Advice for changing my forehand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
I have been playing the Dynaryz AGR Max thickness on my forehand and I have decided to try a new rubber because I am not comfortable hitting top spins especially on dead balls, really liked it though when playing top spin against backspin. Are there any rubbers that are a tiny bit slower with more control and a higher throwing angle compared to the Dynaryz AGR if you have recommendations I would appreciate it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 SuperSelect. It is also slightly softer than the AGR. But if you want to stick with Joola, check out the ACC.
Thank you for replying I'll definitely check it out and it doesn't matter which brand it is as long as you think that it is good I didn't even pick my Forehand and Backhand rubber because i got them gifted so I'm not suprised that the AGR is bit too much to handle for me

Reactions: ander999
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
I have used Joola ACC
low throwing angle
and I have sold it and don't want to use it
only good for BH
I have also thought about getting rakza 7 on my forehand because as I know of it's slower than the AGR, is a bit softer and offers more control if anyone had used it could you tell me what your experience with the rakza 7 was

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Maybe Joola Dynaryz ZGR or Inferno. These are tacky hybrids and should give you a higher ark.
I do play the Dynaryz Inferno on my backhand and like it a lot so that could be an option aswell. Never tried the zgr before compared to the inferno are there any big differences or are the pretty similar

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Why not go with the classic? Still the most popular rubber in the world. Tenergy 05.

Modern rubbers are faster than the t05 of course, but it's very durable and spin is out of this world. Funny thing is that the sensitivity isn't bad, on the table it needs some control, but it's about getting used to it. Modern rubbers tend to be harder to use in general, t05 keeps a high level of quality and relative ease of use.

You also get a sense of stability from the 05, you know that every shot you do will go the same, with the only changes being the variations you put on the ball. It's consistent and very high performing. I can't recommend it enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: EritoG69
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Why not go with the classic? Still the most popular rubber in the world. Tenergy 05.

Modern rubbers are faster than the t05 of course, but it's very durable and spin is out of this world. Funny thing is that the sensitivity isn't bad, on the table it needs some control, but it's about getting used to it. Modern rubbers tend to be harder to use in general, t05 keeps a high level of quality and relative ease of use.

You also get a sense of stability from the 05, you know that every shot you do will go the same, with the only changes being the variations you put on the ball. It's consistent and very high performing. I can't recommend it enough.
I never considered it because I didn't know if I will be able to use it properly it's softer than the AGR comparing speed, is it faster ? I know that the Tenergy 05 is fast

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I never considered it because I didn't know if I will be able to use it properly it's softer than the AGR comparing speed, is it faster ? I know that the Tenergy 05 is fast
It's not that fast by modern standards. All dynaryz rubbers are a bit faster and less spinny. It has an estimated hardness of 47.5 esn scale and has a high throw angle. The t05 hard is around 51-52 esn and the fx about 42 esn. I think t05 is better.

Reactions: EritoG69
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
I wanted to buy the fastarc g-1 before I got my rubbers gifted
So I'm interested in the fastarc g-1, tenergy and rakza 7(nobody mentioned rakza 7 but I do think it's a safe option with good control) so comparing these 3 which is most suitable for offensive play with variations because I do try to change up my shots like putting side spin on my top spins so I don't get too predictable. I appreciate everyone for replying. That's my last question about this topic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

Only problem is the Flat hits and blocks ( one has to be v precise), but fully agree with the rest of the f/b, its very good for spin and attacks, gives the confidence to win points with spin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
So I'm interested in the fastarc g-1, tenergy and rakza 7(nobody mentioned rakza 7 but I do think it's a safe option with good control) so comparing these 3 which is most suitable for offensive play with variations because I do try to change up my shots like putting side spin on my top spins so I don't get too predictable. I appreciate everyone for replying. That's my last question about this topic.
Nittaku Z2 is also an upgrade to G1, worth exploring it

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hi Zwill, what can you say about the durability of Stiga Mantra Pro?
I think it's rather good. I have some marks on my red sheet from my finger and some oxidation just like how H3 oxidizes over time, but the grip is the same so I'm not bothered. It's not like the new ESN rubbers where once the top coat wears off it's unusable. In fact my teammate who uses T05 told me that compared to T05 it has much better grip.
The sponge is awesome, the only performance loss I experience is because it's colder now. So it's a bit slower but it didn't become harder or rigid like many other rubbers.

I think it can last 6 months with weekly 10-15 hours of play. For me that is great.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Only problem is the Flat hits and blocks ( one has to be v precise), but fully agree with the rest of the f/b, its very good for spin and attacks, gives the confidence to win points with spin
Blocking is easy, as long as you work to absorb the spin. Countering is way better though, extremely easy and efficient.

I never struggled with blocking when I had the 05, it was the receive that I had problem with, that was the main reason I had and still have an unresponsive rubber on the bh, I still receive mainly with bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Blocking is easy, as long as you work to absorb the spin. Countering is way better though, extremely easy and efficient.

I never struggled with blocking when I had the 05, it was the receive that I had problem with, that was the main reason I had and still have an unresponsive rubber on the bh, I still receive mainly with bh.
I will give the T05 a go

Reactions: amitmnagarwal