Agrit
      Backhand Rubber (FH) Tibhar Evolution MX-P

      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      Norway
      Posts
      509
      Reviews
      Read 6 Reviews
      Liked 268 Times in 159 Posts
      I'm not a lawyer.. but I can say two things.
      1. I agree it's unfair, and it seems ridiculous from ittf's side to claim copyright on material just because it's "their tournament" when the video is not taped by them, they shouldn't really have the right to do that.
      but 2. Do they have the right? What does the law say? (idk tbh) That's sadly the only thing that matters until you can claim their copyright strikes false.
      I also found it funny (or stupid :v) that ittf called copyright on Xu Xin's best point in the Chinese superleague.... as that's not really ittf, but cttsl.. like, I had ittf related points, but they choose to copyright the one that was from a Chinese channel, under cttsl... but I didn't really care for that since I was already using copyrighted tunes on the video that I didn't want to change xD

      Edit:
      Did some "Light" digging, came across this (which I assume will be the same for "ittf" in their tournaments)
      https://www.quora.com/Is-it-allowed-...t-into-YouTube

      So you have two ways to gain the right (without copyright infringement)
      1. You get an agreement with them
      or
      2. You research "fair use" and edit the vids accordingly... always keeping "copyright material" short and with edits or commentary. Although fair use is easier said than done juridically.
      Read up here on fair use: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/copy...sic-61149.html
      Last edited by Kaizoku; 04-17-2020 at 10:07 PM.
      "Despite that there are disadvantages of being a Penhold, there are more positive points from it. And in playing table tennis, we all need to diversify." ~Xu Xin - Check out my new compilation

    4. The Following User Likes Kaizoku's Post:

      EmRatThich (04-18-2020)

    5. Top | #3
      NextLevel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Mazunov
      Forehand Rubber C-1
      Backhand Rubber MX-S/C-1

      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Somewhere Good in the US
      Posts
      9,050
      Reviews
      Read 16 Reviews
      Liked 13,325 Times in 5,965 Posts
      Ittf waits until they think you have a big channel that they can make money off of before filing a strike. They just want your money.
      Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

      "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

    6. The Following 3 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

      EmRatThich (04-18-2020),splasher78 (05-11-2020),Takkyu_wa_inochi (04-19-2020)

    7. Top | #4
      Half_Ch1n9_Ch0n9 is offline
      says NO LONGER PLAYING TT CAUSE OF
      QUARANTINE
       
      TTD Member Country: Australia
      Half_Ch1n9_Ch0n9's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Handmade DEF+
      Forehand Rubber Andro Rasanter R42
      Backhand Rubber TSP Curl P1r

      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      37
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
      As usual the ITTF sucks the blood from all their players.
      If you can’t beat the Ej Join the Ej

    8. The Following 2 Users Like Half_Ch1n9_Ch0n9's Post:

      EmRatThich (04-18-2020),Takkyu_ga_suki (04-30-2020)

    9. Top | #5
      EmRatThich is offline
      says "IN SPIN WE TRUST"
      ❤️
       
      Verified Youtuber
      Established TTD Member Country: France
      EmRatThich's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Custom OSP Blade
      Forehand Rubber Globe 999
      Backhand Rubber Target Ultim 50 MAX

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      France
      Posts
      111
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 173 Times in 66 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku View Post
      I'm not a lawyer.. but I can say two things.
      1. I agree it's unfair, and it seems ridiculous from ittf's side to claim copyright on material just because it's "their tournament" when the video is not taped by them, they shouldn't really have the right to do that.
      but 2. Do they have the right? What does the law say? (idk tbh) That's sadly the only thing that matters until you can claim their copyright strikes false.
      I also found it funny (or stupid :v) that ittf called copyright on Xu Xin's best point in the Chinese superleague.... as that's not really ittf, but cttsl.. like, I had ittf related points, but they choose to copyright the one that was from a Chinese channel, under cttsl... but I didn't really care for that since I was already using copyrighted tunes on the video that I didn't want to change xD

      Edit:
      Did some "Light" digging, came across this (which I assume will be the same for "ittf" in their tournaments)
      https://www.quora.com/Is-it-allowed-...t-into-YouTube

      So you have two ways to gain the right (without copyright infringement)
      1. You get an agreement with them
      or
      2. You research "fair use" and edit the vids accordingly... always keeping "copyright material" short and with edits or commentary. Although fair use is easier said than done juridically.
      Read up here on fair use: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/copy...sic-61149.html
      Thank you Kaizoku. I love your compilation.
      It takes a lot of time to make great compilation videos. Not many people understand that.


      I have the same problem.
      ITTF reposted the Chinese rap song about table tennis, and they claimed the copyright on it.

      It's not the ITTF's song. It's the song made by the CTTA.
      And ITTF posted on their YouTube channel, and auto-claim the copyright on all of the videos which they reposted.

