Any suggestion for a >$50 budget blade ?

So, if someone is used to a really slow racket with rubber that feels kind of like bad antispin, and then they get something fast with good, grippy rubber, the ball flies all over the place because they started out using something that was not good.

If someone is a beginner and they have good coaching available, the situation is a little different. The coach can correct the mistakes that someone learning would make.

Without that, what happens to lower level players using equipment that is fast and has carbon which dampens certain vibrations, is their technique forms around hitting flatter and using compromised strokes to put the ball on the table with the fast equipment. So, without a coach, or good players to show you your mistakes, the faster equipment can make you stay worse for longer.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Thanks for the explanation Carl. It makes sense.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Difficult to find better value for money than the new DHS blades, the H301 especially, which is an incredible blade. But people say the fang bo is also great

Reactions: dragonflame
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
It's as durable as all the blades are. I didn't put much effort to hit it into the table, so it is in one peace as it was the day I purchased :) . I have it for some year and a half I suppose.. I changed my rubbers maybe 4 (or 5 times on my backhand) during that period, no problems there, the outer layers didn't lift or splinter (I have never used any varnish for that). The edges where the handle meets the blade were a little bit too sharp, but that's not a 150USD blade, so some sand paper solves the problem :)
Thanks for the info, Simas. Now, I have decent choice of blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Get something all wood since you're kinda starting out.

Donic Appelgren Allplay
Donic Appelgren Allplay Senso V1

Stiga Allround Classic
Stiga Offensive Classic
Stiga Allround NCT

Yasaka Extra
Yasaka Extra 3D

They are all around 30 to 60 bucks.
What about stiga clipper CR non WRB?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Wait, you mean just the blade under 50? Or the whole kaboodle?? Only I see ppl recommending rubbers also..

If just blade, then DHS301. There doesn't exist such a blade at such a price point.

If a whole racket... Maybe Palio King Yue ($20 on ali?), Battle2 FH and AK47 Blue for BH. That's about $50 for a super spinny racket that's very light and quite speedy backhand. Great for everything except perhaps fast no spin serves.. I used that setup before I fell for the DHS301.

You can tell I'm not that rich either so bang for dollar is very important to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Wait, you mean just the blade under 50? Or the whole kaboodle?? Only I see ppl recommending rubbers also..

If just blade, then DHS301. There doesn't exist such a blade at such a price point.

If a whole racket... Maybe Palio King Yue ($20 on ali?), Battle2 FH and AK47 Blue for BH. That's about $50 for a super spinny racket that's very light and quite speedy backhand. Great for everything except perhaps fast no spin serves.. I used that setup before I fell for the DHS301.

You can tell I'm not that rich either so bang for dollar is very important to me.
I think I might need a blade that is durable for around 1 year or 2 years so I can save a bit to buy rubber and change it after certain times.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeah, that's exactly where I'm playing. You're in Taiwan too ?

No i'm not, but I have a good network of friends in Taiwan
All the way from national team (coaches and players) to clubs/school teams

That website was made by one of my friends too, they have a good system, you can check on it for ranking tournaments (ranking is privately run and not relating to the national body or any official body)
In fact the ranking system is so well that they were invited to ITTF to present how it works. In a nutshell it is similar to rating central system

If you want, there is some time TT shops in Taichung
personally I don't really buy in Taiwan - since I import direct
However there is a nice store in Taipei
and as you know, shipping from anywhere to anywhere in taiwan is maybe only 1USD in costs
The Taipei store website is www.tabletennis.com.tw

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Difficult to find better value for money than the new DHS blades, the H301 especially, which is an incredible blade. But people say the fang bo is also great

The setup I recommended quite early in the thread:

Blade: Yinhe Galaxy 896
Rubbers: Dawei 2008XP

That setup, with the rubbers glued on by the distributor, would cost about $32.00 USD and it is actually pretty good. I could use it without a significant drop in level.

Swap the super inexpensive (yet pretty decent) rubbers for something double the price like Air Illumina Delta and the price would be approximately $48.00 USD. And that would be better than many things that are over $100.00 USD total.

There are many many very decent quality TT products that are quite good even if they are not expensive.

says Hello Mr. Jordan Thanks for reaching out. My email is...
Jan 2018
The setup I recommended quite early in the thread:

Blade: Yinhe Galaxy 896
Rubbers: Dawei 2008XP

That setup, with the rubbers glued on by the distributor, would cost about $32.00 USD and it is actually pretty good. I could use it without a significant drop in level.

Swap the super inexpensive (yet pretty decent) rubbers for something double the price like Air Illumina Delta and the price would be approximately $48.00 USD. And that would be better than many things that are over $100.00 USD total.

There are many many very decent quality TT products that are quite good even if they are not expensive.

Can you suggest where to buy this set uP?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
If you are in the US as your flag suggests .. you could get that or similar ones from colestt ... you can email him as well with your playing level etc and he can make you a setup with decent rubbers ... my office colleague wanted to get one and I sent him there ... he got something for < 50 $ USD, I have seen it , its pretty sweet for the price ...
Can you suggest where to buy this set uP?

You can get that setup from Cole over at colestt.com.
He has some other good options on the site, but the one Carl recommends is a good learner/advanced learner setup. I would go as far as lower intermediate, but by that point someone is probably back on here looking for their next setup to fit the style they have become accustomed to playing ;)

Jan 2018
Jan 2018
actually unable to find this site 'colestt.com