Ahhh timo boll knocked out???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I think he read the competition thread and all the votes for him put too much pressure on him :)

Or he wasn't really familiar with Jung Young Sik because after all Jung is a youngster, and this often gives trouble to many players in their first encounter against young talented players. Like Ma long losing to Koki Niwa, Oh Sang Eun losing to young Zhang Jike and Liu Guoyan years ago, Boll losing to 16-yr old Ma Long, Ma Lin almost losing to Kenta Matsudaira in 2009 WTTC and so on. It just takes some time to get to know the opponent, while they know everything about you already.

Reactions: judah000 and GeMaCa
This user has no status.
I can't believe he lost to Jung Young Sik in his current form, no way..... I must see the video... I'm guessing that Jung adopted the following tactics:

1) Push long to Timo's BH, then hard counterloop his BH opening loops
2) Outblock Timo like Oh Sang Eun, controlling and using his topspin against him

Let's see whether I'm correct

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I think he read the competition thread and all the votes for him put too much pressure on him :)

Or he wasn't really familiar with Jung Young Sik because after all Jung is a youngster, and this often gives trouble to many players in their first encounter against young talented players. Like Ma long losing to Koki Niwa, Oh Sang Eun losing to young Zhang Jike and Liu Guoyan years ago, Boll losing to 16-yr old Ma Long, Ma Lin almost losing to Kenta Matsudaira in 2009 WTTC and so on. It just takes some time to get to know the opponent, while they know everything about you already.

This can't be true- they've played before, two years ago, and boll beat Jung 4-1
i think jung must have played incredibly, like lee sang su against ma long- i want a video of this though please!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011

This can't be true- they've played before, two years ago, and boll beat Jung 4-1
i think jung must have played incredibly, like lee sang su against ma long- i want a video of this though please!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Wow, Jeong Young Sik is from the city I live in, Uijeongbu. I see his father all the time at local tourneys and I shall have to ask him whay happened. his father learns so many serves from his son it is silly. Jeoung Young Sik has always had the knock on him that he is not powerful enough, so his position in Korea national team slipped to where he was not getting selected so much, also his world ranking slipped from WR 60ish to under WR 100. this win and hopefully more wins should help him advance on the WR chart.

Maybe some leading competitor for the title put something in Timo's water. maybe someone had a long date with Timo and took away his strength. You cannot under-estimate japan women strength. haha. Who knows, maybe JYS had "it" that match. he always shows flashes of good form, then has bad results. This should help his momentum for sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
Smart assessment: ".... It just takes some time to get to know the opponent, while they know everything about you already."
That is, between the well-known versus the little known young upstarts, plus the latter being able to play "with nothing to lose."