      But this case,
      They claimed the copyright on the fan-made record too.
      I really don't understand.

      The YouTuber content is there, not to compete with the ITTF's money. So why they do that?

    10. Top | #6
      RIPPER is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member
      RIPPER's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Ma Lin Extra Offensive
      Forehand Rubber Rakza 9 Yasaka
      Backhand Rubber Rakza 9 Yasaka

      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      390
      Reviews
      Read 12 Reviews
      Liked 105 Times in 66 Posts
      I imagine they just want to gain complete control over table tennis youtube content, so that would include them claiming copyright on all channels where possible
      Just enjoy it!

    11. The Following User Likes RIPPER's Post:

      EmRatThich (04-19-2020)

    12. Top | #7
      Kaizoku is offline
      says ShakeMyShakehand
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Norway
      Kaizoku's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade XVT Hinoki ZLC
      Forehand Rubber (BH) TSP Agrit
      Backhand Rubber (FH) Tibhar Evolution MX-P

      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      Norway
      Posts
      509
      Reviews
      Read 6 Reviews
      Liked 268 Times in 159 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by EmRatThich View Post
      Thank you Kaizoku. I love your compilation.
      It takes a lot of time to make great compilation videos. Not many people understand that.


      I have the same problem.
      ITTF reposted the Chinese rap song about table tennis, and they claimed the copyright on it.

      It's not the ITTF's song. It's the song made by the CTTA.
      And ITTF posted on their YouTube channel, and auto-claim the copyright on all of the videos which they reposted.

      But this case,
      They claimed the copyright on the fan-made record too.
      I really don't understand.

      The YouTuber content is there, not to compete with the ITTF's money. So why they do that?
      Thanks Emrat You make awesome videoes too, I've watched a lot of them <:
      Also, I don't know if that's legal... shouldn't be, Unless they somehow have the rights to all of CTTA's content.
      and. that would be messed up o.O
      I would start by sending ittf some emails to clarify their "viewpoint" on the questions like: "why would you have copyrights to fan-made table tennis recordings?" or "do the ittf have ownership over CTTA?" if "no", according to what law can you then claim copyright over a ctta produced song? if yes, then rip. And you could also ask them bluntly, if you can make an arrangement without copyright strikes. Probably won't be for free.. But doesn't hurt to try.
      In the copyright strikes you can also file disputes if you think they don't have a right... like with background voice, or short cuts as fair use should cover that. Or if they are copyrighting something you know for a fact to not be theirs. (but need to double check what exactly they can copyright first... fan made recordings during a tournament of theirs is very likely theirs by law... sadly)

    13. The Following User Likes Kaizoku's Post:

      EmRatThich (04-19-2020)

    14. Top | #8
      UpSideDownCarl is online now
      says Heavy Topspin
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red Rasanter R48
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black Rasanter R48

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      13,902
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 15,337 Times in 7,440 Posts
      Here, I guess, is a question: if you filmed a NY Yankee game from the audience, would you be allowed to post footage from that game? Or is public use of the footage, for profit, something that would be owned by the NY Yankees or Major League Baseball? And I guess, one of the distinctions is, if someone is posting the footage and profiting. Like, would that be different than if you posted the footage to show the footage, but did not have a for profit YouTube channel?

      I don't know the answers. But, the answers to those question may give insight into the questions you are asking.
      Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 04-18-2020 at 06:43 PM.
      Spin Everything.

    15. The Following 3 Users Like UpSideDownCarl's Post:

      EmRatThich (04-19-2020),Simas (04-24-2020),splasher78 (05-11-2020)

    16. Top | #9
      danisius is offline
      says brainless looper
       
      TTD Member Country: Bulgaria

      Equipment:
      Blade Victas Quartet AFC
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 (Provincial) /40 /2.15
      Backhand Rubber NIttaku Fastarc G-1 /2.00

      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      52
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
      I think it is not so bad, because maybe we might have the oportunity to see all your knowledge presented by yourself.
      So do not worry grab a camera and film yourself what you preach.

    17. The Following 2 Users Like danisius's Post:

      EmRatThich (04-19-2020),UpSideDownCarl (04-18-2020)

    18. Top | #10
      EmRatThich is offline
      says "IN SPIN WE TRUST"
      ❤️
       
      Verified Youtuber
      Established TTD Member Country: France
      EmRatThich's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Custom OSP Blade
      Forehand Rubber Globe 999
      Backhand Rubber Target Ultim 50 MAX

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      France
      Posts
      111
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 173 Times in 66 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by danisius View Post
      I think it is not so bad, because maybe we might have the oportunity to see all your knowledge presented by yourself.
      So do not worry grab a camera and film yourself what you preach.
      Yes, it could be great. My technique is not as good as the pro's player. In the video, I would like to analyse the playing style of Lin Yun Ju. I could explain my playing style too, but it's not interesting.

