Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2013?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 76 37.4%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 75 36.9%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Chuang CHih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 8 3.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
I've read on youtube as well that he said "you used to be way better than that!"

Lol that's def not true. I understand chinese but his mouth was hard to read. Logically probably something consoling, after that upset. I didn't see them shake hands so whatever he said was probably in place of the handashake (?). :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Lol that's def not true. I understand chinese but his mouth was hard to read. Logically probably something consoling, after that upset. I didn't see them shake hands so whatever he said was probably in place of the handashake (?). :p

Yes I hoped he couldn't say that to Ma Long^^ It will be really harsh from Wang Hao to say those words Ma Long!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Yeah, I looked it over and over again and I cannot understand why they didn't make handshake? I remember few years ago Zhang Jike didn't make handshake with Ma Long after loosing 4:0 and afterwards he was criticized a lot by the Chinese coaches and fans.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Yeah, I looked it over and over again and I cannot understand why they didn't make handshake? I remember few years ago Zhang Jike didn't make handshake with Ma Long after loosing 4:0 and afterwards he was criticized a lot by the Chinese coaches and fans.

zhng made a point of making sure ma couldnt shake his hand though. this is different, wang hao obviously offered words of consolation rather than the handshake as he knew ma long was upset.
I want him to win the final now!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Guys... Didn't ma long look kind of tired in the matches against timo wang hao? :D
I think that you are right it seemed tired mentally and physically, Too much easy errors for his standard. Wang Hao was super smart.
I do not think it is a technical problem related to backhand and short game, I think he was tired maybe too much training or wrong timing.
Also maybe is a mental block, he knows he can play each shot very well and during the match may not accept the fact he is not 100% and must adapt the tactic to a more conservative approach. Of course conservative for Ma Long may consist to force the forehand instead of starting with backhand. I remember a match where he was in trouble with a backhand to backhand approach and was able to successfully switch to a mainly forehand play. Yesterday was barely able to react somehow in the last two game.
I hope he will not stop trying, he is great and inspiring to watch when he is in form (and he is in form most of the time).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Quite strange what you write about Ma Long. I am not a fan of him, but to be honest if he is in a good shape, it is really hard to beat him. I remember last year ZJK tried many times, one time even he did not shake ML hand after losing. Of course ML is not very intelligent player, his way of playing is very concentrated to attack each ball. The problem is, that when he is not in a good shape he doesn’t change his strategy. That is why he is losing. I prefer smarter players like Waldner or in nowadays Kenta Matsudaira. Anyway I prefer Wang Hao to win.

says cornilleau hinotec off+ is a carbon blade well suited...
says cornilleau hinotec off+ is a carbon blade well suited...
Nov 2012
one thing i see is ma long and xu xin having trouble with players who plays close to the table and are good blockers. xu xin had trouble with kenta matsudaira's blocks and close table game and ma long with timo's game. they also had trouble with zjk and wang hao's close table play

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I do not think he is not intelligent, quite the opposite he is very smart much more than Zang Jike. He can manage to win with every opponent in a very consistent way, much more than anyone and you cannot do that with brute force alone. It is required a great deal of tactic and technique.
The problem is with World Championships it seems that he has a drop in form at the final stages and he is not mentally prepared for that.

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)
Jan 2011
Well, he deserved it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I did not mean he is not intelligent, just the way he plays is very simple. Look at his serve, it is not very complicated and there are not many of them, also block. Compare it for instance with Wang Hao or ZJK, the both mix serve a lot, they change their tactics during the game.

I think Ma Long has a lot of variations, honestly I cannot say if more or less than WH and ZJ, but he has a lot of service and variation. I think his problem is when something basic for him is not working, he really is not prepared. For example when he misses first attack on the forehand or is not able to reach a relatively simple ball he does not know what to do to get back in the game, for the very reason that it does not happen frequently :)