A pathetic situation?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm not sure why out of the box thinking can't be applied here, just get a cheap af "dumb phone" which can only make calls and receive texts, that would solve both problems at the same time....

If I were a parent I wouldn't be comfortable with your proposed arrangement either.
You think you have all the answers
But the pros that do it for a living dont right? All those parents also have answers and love to boss the head coach around on how to run the team. I see it very often.

We talking about places who can accommodate 30 kids per year for the past 15 years.
Pro sport or boarding school have rules
You can’t accept the rules, you find a place that suits your style. I don’t understand why parents feel they have the right to come and demand things their way. Maybe that is why kids become strawberries.

6:15am morning run
7:20 breakfast
8-12 school
12:30 lunch
13:45 training start
17:00 dinner
18:30 evening training start
20:30 evening training ends
21:05-21:15 phone usage
22:00 lights out

Pro sport isn’t for the faint hearted
That is why this is a filter up or out model.
And maybe why so many pros won’t want their kids to pursue pro sports.

One of the kid’s didn’t make the cut, so didn’t get chosen to play for the team. In comes daddy and mommy asking the head coach if he can promise her daughter a chance next year or they will change teams,
I felt sorry for the daughter that has parents like that.
I know 5 teams/schools, every team has these parents…if coaches all allow the wishes to come true, just image the chaos with 50 parents all demanding something. Will need a full on call center to cater for these things

Last edited:
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
And now from the other side.... I want to train my serves for half an hour to get better, but there is always someone who want to play and didn't understand i just want to practice.... I newer say no..... But im not happy about it.... Btw there are many of free tables

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
And now from the other side.... I want to train my serves for half an hour to get better, but there is always someone who want to play and didn't understand i just want to practice.... I newer say no..... But im not happy about it.... Btw there are many of free tables
Do you have a container of balls?
If yes, anyone should be able to see you want to serve.

Since there are free tables, If I was you, I would just continue serving or tell him you want to serve for 30 mins.

Reactions: bobpuls
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Do you have a container of balls?
If yes, anyone should be able to see you want to serve.

Since there are free tables, If I was you, I would just continue serving or tell him you want to serve for 30 mins.
I do have a container... But i do not use it, i jus grab 10 balls to my pocket and picking them up so i have more movement.... A litttle bit big stomach 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Jslick89
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
blahness said:
You also apparently have no idea about the counterpoints I made. I understood the points fully, it's a common thinking among the older gen. I'm just asking you to take a step back and look at the bigger picture in terms of coaching. Instead of looking at it like some sort of boot camp instructor. The kids will 99% not be able to make a living out of TT anyway, so what's the point of imposing close to abuse level situations on them? Might as well let them train happily, and maybe they will have something they can enjoy for the rest of their lives, instead of hating it when they eventually grow up and have to go into a different profession.
Who said I abuse them? Haha
Who said they cant make a living out of it?

Your reply again have showed your cluelessness on what is happening on my side of the world
WOW !!! Popcorn time !!!

blahness, you doing one bangup job of open that mouth and jamming the foot down there... and I say that as one who has a long history of doing that.

Why don't you start by making a coherent definition of abuse instead of assuming everyone thinks it is the same one you believe.

The great majority on my nation believes that spanking a child when they failed to follow rules set by parents or were disrespectful to others... our nation's vast majority think this is abuse and they are WRONG. it is discipline. It is actually abuse to withhold discipline as children with absolutely suffer when they are not under discipline.

I will tell you and everyone publicly that when you have a generation of children growing up without discipline, love and accountability, that generation will be 10x more likely to turn out bad, like violently criminally bad. Crime stats prove it - those who grew up without a father (who is the one who sets, enforces, and fosters discipline) actually are the ones who commit 10x more of the violent crimes, like armed robbery, assault, murder.

Tony is by no means a hardcore marine Corps drill instructor, but he certainly knows the value of a strict discipline system established by a father, supported by a mother, executed by coaches, teachers, etc

Personally, in my life I was a punk teenager in this regard, I did not have such discipline in my youth... so when I became an adult, I did not have or develop a proper vision of what I should become. I had no marketable skills or wealth built up. My position was bad. if I had real parents (especially Asian parents) who actually put the children under discipline and set a vision for them or get the child to realize it early, such parents prepare a child well in every way so they can succeed, often on a level better than the parent and the parent is ready/willing to sacrafice to achieve that.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
haha,

When a much better player offers me the chance to do something with him or her for 5 minutes, I always opt for receiving their serves.

I guess I am a real oddball of a dude. many a player wants to go macho-man loop to loop and show them they can do it. I know I can do that and I KNOW that my serve receive is a real hot mess compared to my other strengths, so I take up a better play on such an offer every time.

You are helping the world Bob very well.

This user has no status.
blahness said:
You also apparently have no idea about the counterpoints I made. I understood the points fully, it's a common thinking among the older gen. I'm just asking you to take a step back and look at the bigger picture in terms of coaching. Instead of looking at it like some sort of boot camp instructor. The kids will 99% not be able to make a living out of TT anyway, so what's the point of imposing close to abuse level situations on them? Might as well let them train happily, and maybe they will have something they can enjoy for the rest of their lives, instead of hating it when they eventually grow up and have to go into a different profession.

WOW !!! Popcorn time !!!

blahness, you doing one bangup job of open that mouth and jamming the foot down there... and I say that as one who has a long history of doing that.

Why don't you start by making a coherent definition of abuse instead of assuming everyone thinks it is the same one you believe.

The great majority on my nation believes that spanking a child when they failed to follow rules set by parents or were disrespectful to others... our nation's vast majority think this is abuse and they are WRONG. it is discipline. It is actually abuse to withhold discipline as children with absolutely suffer when they are not under discipline.

I will tell you and everyone publicly that when you have a generation of children growing up without discipline, love and accountability, that generation will be 10x more likely to turn out bad, like violently criminally bad. Crime stats prove it - those who grew up without a father (who is the one who sets, enforces, and fosters discipline) actually are the ones who commit 10x more of the violent crimes, like armed robbery, assault, murder.

Tony is by no means a hardcore marine Corps drill instructor, but he certainly knows the value of a strict discipline system established by a father, supported by a mother, executed by coaches, teachers, etc

Personally, in my life I was a punk teenager in this regard, I did not have such discipline in my youth... so when I became an adult, I did not have or develop a proper vision of what I should become. I had no marketable skills or wealth built up. My position was bad. if I had real parents (especially Asian parents) who actually put the children under discipline and set a vision for them or get the child to realize it early, such parents prepare a child well in every way so they can succeed, often on a level better than the parent and the parent is ready/willing to sacrafice to achieve that.
We have no problems in Chinese culture in terms of disciplining kids and we sure have very few of the problems like fatherless families you were mentioning. Not sure what your point was in relation to the topic which is needlessly imposing harsh conditions on kids to make them "tougher" - stuff that have 0 relation to increasing their technical level like withholding air-conditioning to kids undergoing brutal multiball training. This is the stuff that causes kids to hate you for their life and get mental/physical scars.

Discipline should be up to the parents and a coach should just stick to teaching technique to kids and stay out of whatever discipline crap that is well outside the scope of work! Also on mobile phone usage - who knows if the coach is a pervert etc... we've heard of way too many cases of sexual abuse by coaches. Of course parents want some reassurance of the kid's safety and one way would be to have them always have a mobile phone and they can always feel free to contact the parents if anything is wrong.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In USA, Asians have the lowest rates of fatherlessness at birth. Asian parents who adhere to their former culture enforce strict discipline and leadership have their children in the best positions to succeed when they become adults.

The Asian parents in USA who are losing such culture and do not pay attention to discipline and vision are seeing their children increasingly lose advantages.

Allowing discipline to slip is an early precursor to decline. That is why I highlight that. The ones who are pressing for relaxing this and getting rid of this are doing the same things to culture that marxists do - destroy family, foster generations of people with no skills, discipline, or vison and get people dependent on govt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I do have a container... But i do not use it, i jus grab 10 balls to my pocket and picking them up so i have more movement.... A litttle bit big stomach 😁
I would place (even a fake container), on the table, to show others your intentions.
some times that "image" will be enough.

But of course, you get those who want things they way and totally ignore you or your container - since the world evolves around them (just like those parents who dictate how coaches should manage they kids lol)
if it doesn't work, then say, come back in 30 mins when I am done

This user has no status.
In USA, Asians have the lowest rates of fatherlessness at birth. Asian parents who adhere to their former culture enforce strict discipline and leadership have their children in the best positions to succeed when they become adults.

The Asian parents in USA who are losing such culture and do not pay attention to discipline and vision are seeing their children increasingly lose advantages.

Allowing discipline to slip is an early precursor to decline. That is why I highlight that. The ones who are pressing for relaxing this and getting rid of this are doing the same things to culture that marxists do - destroy family, foster generations of people with no skills, discipline, or vison and get people dependent on govt.
There are no advantages to being Asian in the US. Asians work hard like shit and have the lowest crime rates but are not getting anywhere except becoming worker bees. Asians in the US constantly pay an invisible Asian tax, right from racial bullying at schools to official racist quotas at university enrolment (maybe it's now becoming unofficial after the Harvard case) to bamboo ceilings at the workplace, having 0 to negative representation in media, getting villified constantly in the news and still being the target of hate crimes and police brutality, and a whole lot other issues I haven't named.

There's literally nothing positive about having to work a shit ton harder than other races and still getting treated like shit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I am very soft compared to the really hardcore coaches.

Sports people is not for chickens
just like marines are not for chickens

Blisters over blisters is a hard thing to handle - especially if it is in your foot.

It is no different in tennis and anyone who trained as a professional sportsman will know - you can't be a softy or a chicken. You need a strong parents and weep in the background and not try and over protect your child.

If one have never walked the path, it is really just "playing musical instruments with a cow"

1694918124862.jpeg

Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
There are no advantages to being Asian in the US. Asians work hard like shit and have the lowest crime rates but are not getting anywhere except becoming worker bees. Asians in the US constantly pay an invisible Asian tax, right from racial bullying at schools to official racist quotas at university enrolment (maybe it's now becoming unofficial after the Harvard case) to bamboo ceilings at the workplace, having 0 to negative representation in media, getting villified constantly in the news and still being the target of hate crimes and police brutality, and a whole lot other issues I haven't named.

There's literally nothing positive about having to work a shit ton harder than other races and still getting treated like shit.
I will make a lot of comments that support some of the stuff you are saying here, especially at the end. (after I qualify some things)

The formula all people, groups, and nations have used to gain economic and social success in USA is SKILLS, HARD WORK, and SAVINGS.

Skills are marketable skills that once training/accreditation is done will result in immediate employment at a higher and increasing level. In USA, so many go a uni thinking one can only move up with a degree, it is mostly untrue in USA, mostly because of the choice.

If one majors in English Lit, or African studies, one is not very likely to get much employment opportunities, even if somehow someone gets a job with that, it is dead end stuff.

If one majors in immediately marketable stuff like medicine, science, elec/mech/computer/software engineering, then there is immediate opportunity after uni, it only goes up with time.

Hard Work is needed. if one works harder than the rest of the people in their workplace and/or those in his/her field, more success comes.

Savings is a required thing. One will not grow financially if they spend 100-160% of their income. Even better to know even simple investing like S&P 500 mutual fund, which can be opened with low hundreds of USD a month investing (though one really needs 500-1000 a month investing at 10% growth to really grow their investment after 30-40 years)

For the longest time, in USA, this was exactly how every person and group got successful. When people and groups began to depend on government for handouts (which mandated a single parent led house - almost always a female) we began decades of ever increasing fatherless homes... when kids grow up without discipline, love, accountability and parental vision, the chances kid succeeds goes way down... and chances kid becomes a violent criminal go way up. Well over 1/2 our violent crimes are committed by the fatherless.

In USA, for many decades, you had low single digit percentage of Asian descended people being born in USA fatherless... and we know the traditional values (USA used to have them too before the welfare state)... we know the outcomes.

One can look at in USA at all the uni programs of these advanced studies that result in good paying jobs... nearly ALL these programs are dominated by Asians - Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Philippina, INDIAN. You might be lucky to see 10-25% of non-Asian USA people in these programs. WHY would it be like this for Asians? They have PARENTS who push their kids, have a vision for them with strong love, sacrifice, discipline and accountability strongly enforced.

Look at who blows away all their money when they get work and who saves... the ones saving are those with strong parental leadership and support - Asians strongly represented here.

It is that simple. The rest of USA have the same opportunity to work hard and get their kids ready to succeed... but if 70% plus of one group, 50%+ of another, 30%+ of another group... the 3 largest groups including whites be born without father and mother from birth... what you think gunna happen. You think no father household gunna make kid actually work, study and achieve? What you think those SAT scores gunna look like? There are entire school districts in USA where zero percent of the kids can read or do math at grade level... it is because no one at home pushing them.

Then in USA, academia has been taken over by marxists... they set the rules for uni admission. They believe it is not "Fair" to admit the highest SAT score and otherwise best qualified candidates into uni... so they quota-in their made up number other groups who would not qualify on merit.

This is direct blatant discrimination vs those who have the best qualifications... which no-shyt Sherlock they worked the hardest to get that qualified. These are often great majority Asians who are denied such opportunity at the "best" unis, although they are much better qualified.