      But in the long term, I will film and explain the techniques like Ma Long Fanmade channel.

    19. Top | #11
      EmRatThich is offline
      says "IN SPIN WE TRUST"
      ❤️
       
      Verified Youtuber
      Established TTD Member Country: France
      EmRatThich's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Custom OSP Blade
      Forehand Rubber Globe 999
      Backhand Rubber Target Ultim 50 MAX

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      France
      Posts
      111
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 173 Times in 66 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku View Post
      Thanks Emrat You make awesome videoes too, I've watched a lot of them <:
      Also, I don't know if that's legal... shouldn't be, Unless they somehow have the rights to all of CTTA's content.
      and. that would be messed up o.O
      I would start by sending ittf some emails to clarify their "viewpoint" on the questions like: "why would you have copyrights to fan-made table tennis recordings?" or "do the ittf have ownership over CTTA?" if "no", according to what law can you then claim copyright over a ctta produced song? if yes, then rip. And you could also ask them bluntly, if you can make an arrangement without copyright strikes. Probably won't be for free.. But doesn't hurt to try.
      In the copyright strikes you can also file disputes if you think they don't have a right... like with background voice, or short cuts as fair use should cover that. Or if they are copyrighting something you know for a fact to not be theirs. (but need to double check what exactly they can copyright first... fan made recordings during a tournament of theirs is very likely theirs by law... sadly)
      You are right.
      But in this YouTube media world, the big guy always win the small guy. Even that everyone understands that there will be some illegal stuff behind.

      I don't think that I can do anything about it.
      The only way is to share, and show this fact here in the forum.

      Thank you anyway. Hope all the best.
      I just want to say, "making content video" as any kind, tutorial, compilation, best shots, etc, require a lot of time. But in the return, if ITTF just do such an "aggressive act", like this, I feel bad for community. Even the table tennis community is already small.

      I really like the compilation of top8tt, ttlondon, janus, etc. but in the return ITTF claimed all of the works.

      This time, they also want to claim the private records too. Sad
      So I just give up. All they want is more and more money.

    20. Top | #12
      Half_Ch1n9_Ch0n9 is offline
      says NO LONGER PLAYING TT CAUSE OF
      QUARANTINE
       
      TTD Member Country: Australia
      Half_Ch1n9_Ch0n9's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Handmade DEF+
      Forehand Rubber Andro Rasanter R42
      Backhand Rubber TSP Curl P1r

      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      37
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
      I reckon ITTF just wants to take claims over every fan made table tennis content and mark it as their own, as apparently “own the sport”. This doesnt apply to soccer or basketball, but why table tennis?
      I don’t just think that its end of fan made table tennis content, at this rate it could be the end of table tennis, as we might be copyrighted for playing table tennis, but its not at their tournaments.
      Last edited by Half_Ch1n9_Ch0n9; 04-19-2020 at 01:02 AM.

    21. The Following User Likes Half_Ch1n9_Ch0n9's Post:

      EmRatThich (04-19-2020)

    22. Top | #13
      Der_Echte is offline
      says Grand Consultant to the Office
      of the Goon Squad
       
      Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Der_Echte's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nate Cedar Straight
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-K
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar FX-S

      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sacramento, USA
      Posts
      10,109
      Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 10,221 Times in 5,396 Posts
      Make a video criticizing a US government agency or department of something, use the logo of the federal agency in the wrong, and see how soon youtube will tell the author it is unauthorized to use the logo that is not a private trademark, a logo that an agency the taxpayer funds... all the while on the mainstream news, no agency will go to court to stop the news media's use of the logo...

      youtube is what it is. Stick to creating funny cat videos and slips, trips & falls vids and be happy % wealthy.
      President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

      Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
      http://www.nexyusa.com

      View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
      http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

    23. The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

      EmRatThich (04-19-2020),sampletext (04-28-2020)

    24. Top | #14
      WingTT is online now
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Posts
      39
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
      I think its a stupid move on ITTFs part even if fan made recordings are illegal. The idea is to promote the sport by whatever means and this kind of small minded actions will only create distaste for ITTF and reduce the footprint of table tennis in the youtube community. They are trying to own all official table tennis content but what they are producing right now is shit. Maybe they are just jealous that other are making better content.

    25. The Following 2 Users Like WingTT's Post:

      splasher78 (05-11-2020),Takkyu_ga_suki (04-30-2020)

    26. Top | #15
      Top8TT is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Serbia
      Top8TT's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Penhold Fang Bo B2X
      Forehand Rubber Andro Rasanter R47 max
      Backhand Rubber Andro Rasanter R47 2.0

      Join Date
      Apr 2020
      Posts
      1
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      I think this is wrong move by ITTF on so many levels.

