Alternative to the stiga clipper wood and intensity.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
To give you some background.

I used to play with the viscaria, but due to the lockdown a few years back I lost all touch with it and decided to switch over to the clipper wood.

For rubbers I use the tenergy 05 on fh and bluestorm z3 on bh.
Will soon switch to goldarc 8 on fh and rakza 7 soft or keep the z3 on bh.
I don't care for rubbers much, since I adapt quickly to them.

I loved the clipper wood, mine is 85 grams, it fit my style perfectly. But it had a completely dead feeling, I couldn't feel the ball and even though I played very good with it, I left it because of how dead it felt. It had great blocking and allowed me to smash the ball with the backhand and counter with the forehand.

To give you an example, I played with the z3 on the clipper and it felt dead from the monet I glued it on, same with the 05. Once I put them on the intensity, they came to life. On the viscaria they felt very similar, just faster and had a bit lower throw.

A friend of mine sold me his intensity nct and I love how it feels, when you play a topspin you can feel the ball dig in to the rubber more than the viscaria and a lot more than the clipper. But even though it feels great and is a bit slower, I lost from control because of the high throw that it has, or high reactiveness. So even though it's slower, it feels faster and less controllable.

Does anyone know of a blade that performs like the clipper, meaning have a medium throw, with decent speed and outstanding control, but has the exceptional feel of the intensity? I also want it to have good vibration so that it enhances feeling.

My coach and teammate recommend me the stiga rosewood nct v. They say it's 5-ply so it'll feel decent, like the intensity, but because it has a stiff outer ply, the rosewood, it keeps a lower throw and good speed.

I'd prefer if the blade was from a reputable company like butterfly or stiga.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hello, the answer comes a little late. I think that the Tibhar Force Pro Blue of about 86-87g is a blade similar to the Clipper, but has a sweeter touch. It is more compact than the Intensity, it is not faster than the Clipper, but it is fast. It works well with Rasanter of 42-43 and 47. Also with Gewo Nexxus of those hardnesses. It is a blade that costs about €50. On the other hand there is a blade, the Timo Boll CAF blade, it has a touch similar to Viscaria, but slower, it is made of external fiber, but it retains the ball a little more. I hope I've helped. A hug.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hello, the answer comes a little late. I think that the Tibhar Force Pro Blue of about 86-87g is a blade similar to the Clipper, but has a sweeter touch. It is more compact than the Intensity, it is not faster than the Clipper, but it is fast. It works well with Rasanter of 42-43 and 47. Also with Gewo Nexxus of those hardnesses. It is a blade that costs about €50. On the other hand there is a blade, the Timo Boll CAF blade, it has a touch similar to Viscaria, but slower, it is made of external fiber, but it retains the ball a little more. I hope I've helped. A hug.
This is a year ago. I kept the intensity for a bit longer, tried a few blades, new clipper, stiga azalea off, ended up getting a new viscaria cause my old was beat up, and now I'm playing 05 and 05 fx.

Sold a couple of old stuff I didn't want and I also fixed my old viscaria to a somewhat ok state and I'm sticking with that for now.

I have my eye on the hurricane sun and long v. Though I don't know if they differ to each other and how they compare to viscaria. Maybe I'll sell something and try one of them out. The question is which one...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
i think you can consider Stiga Rosewood V, find out if u have friends who use it so u can try it for urself before making the purchase. Intensity uses walnut which is considered a hardwood so it is always good to try the blade before you assume the characteristics

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
i think you can consider Stiga Rosewood V, find out if u have friends who use it so u can try it for urself before making the purchase. Intensity uses walnut which is considered a hardwood so it is always good to try the blade before you assume the characteristics
My coach has it, he gave it to me to try it but I didn't find many differences other than it being much heavier. 80 for the intensity, 95 for the rosewood.

Being heavier made forehand a bit more heavy feeling, deeper if it makes sense, but it didn't change it. Bh was pretty much the same, being heavier it had more impact but needed more power to get the racket moving.

Playwise, same exact behaviour. Both are looper's blades for all distance. Speed wasn't different either. Maybe the rose was a hit faster, but it was probably the weight.