• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 21 to 37 of 37
    1. Top | #21
      Ndragon is offline
      says www.youtube.com/ndragon88
       
      Established TTD Member Country: England
      Ndragon's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Victas Koji Matsushita
      Forehand Rubber Stiga Mantra S
      Backhand Rubber D.TecS OX

      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      London
      Posts
      186
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 50 Times in 31 Posts
      Xu Xin is a machine
      my youtube channel www.youtube.com/ndragon88

    2. Top | #22
      zookato is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member
      zookato's Avatar

      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      Egypt
      Posts
      150
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
      Thx for share, I hate bending down all the time picking up balls!
      * The important thing is Concentration, Focus on the ball and when the ball approaching from you by 5 cm start to control on it and do what u want.

      - Don't be nerves.
      - When you Making a topspin get back to right position to prepare to the next ball.


      I Wish Every One Be a Good Player at his local and in every where
      ----
      Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll ZLC
      Forehand: Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX

    3. Top | #23
      markog99 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member
      markog99's Avatar

      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      251
      Reviews
      Read 4 Reviews
      Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by BollForte94 View Post
      No one is able to do this 1 hour and no one in this forum is able to do that at this speed !
      i can do it at that speed.its all about the moving technique because you know where the next ball will be.but i can do it at this speed for like 2 and a half minutes lol

    4. Top | #24
      jyechen is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Regional TTD Member Country: United States
      jyechen's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade BTY Zhang Jike
      Forehand Rubber Adidas TenZone
      Backhand Rubber BTY Tenergy 64

      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      United States
      Posts
      182
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      It kind of makes me sad how important multi-balling is to being good at the sport. It's not like in tennis where there's more room for pure genius and talent, and will power I guess. Not to say there's not genius, talent and etc. in TT, just hard core practice and muscle memory seems to make a larger statement in TT than in other sports.
      BTY Viscaria
      FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial
      BH: Palio Macro Pro

    5. Top | #25
      Blueberries is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member


      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Posts
      6
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      I cant even tell which foot he's using to push himself off he's just gliding...

    6. Top | #26
      YosuaYosan is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      V.I.P TTD Member Country: Indonesia
      YosuaYosan's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade CROSSOVER
      Forehand Rubber TO
      Backhand Rubber TAKEOVER!!

      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      Indonesia - Currently studying in Perth, Western Australia
      Posts
      2,988
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 149 Times in 141 Posts
      True, multiball is a standard table tennis training.
      But this standard training exhausts the most.
      GFoT |Blade : Timo Boll ALC • FH : DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial MAX • BH : Tenergy 64 MAX
      Crossover to Takeover!

    7. Top | #27
      azlan is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      V.I.P TTD Member Country: Malaysia
      azlan's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade STIGA EBENHOLZ VII
      Forehand Rubber STIGA CALIBRA LT PLUS
      Backhand Rubber XIOM VEGA PRO

      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
      Posts
      1,871
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 155 Times in 121 Posts
      SICK cant find a feeder that fast for me to train like that..
      To improve, we must enjoy the game and above all have fun



    8. Top | #28
      UpSideDownCarl is offline
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      11,882
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 13,492 Times in 6,422 Posts
      Multiball is important. But not for the reasons you might think. It is for muscle memory and for the fact that you are actually doing things at a faster pace than would happen in a game. The downside of multiball is that, since it is a drill where there is a pattern, you know where the next ball is going, so your reactions are based on a format. That never happens in a real game. The ball can go anywhere.

      No matter what you do, every point starts with the serve, so you are either serving or receiving the serve. And if you watch enough game play, most points are over after the 3rd ball. So serve and receive drills are very important. Once you have the basic strokes and your footwork is starting to be adequate (everyone needs to work on footwork and make their footwork better, it is very important), if you spend 60-75% of your practice time on serve and attack drills your level will improve, your footwork will improve, all the skills you need for table tennis will improve. You need to do all the other drills too: practicing all the strokes, practicing footwork drills with multiball, there are many of them that are worth practicing, this one in the video and falkenberg are probably the most important for someone who has basic footwork skills. The reason the one in the video is so valuable is you develop the ability to field everything with the forehand and to move deep to the backhand quickly with the forehand.

      But multiball drills are simply for developing muscle memory and because they make you go faster than you would need in a game situation. Shadow strokes and shadow footwork drills are valuable too for the same reason. The the reason not to overemphasize these kinds of drills is that they are patterns and you know where the next ball is going, so the anticipation is very different than if you needed to watch your opponent's racket and contact and react to where they hit the ball. These kinds of drills also do not teach you how to think, problem solve and play intelligently. There are players who do all these drills really well and have great strokes but do not work on serve and receive skills (game skills) and then they play some guy who looks like he sucks, cannot do those drills, does not have good strokes or good footwork, and they get killed because he serves and attacks really well. I have seen 2000 level players (USATT rating), very good players, loose to little old men who could not move and looked like they had terrible strokes, but man they were good at serving and putting the ball away on you. On the pro level you can look at He Zhi Wen. As far as footwork is concerned, at 50 (or how ever old he is now) that guy is sort of like a statue, stuck in one place, at least in comparison to most of the pros, but he is nothing short of amazing.
      Spin Everything.

    9. Top | #29
      kaikaz is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Regional TTD Member


      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Posts
      170
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Carl Horowitz View Post
      Multiball is important. But not for the reasons you might think. It is for muscle memory and for the fact that you are actually doing things at a faster pace than would happen in a game. The downside of multiball is that, since it is a drill where there is a pattern, you know where the next ball is going, so your reactions are based on a format. That never happens in a real game. The ball can go anywhere.

