A day with Xu Xin

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I agree I read that when you're able to use both of your hand you're more determined, more adaptable to new situation and and more apt to handle problems without giving up. That's why they force him to use both hand like Ma Long!

Ma Long use both to? I've heard this theory before aswell, to use your non playing arm on every day activities.. Meant to be good for neuro system ect... I tried for a week. I need to start it again. One of hardest tasks is brushing your teeth with opposite hand :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Ma Long use both to? I've heard this theory before aswell, to use your non playing arm on every day activities.. Meant to be good for neuro system ect... I tried for a week. I need to start it again. One of hardest tasks is brushing your teeth with opposite hand :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Yes I saw Ma Long using his left hand during training. And I think it's good for neuro system like you said, cause I use both my hand (accident when I was younger) and sometimes I'm more confident when I play!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011

yes he does :) he said it in an interview. for example using the left hand for his notebook ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
did you noticed, that he is doing every important things with his right hand and not with his left? :D eating. insert keycard. glue his rubber and blade. using the remote control :D
You got the spot!! I think it increases coordination and such stuff :)
I know a player who is righthander but plays with the left hand on a very good level!!
Amazing!!
As I am a kids coach, when we play games, I usually play with my left hand, so I can improve haha ^^
Nice video ;)

Edit: That thing with the fingernails is crazy and these dubble rope jumps, I can do them too ;D

Last edited:
says yup.. from weibo haha :D
says yup.. from weibo haha :D
Oct 2011
Great!! this is something i would share to my chinese friends! STIGA makes a lot of docu stuff I love it! they should have put subtitles though.. I didn't like the dub..
I hope Butterfly would make some too for Zhang Jike and Liu Shiwen!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Edit: That thing with the fingernails is crazy

yeah i tried it yesterday for a solid hour :D its not that easy. you really have to hit your nails. if the ball touch just a little bit of your skin .... baaaaaaang :D the secret is, to use just four fingers. dont use the little one! because you have to do a funnel, where the ball rotates in. but if you also try to use the little finger, you are not able to do a good funnel figure and the ball will jump away :D did you get it? :)
hope that google translator does not kid me. stupid special words :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
yeah i tried it yesterday for a solid hour :D its not that easy. you really have to hit your nails. if the ball touch just a little bit of your skin .... baaaaaaang :D the secret is, to use just four fingers. dont use the little one! because you have to do a funnel, where the ball rotates in. but if you also try to use the little finger, you are not able to do a good funnel figure and the ball will jump away :D did you get it? :)
hope that google translator does not kid me. stupid special words :D

Indeed, you bent your fingertips slightly inward, to make a 'bowl-like' shape with your nails being the inside of the 'bowl', where the ball can fit in and spin :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
yes he does :) he said it in an interview. for example using the left hand for his notebook ;)

Ah awesome! I just found a cool article about various studies on neurons :)... if you go down the page just before half way there is a brain exercise called 'A Brain Exercise You Can Do Right Now'.. it suggests to use your mouse with your opposite hand, brush teeth with opposite hand ect.. Very interesting.. http://www.fi.edu/learn/brain/exercise.html

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
i liked the video so much but table tennis is everything in his life . i mean he has no time for family or friends
i think it's a hard life .

That is true, but in return he gets a life without work after he is somewhere between 30-40. That's with any professional sports player. You 'sacrifice' the first part of your life, but you don't have to work in the second part if you do it well :)