Advice needed: From handshake to penhold.

This user has no status.
Advice needed: From shakehand to penhold.

Hi!
I recently (6 months ago) changed from shakehand to penhold. Im struggling with the total weight of my setup.

My question:
Change blade or change rubber-setup?

The DHS Skyline 2 neo is my rubber of choice, it handles well on both forehand and backhand. The Hurricane 3 neo is slower (on this blade anyway) and does not work as well for me. I guess the Skyline 2 neo's speed and throw suits me better.. more direct. (Makes sense?) Both have exelent spin. Super-tacky..

So, keep the Hybrid wood and run a Skyline 2 on backhand and a really light, european style rubber on the forehand? (Rubber-suggestions?)
Or go with maby a Offensive NCT (or a blade of similar weight and price), take the opertunity to change the grip to a penhold?

I get my *ss handed to me every time we practice by my good friend who uses a wonderful old, light, stiga-stickan-blade with MarkV-rubbers. (I whoop he's when using the same bat so, no... it's not me... :rolleyes: .. )
It's super-fast... I feel like a dinosaur trying to keep up with a racecar using my setup.. :( The weight difference feels like it is in kg's... not gram's.. ;)

Your advice would be much appreciated!

Best!

/Liten

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I got a friend in Norway who had an injury to his wrist and when it was half-healed, he started playing C-Pen with RPB opening heavy loop. He said it was a LOT less stressful on his wrist. he started training at the table and with time, it became a reliable weapon. PM me if you want his email to ask him how he did and what he went through.

This user has no status.
Another question: whats allowed in terms of modifying a blade? Can I alter the grip on my blade from anatomic to cpen? (Shortening the hanle)

Anyone tried Sugru to better the contactspots on the handle/edges for your hand?
Any rules one might break in doing so?
Ive seen players who tape their handles.

Edit: SUGRU

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 3 reviews
I would say it would be pretty light, about 70 grams uncut, but I wouldn't really know since my other gear makes it hard to tell. I would like to say to you that it isn't sticky and tacky like Chinese rubbers, in fact, maybe even opposites. It isn't like your setup and I have never used your rubbers that much and could only tell you my experience from my Stiga Infinity. It might be good for Stiga Hybrid though. Here is an review:http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61874&title=andro-rasant-turbo. If you don't like it, original Rasant might be ok for you.