      No matter what you do, every point starts with the serve, so you are either serving or receiving the serve. And if you watch enough game play, most points are over after the 3rd ball. So serve and receive drills are very important. Once you have the basic strokes and your footwork is starting to be adequate (everyone needs to work on footwork and make their footwork better, it is very important), if you spend 60-75% of your practice time on serve and attack drills your level will improve, your footwork will improve, all the skills you need for table tennis will improve. You need to do all the other drills too: practicing all the strokes, practicing footwork drills with multiball, there are many of them that are worth practicing, this one in the video and falkenberg are probably the most important for someone who has basic footwork skills. The reason the one in the video is so valuable is you develop the ability to field everything with the forehand and to move deep to the backhand quickly with the forehand.

      But multiball drills are simply for developing muscle memory and because they make you go faster than you would need in a game situation. Shadow strokes and shadow footwork drills are valuable too for the same reason. The the reason not to overemphasize these kinds of drills is that they are patterns and you know where the next ball is going, so the anticipation is very different than if you needed to watch your opponent's racket and contact and react to where they hit the ball. These kinds of drills also do not teach you how to think, problem solve and play intelligently. There are players who do all these drills really well and have great strokes but do not work on serve and receive skills (game skills) and then they play some guy who looks like he sucks, cannot do those drills, does not have good strokes or good footwork, and they get killed because he serves and attacks really well. I have seen 2000 level players (USATT rating), very good players, loose to little old men who could not move and looked like they had terrible strokes, but man they were good at serving and putting the ball away on you. On the pro level you can look at He Zhi Wen. As far as footwork is concerned, at 50 (or how ever old he is now) that guy is sort of like a statue, stuck in one place, at least in comparison to most of the pros, but he is nothing short of amazing.
      I agree with you on some parts. I do multi ball aswell and the first ball is short but all the others are placed everywhere on the table, so I dont really know where the ball is coming so I have to react which is better than knowing where the ball is coming. So the downside you said can easily be helped. But you are right about xu xin practicing speed and muscle memory.

      And you are right about He Zhi Wen, he is like a statue, but you have to look at other people with the same style they dont really move that much. Look at the woman li jiao or the headcoach of the chinese team. They move of course but not as much as other players it seems.

    10. Top | #30
      scylla24 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      International TTD Member
      scylla24's Avatar

      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      NC/VA, United States
      Posts
      499
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 5 Times in 7 Posts
      Part of it is for muscle memory, but ideally it shouldn't be completely set as to where the ball goes, a lot of the multiball drills they do for the national team and probably any team is to have random balls, to test your footwork, reaction speed. While in a match the ball can theoretically go anyway, usually thats not the case. Based off the spin that you gave the ball, what position your opponent is in, you can roughly usually guess what area the ball will go to. Of course sometimes the opponent will do something thats harder to do, and thats unexpected. The multi ball because the person feeding you the ball can go to random sides very quickly and as much as he wants can actually be way more random than in an actual point during a game. So if you can react quick enough and still return the ball with decent quality during the drill, you will fare much better in the actual game, than if you didn't do such drills during training

    11. Top | #31
      UpSideDownCarl is offline
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      11,882
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 13,492 Times in 6,422 Posts
      The first time I saw him play I thought that Xu Xin was one of the fastest players I have ever seen. But that is freakin' fast. I am sorry. I have been filmed doing things I thought were fast and then I saw them on video and realized they were not as fast as I thought. I would be very surprised if anyone on this forum can get filmed footage of them doing that drill even close to as fast as that. Even without hitting the balls I doubt anyone here can do it that fast. I would actually be surprised if anyone else on the Chinese national team can go that fast. They can all do this drill. But that is fast.

    12. Top | #32
      UpSideDownCarl is offline
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      11,882
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 13,492 Times in 6,422 Posts
      scylla24 and kaikaz, you are making some good points. And you can do multiball and add the element of randomness. And in a game you can have a good idea where the ball is going to go and even set yourself up. Even in the drill that Xu Xin is doing in this video, the ball does not go to the exact same spot so he is having to adjust to the ball. And it is worth working on all the skills of playing.

      And of course this statement is very true and well said: "The multi ball because the person feeding you the ball can go to random sides very quickly and as much as he wants can actually be way more random than in an actual point during a game. So if you can react quick enough and still return the ball with decent quality during the drill, you will fare much better in the actual game, than if you didn't do such drills during training."

    13. Top | #33
      Daniel94 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Italy
      Daniel94's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade BTY Korbel SK7
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar 1Q
      Backhand Rubber Donic Acuda S2

      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Posts
      14
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Multiball is very important to improve your skills and footwork , it's essential to train better, but to do this you need a coach.

    14. Top | #34
      Bollforte94 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Germany
      Bollforte94's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Boll Forte
      Forehand Rubber Genius+ Optimum
      Backhand Rubber Aurus Soft

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Posts
      886
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 136 Times in 84 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Daniel94 View Post
      Multiball is very important to improve your skills and footwork , it's essential to train better, but to do this you need a coach.
      you need a good coach. is there a how to or a tutorial for multiball ?

    15. Top | #35
      ankit is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      india (chd)
      Posts
      4
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      It is a balls will hit the table and my technique will be horrible as well

    16. Top | #36
      judah000 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Philippines
      judah000's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Donic Carbo System OFF+
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 National Version
      Backhand Rubber Donic Desto F2

      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      505
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 18 Times in 27 Posts
      Wow!! That was fast, but XX was doing it looks so easy. But tried... SO HARD!!!!

    17. Top | #37
      Eric1999 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Spain


      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      24
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      Xu Xin's daily practise is showed in the matches, he moves the ball very quickly

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP