Advice for changing my forehand rubber

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Ah Tenergy 05, the original IT Girl. Still as hawt as ever...
IMG_7309.jpeg

Reactions: EritoG69
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I will give the T05 a go
The ejection angle of the T05 will indeed be higher, but the speed will not be lower, as you originally requested. There may be problems in the short game and in receiving serves. In this regard, T05 hard will be better if you have playing technique.
All the same, G1, in my opinion, will be more suitable for you requests, because it has more control and is slower, moreover, it is very durable.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
The ejection angle of the T05 will indeed be higher, but the speed will not be lower, as you originally requested. There may be problems in the short game and in receiving serves. In this regard, T05 hard will be better if you have playing technique.
All the same, G1, in my opinion, will be more suitable for you requests, because it has more control and is slower, moreover, it is very durable.
T05 Hard will probably a bit too much too handle for me but I also saw that you are playing the G1 thus having a good understanding of the rubber I still havent bought T05 maybe going for the G1 will be safer and better for my development

Reactions: Choosikick
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Even though the catapult of the t05 makes it initially faster, the g1 has a higher to speed. It's like comparing a rally car to a gt3 car. Yes the rally car will get much faster to 200, but the gt3 will blow past it because it has a much higher top speed.

Also the g1 bites like crazy, it's more responsive to spin than t05. On the table t05 is better and easier to play due to its initial catapult that accelerates the ball with little effort. G1 has more potential from a step back but with countering and blocking other issues start to surface.

That's why I personally still play t05 instead of g1, I found it has a bunch of weaknesses.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Even though the catapult of the t05 makes it initially faster, the g1 has a higher to speed. It's like comparing a rally car to a gt3 car. Yes the rally car will get much faster to 200, but the gt3 will blow past it because it has a much higher top speed.

Also the g1 bites like crazy, it's more responsive to spin than t05. On the table t05 is better and easier to play due to its initial catapult that accelerates the ball with little effort. G1 has more potential from a step back but with countering and blocking other issues start to surface.

That's why I personally still play t05 instead of g1, I found it has a bunch of weaknesses.
I don

So I'm struggling to pick between those 2. At first I wanted to get T05 after some thinking and other advice I wanted to get th G1 because I thought it is easier to play with and without the catapult effect would be better for close to the table play. Of course I have played neither so I wouldn't know and other than trusting you guys and looking at some reviews I have no First Hand experience. I would call me an Intermediate Player which one will be better suited for a developing Player like myself. Big Problems I had with the Dynaryz AGR was out of position shots probably because I wasn't engaging the hard Rubber and I didn't feel comfortable looping and had some issues in the close to the table game.
I would 6.5/10 It's not Bad but definitly not the best. So will the T05 or the G1 give me more safety in my game while maintaining good quality and speed.
Sry that I'm dragging this topic on for so long but I want to invest my money as good as possible

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I don

So I'm struggling to pick between those 2. At first I wanted to get T05 after some thinking and other advice I wanted to get th G1 because I thought it is easier to play with and without the catapult effect would be better for close to the table play. Of course I have played neither so I wouldn't know and other than trusting you guys and looking at some reviews I have no First Hand experience. I would call me an Intermediate Player which one will be better suited for a developing Player like myself. Big Problems I had with the Dynaryz AGR was out of position shots probably because I wasn't engaging the hard Rubber and I didn't feel comfortable looping and had some issues in the close to the table game.
I would 6.5/10 It's not Bad but definitly not the best. So will the T05 or the G1 give me more safety in my game while maintaining good quality and speed.
Sry that I'm dragging this topic on for so long but I want to invest my money as good as possible
In my experience, G1 is a far far easier rubber to play with than T05, which in my opinion is one of the harder rubbers to control on the market. In the short game T05 is a big challenge due to the catapult and spin sensitivity. In the longer offensive game it can be wonderful but also tough to control if you are tight in a match for example. I would say G1 is a much more linear and easier to control rubber. The other option to consider is Rozena, which is a more manageable and controllable rubber with a similar “lighter” feel to T05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
In my experience, G1 is a far far easier rubber to play with than T05, which in my opinion is one of the harder rubbers to control on the market. In the short game T05 is a big challenge due to the catapult and spin sensitivity. In the longer offensive game it can be wonderful but also tough to control if you are tight in a match for example. I would say G1 is a much more linear and easier to control rubber. The other option to consider is Rozena, which is a more manageable and controllable rubber with a similar “lighter” feel to T05.
Comparing the Rozena with G1 what are differences or are the pretty similar when it comes to pros and cons?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Comparing the Rozena with G1 what are differences or are the pretty similar when it comes to pros and cons?
Rozena is more similar to T05 than G1 - just a touch less of everything. G1 to me is harder and less dynamic than T05 or Rozena. Of the two I would suggest Rozena based on what you have said.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Rozena is more similar to T05 than G1 - just a touch less of everything. G1 to me is harder and less dynamic than T05 or Rozena. Of the two I would suggest Rozena based on what you have said.
You have convinced me I have bought it now 2,1 mm hopefully I will like it.

Thank you guys for all your advice and recommendation <3

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I don

The t05 is relatively fast and I have played it for 4 years. It has a softer top sheet, and mainly incredibly high tension on the topsheet that helps with out of position shots by literally playing by itself. The g1 cannot do that, you always have to give it energy in order for it to produce some.

The t05 has more spin, a higher throw angle, more catapult and better blocking/countering, by better I mean both more powerful and easier to execute.

Another point that I see being made is the myth of the tenergy being harder to control around the net because of its spin sensitivity. That's a lie, the g1 is far more spin sensitive and its only saving grace is the lack of catapult. The t05 doesn't bite like the g1 and that's why blocking and countering is easier, plus the extra acceleration of the rubber itself is what makes it dangerous.

The reason why the t05 is harder to play around the net is because of its insane tension and softness of the topsheet. Again, it's not that responsive and it's a matter of getting used to it. The tenergy series is of higher quality and makes for a more easy rubber to play with when it breaks in.

Forgot to mention that the stability of the tenergy is uncontested to this day. There doesn't exist a rubber that is more stable and predictable in the hands of the user without having some serious drawbacks.

Going back to the topsheet, the t05 has a soft topsheet that combined with the tension requires minimal effort to produce shots with high speed and spin, it doesn't have the same bite as the g1 and it counters that by the topsheet being slightly softer and easier to spin. Support is better, deformation is better, spin and skill ceiling is higher too.

People used the t05 and still use it because it was the most effective. Pros from different companies still used the t05 because it was the best of the best. The only reason not to buy the 05 is if you find the g1 for half the price. And at that point, the mxp and bluefire m1t destroy the g1. And the nittaku Hammond z2 is miles better nowadays as well, it's better suited to the modern game.

And last thing because this is becoming an essay. The main attribute of the tenergy is that it can produce a higher quality and more dangerous shot with less effort that any other rubber on the market. The rubber plays by itself.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Rozena is a less spinny and slower t05. Same pimple structure and similar sponge, but it dies off quick. Mine barely lasted 10 months...