This gets worse as the under-qualified who got admitted, although with an SAT in 80th percentile, who would be on Dean's list at Nebraska U, now are on academic suspension at MIT, because they cannot keep up with the coursework... they bomb out and now have 50,000 to 100,00 USD debt and credentials. (Boston is uber expensive, costs $30k a yr min to live in a hole in the wall - so double this for Boston are unis).

blahness is right about the forced disadvantages for Asians in the USA unis... and the bullying... but is bad in other groups too, often worse. A black in one of these schools where next to no one achieves... if that kid studies hard and tries to earn his way out of poverty though strong devotion to study... that kid is big time bullied by his peers and called a sellout to his race.

blahness correctly states Asians in USA commit way less crime relative to other groups... it is directly related to fatherlessness in larger numbers. Some people are evil and will oppress others and do crime, but the fatherless are literally 10x more likely to be in this category, especially the violent crimes.

The Harvard Admissions Scandal is typical of many elite Unis run by marxists. Such marxists will say that student population should reflect the population demographics in percentages... and damn admitting on merit. Even though Asian descended ones are around 7% of USA people, they dominate the top tier 1-2 percent of SAT scores, which has traditionally been a strong consideration for academic qualification.

Now a lot of these elite unis do not want to use SAT to justify their discrimination.

Reactions: blahness
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
There are no advantages to being Asian in the US
I would argue that there are huge advantages, but there are some discriminatory things they have to overcome... which nearly all do.

The advantage is strong parenting... BOTH parents supportive, sacrificing, providing vision, and doing every damn thing possible to make the kid successful.

Asian kids with such parents will be extremely focused, know their objectives for study and success, and will have worked themself into a position to be way more qualified than those around them to do it.

So maybe harvard and MIT and such ivy league outfits deny opportunity to many much more qualified Asian descended kids... OK, these kids go to UC Davis, Sac State, and other professional engineering programs and still succeed at a very high rate.

Time after time, in USA we have Asian (also African (hello @NextLevel ) people) who come to USA withith much financial assets, but prepare themselves to be trained to get marketable skills, whether that be professional uni trained skills, or useable trade skills (diesel mechanic making $70 and hour or AC Tech making that) or entrepreneurial skills...

We have these kind come to USA, work as individual and support each other in their family and group... then BAM!!! Within one generation such are nowhere near poverty and are suddenly in top ten percent of income earners.

... and all the time, many other Americans who have exactly the same chance do not achieve. There are many obvious reasons and many of them go right back to family and culture. If you do not have a father, and/or do not have strong parental leadership (they parents do not need to be uni grads, just be strong with vision, discipline and sacrifice for kid)... if kid does not have this, then there are natural disadvantages.

Of course these disadvantages also can be overcome, but it isn't easy and not many make it. Der_Echte is one who came from such a disadvantaged background, and I am now a top ten percent income earner (after 30+ yrs suffering while I worked hard, saved, and increased/changed my skillset) and I did not do it through the uni program route.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I focused nearly exclusively on parenting... and there are examples where some make it without that.

Of course the kid has to do the work and keep at it... but if you get a large number of kids... and give one set of them strong parents, and have one set of them do whatever they want all their youth without accountability... guess which set of kids is gunna overwhelmingly succeed?

Of course those with strong parental leadership and support are gunna make it in big numbers.
I take nothing away from a kid who worked hard with a plan, stayed at it and made it. it is an individual achievement... but I know this happens a gazillion more times often where the kid had strong supportive parents.

This user has no status.
I would argue that there are huge advantages, but there are some discriminatory things they have to overcome... which nearly all do.

The advantage is strong parenting... BOTH parents supportive, sacrificing, providing vision, and doing every damn thing possible to make the kid successful.

Asian kids with such parents will be extremely focused, know their objectives for study and success, and will have worked themself into a position to be way more qualified than those around them to do it.

So maybe harvard and MIT and such ivy league outfits deny opportunity to many much more qualified Asian descended kids... OK, these kids go to UC Davis, Sac State, and other professional engineering programs and still succeed at a very high rate.

Time after time, in USA we have Asian (also African (hello @NextLevel ) people) who come to USA withith much financial assets, but prepare themselves to be trained to get marketable skills, whether that be professional uni trained skills, or useable trade skills (diesel mechanic making $70 and hour or AC Tech making that) or entrepreneurial skills...

We have these kind come to USA, work as individual and support each other in their family and group... then BAM!!! Within one generation such are nowhere near poverty and are suddenly in top ten percent of income earners.

... and all the time, many other Americans who have exactly the same chance do not achieve. There are many obvious reasons and many of them go right back to family and culture. If you do not have a father, and/or do not have strong parental leadership (they parents do not need to be uni grads, just be strong with vision, discipline and sacrifice for kid)... if kid does not have this, then there are natural disadvantages.

