all roads lead to Rome...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
There are dedicated sports for the older folks: Pickleball & Pétanque, which I might just take up once I reach those age.

View attachment 25804View attachment 25803

Looking at the picture above (for Petanque), I don't think it is suitable for old folks. I think it is bad for your back. I cannot bend over like that, and even if I do, I can't standup straight immediately. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
Listen up folks,

I know you love EJing. I get it. But let's get real, whatever you do, whatever you try, if you stay in TT long enough you'll eventually get old and slow and put pips on your blade. It is inevitable. Resistance is futile...

So just get LP OX and save you all the grief.

I hope that when I'm old I'm gonna be able to play like this 'old' man ('old' is a very relative term).
I recall he beat somewhat strong opponent with a phone.
Can't find this video and don't really know Chinese to properly search, unfortunately (I'm learning though!)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Now I play with two sheets of Tenergies! Yay! I am so pro... all my strokes will be perfect. EJ syndrome cured. Graduation gift for myself.
noddy_badge.jpg

This user has no status.

I hope that when I'm old I'm gonna be able to play like this 'old' man ('old' is a very relative term).
I recall he beat somewhat strong opponent with a phone.
Can't find this video and don't really know Chinese to properly search, unfortunately (I'm learning though!)
Guy is an ex Chinese national team member though...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Guy is an ex Chinese national team member though...
that is true

When you reach a high level, age is no longer an issue. rating/level becomes the decider.

This is where you put a 8 year old, 18 year old, 28 year old and 80 year old in a round robin, and you can't really say which of these 4 players will be the winner

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Yay! congrats!

Yes EJ'ing is costing me a lot of money. Oh well....
But probably not as much as hookers and blow or golf or a yatch. Unless you are some Butterfly fanboy and will not try any other brand, it's still considered a relatively inexpensive hobby I think.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
5 days gone now.
count down to replacement and "better" rubber started
You are paychic! My beloved mail ordered is expected to arrive from Vietnam on 27.07.23. Count down to more smashing good times.

BTW Tony my man, I'll be playing in what is the biggest amateur only TT event next Sat. 300 plus participants, 32 tables in a large school hall.

It is completely no holds barred, no ratings mumbo-jumbo and expect lots of long pips, short pips, antis and anything in between. It'll be for LOL / giggles and heartache coz losing to elderly housewife with long pips certainly will bring some heartache.

Hope to post some vids for LOL if I get the chance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
You are paychic! My beloved mail ordered is expected to arrive from Vietnam on 27.07.23. Count down to more smashing good times.

BTW Tony my man, I'll be playing in what is the biggest amateur only TT event next Sat. 300 plus participants, 32 tables in a large school hall.

It is completely no holds barred, no ratings mumbo-jumbo and expect lots of long pips, short pips, antis and anything in between. It'll be for LOL / giggles and heartache coz losing to elderly housewife with long pips certainly will bring some heartache.

Hope to post some vids for LOL if I get the chance.
so are you going into a tournament with new, unfamiliar rubbers?

against elderly housewifes who can 3d print those pips from sleep walking/drawing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
But probably not as much as hookers and blow or golf or a yatch. Unless you are some Butterfly fanboy and will not try any other brand, it's still considered a relatively inexpensive hobby I think.
True. Golf and yatch are a lot more expensive! Plus I cannot imagine playing 18 holes. Really? How much time does that take? Not for me.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
True. Golf and yatch are a lot more expensive! Plus I cannot imagine playing 18 holes. Really? How much time does that take? Not for me.
My old man used to say, "
Son, you don't go to the green to play and enjoy. You tee off at the greens to network "

That was the eighties, not sure if it is applicable these days.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
My old man used to say, "
Son, you don't go to the green to play and enjoy. You tee off at the greens to network "

That was the eighties, not sure if it is applicable these days.
I think in North America, golf is in decline. It is a real problem. Younger generation is just not interested.

This user has no status.
I think in North America, golf is in decline. It is a real problem. Younger generation is just not interested.
I'm part of the younger gen and none around me play golf lol, it's a sport for old dudes. That said, TT is also becoming a sport for old dudes :(

Most young ppl are into stuff like badminton, tennis, football, surfing, gym, etc...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I'm part of the younger gen and none around me play golf lol, it's a sport for old dudes. That said, TT is also becoming a sport for old dudes :(

Most young ppl are into stuff like badminton, tennis, football, surfing, gym, etc...
I am trying to get my daughter (11 yo) and my son (9 yo) to play. I mean we have fun with multiball training and some hitting. But when I try to get their friends to play, it is just very difficult. Table tennis just has a big learning curve in the beginning. Not many of their friends have the hand-eye coordination to start ping pong now. And without their friends playing, I don't see how long I can keep my kids interested in the sport.

• Sad
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am trying to get my daughter (11 yo) and my son (9 yo) to play. I mean we have fun with multiball training and some hitting. But when I try to get their friends to play, it is just very difficult. Table tennis just has a big learning curve in the beginning. Not many of their friends have the hand-eye coordination to start ping pong now. And without their friends playing, I don't see how long I can keep my kids interested in the sport.
i've been trying to suggest to many countries that they should put TT into elementary school
low cost to start, and good for children brain development.

Asia has it embedded into the school system, and it is a good school sport, sport.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
i've been trying to suggest to many countries that they should put TT into elementary school
low cost to start, and good for children brain development.

Asia has it embedded into the school system, and it is a good school sport, sport.
Yes agree. It is not like table tennis needs a huge court; we are not talking about ITTF events here. At the elementary school level, the tables are be closely together. And which kid does not like ping pong? They may not be good at it in the beginning but they should have fun. And the earlier they start, the better their hand-eye coordination will be. It will be good for them.

Also, liability is basically zero. If the school has volleyball, american football, basketball, etc. program, those carry a lot of liability for the school. Kids can get injured. They can get concussion. But with table tennis? There is minimal liability. And the children can play ping pong throughout their life span!

Reactions: blahness