      1) Creator must be contacted before copyright strike.
      2) This is private recording, it is not record by ITTF cameras. Yes it was recorder on ITTF event and I don't know what is ITTF policy about that, but copyright is serious action, it is not like Content ID claim. I don't know does thay understand that.
      3) I think that all table tennis creators on youtube have big influence on table tennis popularity in the world.Many kids, amateur and professional players started to play table tennis because they watched their favorite players on youtube from deferent sources and every creator give something special and deferent to watch in their videos. Diversity of content is very important for this sport and I hope this is not the way ITTF is going. We are living in digital world and youtube is the biggest platform for popularization of every sport.
      I hope that your channel will be able to continue making good content, because you bring unique table tennis content for all table tennis fans.


      Greatings from Top8TT

    27. The Following User Likes Top8TT's Post:

      EmRatThich (04-23-2020)

    28. Top | #16
      zyu81 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      546
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 473 Times in 266 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by EmRatThich View Post
      Yes, it could be great. My technique is not as good as the pro's player. In the video, I would like to analyse the playing style of Lin Yun Ju. I could explain my playing style too, but it's not interesting.

      But in the long term, I will film and explain the techniques like Ma Long Fanmade channel.
      When can we expect these videos and why haven't you recorded yourself demonstrating in the past? Just because you aren't as good as the pros, it should be fine as long as you know what you are doing, right?

    29. The Following 2 Users Like zyu81's Post:

      EmRatThich (04-23-2020),UpSideDownCarl (04-23-2020)

    30. Top | #17
      EmRatThich is offline
      says "IN SPIN WE TRUST"
      ❤️
       
      Verified Youtuber
      Established TTD Member Country: France
      EmRatThich's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Custom OSP Blade
      Forehand Rubber Globe 999
      Backhand Rubber Target Ultim 50 MAX

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      France
      Posts
      111
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 173 Times in 66 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Top8TT View Post
      I think this is wrong move by ITTF on so many levels.

      1) Creator must be contacted before copyright strike.
      2) This is private recording, it is not record by ITTF cameras. Yes it was recorder on ITTF event and I don't know what is ITTF policy about that, but copyright is serious action, it is not like Content ID claim. I don't know does thay understand that.
      3) I think that all table tennis creators on youtube have big influence on table tennis popularity in the world.Many kids, amateur and professional players started to play table tennis because they watched their favorite players on youtube from deferent sources and every creator give something special and deferent to watch in their videos. Diversity of content is very important for this sport and I hope this is not the way ITTF is going. We are living in digital world and youtube is the biggest platform for popularization of every sport.
      I hope that your channel will be able to continue making good content, because you bring unique table tennis content for all table tennis fans.


      Greatings from Top8TT

      Thank you Top8TT for sharing your opinion.
      This move is difficult to understand for me.

      As far as I know, ITTF allows fan-made compilation. To promote the sport. Of course, they own the right, they use the Content ID on all of the compilation.

      But why they make copyright strike on private record?

      I'm so confused.
      I think that it's all the question of money.
      They can monetize the private record, so they "copyright strike", but it's just crazy.

    31. Top | #18
      EmRatThich is offline
      says "IN SPIN WE TRUST"
      ❤️
       
      Verified Youtuber
      Established TTD Member Country: France
      EmRatThich's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Custom OSP Blade
      Forehand Rubber Globe 999
      Backhand Rubber Target Ultim 50 MAX

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      France
      Posts
      111
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 173 Times in 66 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by zyu81 View Post
      When can we expect these videos and why haven't you recorded yourself demonstrating in the past? Just because you aren't as good as the pros, it should be fine as long as you know what you are doing, right?
      Yes, you are totally right.

    32. Top | #19
      UpSideDownCarl is online now
      says Heavy Topspin
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red Rasanter R48
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black Rasanter R48

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      13,902
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 15,337 Times in 7,440 Posts
      I agree. Someone who knows what he is doing, even if he is not young and his technique does not look quite like the top pros, if he can explain key details and show those details so you can learn, I would like that kind of video.

      One of the things I love about Brett Clarke's videos is he shows exactly what he is talking about and uses actual club level players to show examples. Or he demonstrates himself to show exactly what he means.

    33. Top | #20
      zyu81 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      546
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 473 Times in 266 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by EmRatThich View Post
      Yes, it could be great. My technique is not as good as the pro's player. In the video, I would like to analyse the playing style of Lin Yun Ju. I could explain my playing style too, but it's not interesting.

      But in the long term, I will film and explain the techniques like Ma Long Fanmade channel.
      Quote Originally Posted by EmRatThich View Post
      Yes, you are totally right.
      When can we expect those videos? What sort of ideas do you have planned for your new format of video content?

    34. The Following 2 Users Like zyu81's Post:

      mart1nandersson (05-10-2020),UpSideDownCarl (04-23-2020)

    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP