What is your favourite brand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
blade: BTY and Xiom
Rubbers: BTY (Tenergy), Rasant variants..

Basically, if i need to replace and i got money, i go for BTY, else, i go xiom and rasants..

Reactions: TableTennisNerd
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I have been looking at the JOOLA products and they are my new fave make. I don't know which blade to get, Fever, K6, k7, rossi emotion or rossi force. has anyone used these blades??!!
Rossi Emotion is great if you a good touch, Fever is also similar but slightly less control.
K7 is fastest of em all, but less control.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I hate to say it, but Butterfly has the best stuff around. Bloody overpriced, but the quality and consistency are amazing. It's really sad but there are plenty of fakes floating around the market now. :(

Well, I will say that Butterfly's composite blades are the best composite blades. I don't really like their all wood blades as much. There are a lot of companies that make better all wood blades even though Butterfly's all wood blades are more durable than most. They just don't have the same kind of feeling as so many Swedish made all wood blades.

A few months ago I had the opportunity to hit with a Nittaku/Avalox P-700 that was made in 1990 and a Stiga Clipper from the same time period (6mm Clipper unlike the current 7mm Clippers). Those two blades both played amazingly.

The closest thing to that these days is the Hand Made all wood blades from OSP. And OSP's customer service is top notch. When you order a blade from them you can customize the handle. You can specify the size of the head. You can request a specific weight. And if you order from them, it takes a few weeks to get to you but that is because they make the blade after you order it. OSP is a very good company with the kind of customer relations services that no other table tennis company seems to have.

Butterfly's rubbers are the best. But, right now the Victas V>01 series of rubbers is better for the Poly ball because of the special topsheet. This is in spite of the fact that the Tenergy sponge is better. The Victas rubber still seems to perform better in most ways with the Poly ball because the topsheet really has been designed to grab the Poly ball fully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh, and Butterfly definitely has the most high tech and best equipped KGB style hit squad. Ask Der_Echte about when they were after him for using "Pro" versions of their equipment. He's got stories.

Oh yeah, and you gotta ask him to tell you the story about what they tried to do way back when they found out he stopped using Tenergy. I am dealing with that same hit squad now, since I just changed to Victas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I hate to say it, but Butterfly has the best stuff around. Bloody overpriced, but the quality and consistency are amazing. It's really sad but there are plenty of fakes floating around the market now. :(

Yeah agree it's so annoying, Is butterfly the most popular brand when it comes to fake stuff?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by weiren_lim

Yeah agree it's so annoying, Is butterfly the most popular brand when it comes to fake stuff?
I totally agree with carl, Butterfly makes best composite blades.
Butterfly is the most counterfeited because it is very overpriced and overrated in my opinion.
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...20150121214608&SearchText=table+tennis+rubber

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
if you guys could be sponsored and so receive free stuff from that brand, which brand would it be? for me it would be bty as their stuff is the best but just not worth the money

For me it would be OSP. Since they only make blades, I could have someone else for rubbers. hahah. But I like all wood blades and OSP makes the best handmade all wood blades. Since right now I am using Victas rubbers and they are great for the new plastic ball, that would be good enough for me. Tenergy may be the best rubber for the celluloid ball and definitely has the best sponge, but Victas is still better for the Plastic ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: TableTennisNerd
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi Carl - what victas rubber is closest to T05 in speed/hardness?

I feel like Victas is a bit faster. But I have a friend who is way better than me who said it was not as fast. The topsheet grabs more. So if you use more topsheet it appears to me faster. Tenergy's sponge is better so if you are really using the sponge with the topsheet perhaps Tenergy is faster. The control is similar but it has more grab.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Cheers Carl! I will give it a try... so its the Victas01 right? not the limber I presume..

I am using Victas V>01 Stiff on FH and Limber on BH. But the V>01 that does not say Stiff or Limber is probably right in between those two in terms of hardness and closer in hardness to T05. Stiff is harder than T05. But all of them are good.