2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Ma Long is ahead vs every other player. Does that mean that his opponents should leave WO when they're up against him? In that case they have the loser mentality and should start taking ballet classes or something else where there's no opponents to lose to.

ma long 11-1 head to head with koki niwa.
40 - 10 games won and half of koki's games are from 2013

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Ma Long is ahead vs every other player. Does that mean that his opponents should leave WO when they're up against him? In that case they have the loser mentality and should start taking ballet classes or something else where there's no opponents to lose to.

Tell Koki Niwa what to do. Coach him.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'll coach him towards the nearest ballet academy.

Sure. It is not a fighting thing, he knows he lacks the weapons to get the job done. Ever played someone who after a few points you realize there is no point chasing the ball to block it because they will just loop to the opposite corner and never miss until you do? That is how Koki feels. He is more of a serve and serve return player than a rally player so he just realizes that none of his plays are getting him advantages - where is the fun in playing when you have been fully decoded?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'll coach him towards the nearest ballet academy.

You seem to think that’s a soft and easy place to be. In real life, though, it’s a place of grueling excercise, hunger, tremendous physical and mental strain, fierce rivalries, with only a very very few making it.

If there’s a place that would make LGL’s discipline seem easygoing, it’s this. Yet you keep pretending it’s a soft landing somehow for those not tough enough.

A strange idea indeed. I doubt if ZJK, ML, FZD would last more than a few days there. None so tough as the ballet dancers I’ve known. None.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The only solution I could give is to study Ma Long even more, and practice even harder. What's the alternative? Wait till Ma Long retires?

Sure. It is not a fighting thing, he knows he lacks the weapons to get the job done. Ever played someone who after a few points you realize there is no point chasing the ball to block it because they will just loop to the opposite corner and never miss until you do? That is how Koki feels. He is more of a serve and serve return player than a rally player so he just realizes that none of his plays are getting him advantages - where is the fun in playing when you have been fully decoded?

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You don't think ZJK, FZD and ML has gone through grueling phases to get where they are, and to stay there? 3 million Chinese play TT. You don't think it's still grueling to have young guns breathing down your neck just dying to take your place? The mental strength of these guys is something else.

You seem to think that’s a soft and easy place to be. In real life, though, it’s a place of grueling excercise, hunger, tremendous physical and mental strain, fierce rivalries, with only a very very few making it.

If there’s a place that would make LGL’s discipline seem easygoing, it’s this. Yet you keep pretending it’s a soft landing somehow for those not tough enough.

A strange idea indeed. I doubt if ZJK, ML, FZD would last more than a few days there. None so tough as the ballet dancers I’ve known. None.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
You don't think ZJK, FZD and ML has gone through grueling phases to get where they are, and to stay there? 3 million Chinese play TT. You don't think it's still grueling to have young guns breathing down your neck just dying to take your place? The mental strength of these guys is something else.

Yes, I think they did, and no, I don’t. I think they went to extremes for a long time, starting at a young age, under a relentless regime.

That’s the top for you. They do get nourished, though, and don’t get their hair in a bun stapled to their head.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You remember when everyone thought Ma Long was a choker in WTTC? What if he would've given up after WTTC 2014?

Yes, I think they did, and no, I don’t. I think they went to extremes for a long time, starting at a young age, under a relentless regime.

That’s the top for you. They do get nourished, though, and don’t get their hair in a bun stapled to their head.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
You remember when everyone thought Ma Long was a choker in WTTC? What if he would've given up after WTTC 2014?

Why do you ask, and why do you ask me?

I have some understanding and a lot of compassion for anyone who, like Koki Niwa, has dedicated so much and then somehow gets to be in a place of desolate frustration. I even understand venting that despair.

That does not make him weak, or means he’s giving up. It means he’s a human coping with a recent traumatic experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

But he can't just like Koki Niwa can not. The difference is that MA long was losing to one person. Koki Niwa keeps playing Fan and Ma Long and nothing changes. He will not stop trying or playing as TT is his life but playing in front of his home country the pressure to play well was immense. And to come out and feel helpless and embarrassed - you have to understand that if the match was in China he might have felt very differently.

Reactions: drunix80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
...He needs to approach Fzd exactly the same way as he did in China Open 2018.

Well, it’s not that ML didn’t want to control the game the same way he did before, it’s that He couldn’t do it the same way as FZD has made tremendous effort to improve his control and play variations and the effect is beginning to show. FZD now is not the same as in 2018 China Open and ML will have to come up with new tactics to deal with FZD.

There were multiple instances in the game that Fan did quick pushes to ML s forhand side near the net which caught ML off guard. In the past, Fan would rip the all with his backhand without hesitation.

One of the most used tricks ML uses to play FZD at critical stages is to serve a weak underspin with sidespin to Fan’s back hand to bait for Fan ‘s backhanded rip to ML’s backhand, ml would then step around and issue a devastating fh counter down the line. The trick will be less effective as FZD is starting to use more variations

Reactions: Michal_Z
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Why do you ask, and why do you ask me?

I have some understanding and a lot of compassion for anyone who, like Koki Niwa, has dedicated so much and then somehow gets to be in a place of desolate frustration. I even understand venting that despair.

That does not make him weak, or means he’s giving up. It means he’s a human coping with a recent traumatic experience.
Because you've taken somewhat of an opposite position in this discussion compared to myself, so I'm interested in what kind of solution you imagine for Koki Niwa?

And Ma Long lost to both Wang Hao and ZJK even though he really shouldn't, as he had better results generally. That's actually even a worse position than Kokis because Ma Long showed that he couldn't handle the pressure in WTTC. Koki is simply not good enough and he has never been considered a favorite who choked over and over. He just run into stronger players. No shame in that.

I think it's a little untactical to vent the frustration this close to WTTC, those things can infect a training camp leading up to the tournament.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The only solution I could give is to study Ma Long even more, and practice even harder. What's the alternative? Wait till Ma Long retires?

FZD actually addressed that question in a recent interview. I'm still thinking whether I should sub it...because it's long.