Of course these disadvantages also can be overcome, but it isn't easy and not many make it. Der_Echte is one who came from such a disadvantaged background, and I am now a top ten percent income earner (after 30+ yrs suffering while I worked hard, saved, and increased/changed my skillset) and I did not do it through the uni program route.
Nah a lot of discrimination and disadvantages are unique to Asians, you have no idea at all because you don't have the lived experiences. Even the stuff you talk about is what we worked very hard on off blood, sweat and tears (including all the sacrifices to keep the family together unlike many men of other races). It is not an "advantage" which we didn't have to work for (for e.g. getting unfairly promoted based on skin colour, or getting unfairly admitted to a top university again based on skin colour, or getting the benefit of the doubt by courts of law, or not demonised and shit upon in media and news and society all the time, or not being hate crimed all the time, etc... these are actual "real" advantages you didn't have to put in any ounce of work for)

Saying that these are "advantages" for Asian people sounds almost like an insult.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
blahness, you will never hear me ever speak favorably of "Affirmative Action" programs. Such a program seeks to make an equal outcome through racism and discrimination... which is tried and true marxist play to divide people and achieve/maintain power.

You will never hear me speak favorably of quota or race based uni admissions. Those created and run by marxist and are the same "equal outcome" based programs that discriminate vs those with merit. Those programs end up ruining those they trying to "help" by setting up in the wrong and difficult unis where they cannot keep up and dropout with a high debt and no sheepskin.

You will never hear me speak favorably of "Restorative Justice" which is another marxist play to make a symbol equality or equal outcome. Such a system will prosecute only a fraction of criminals who committed crime to reduce the percentages of a group in prison... even if said group (15-18 yr old males of a certain group) literally commits 1/2 of all violent crime (fatherless and non-accountability throughout life) (fostered by welfare state)

It is a crying shame that the wave of violent assault vs old Asian descended people in USA has intensified and more than doubled... and when you look at the assailant in each case, way more than 1/2 of these or done by the same group the major media does not want to discuss and demand they be held accountable... another marxist play.

It is a shame that the major media in criminal cases will not truly discuss and bring to light many of the crimes of this group... like they think it is racist to report the actual news. In the cases of Asian descended people in USA getting violently assaulted, I went to great lengths over the last two years to continually post on social media a pic of the assailant where the major media was reluctant or afraid to show. Very often, when the media does not show a pic of the assailant, it is from this same group that commits 1/2 of the violent crime in USA. (and ironically is the perpetrator of the majority of murders of their own group).

You can be bitter about it or you can do what you need to do for you and your family to succeed. those who follow the formula of Skills, Hard Work, Savings make it. I didn't have it easy and I had a way worse start than you guaranfreggin-teed... and i had to work longer and harder. The Army has had these very same marxist principles going on too for decades and i also had to deal with that same stuff you describe - race/gender based promotion, reluctance to press charges, because if a commander has too much military discipline vs a group, he is now racist, even if that group proved to do 1/2 of the crime in the unit... power cliques of this group in many units.

Be your own man and do what you need to succeed for you and your future family. Complaining about it is not productive, not hiring or electing marxists who make this environment is a good start.

Reactions: Lazer
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Lets go back to those who stay with it and overcome... which nearly all who have strong parents and support seem to do.

Try to get health insurance in USA and lookup the list of authorized doctors for whatever HMO or authorized primary care providers... literally 2/3-3/4 of them of Asian (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Pilipino, Indian) these are not minimum wage jobs, these are big 6 figure instantly top ten percent income earners... and their income is NOT gunna shrink with time... this is proof of who worked hard, overcame whatever in their way and made it.

I would opine that zero of these were given their position as an Equal Employment appointee, race-based quota, or Affirmative Action hire. Zero. they all worked for it and look in USA is not working for it in this field. Enough said there.

Nobody gunna be able to make them stop working in their field for Social Equality reasons... NOBODY gunna want to go to a doctor who was an Affirmative Action hire who does not do a good job in their medical profession... their insurance costs alone would drive them out.

Der_Echte would never ask a heart surgeon about to perform surgery on me if the doctor did all his sensitivity training... or is in step with such and such political agenda... a sane person would be solely concerned if the doctor can safely and correctly do the work, period.

I work in a workplace with a gazillion engineers. Asian descended people account for 7% of general population in USA and we have triple/quadruple that plus in my work place overall. 50% in my small section are Asian descended and I will slap the piss outta anyone who would suggest they did not get there by merit.