2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Butterfly's site, which is usually pretty well updated, have shown D05 for a while now.
Butterfly's website IMHO isn't as well updated as one might think, I have also heard from rumors that there is usually shared perspective on the best rubbers to use on the German team and most of them have 09c on both sides.

Reactions: dingyibvs
Training with the Lebruns, it is pretty obvious and straightforward.
That will certainly be the case but he has been training with them for longer than the last six months. Still, it is remarkable that he is playing so well.(y)

Reactions: mikeytt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Butterfly's website IMHO isn't as well updated as one might think, I have also heard from rumors that there is usually shared perspective on the best rubbers to use on the German team and most of them have 09c on both sides.
They had him as D09c on both sides, but that's changed, so I assumed it was legit. Either way, he needs to adapt his style IMO.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That will certainly be the case but he has been training with them for longer than the last six months. Still, it is remarkable that he is playing so well.(y)
Such things from training take time to show up in matches. But the past few months, he has been training with them a lot more as part of Olympic preparation and all the team tournaments. That said even last year, he had some strong results, I still remember the feeder where he beat the whole Chinese B team, it is easy to forget such things.

Reactions: turbozed and Metaxa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Simon has been going strong in the last 2-3 months. Whence comes this sudden resurgence? Anybody got any idea?
Not to bring a post about equipment into the fray, but within the last 6-9 months he finally switched to a carbon set up and is probably getting used to it now. He was historically against carbon as he is a "feeling" type of player.

Here's the ttd video where he talks about it:

Regardless, it's been really fun watching him play recently!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Not to bring a post about equipment into the fray, but within the last 6-9 months he finally switched to a carbon set up and is probably getting used to it now. He was historically against carbon as he is a "feeling" type of player.

He has been using that setup well before that video was released (and that video might have been older), but maybe it just finally clicked for him or he wasn't being straightforward about his prior equipment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sland

I no longer watch Dan's videos. I still owe the man a signed copy of Gauzy's Andro HL CO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
WTTChampionsIncheon2024WSR16240330S.jpg