Attacking Close table setup with Yinhe T-11+

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
what rubbers do use?chinese or euro/jap?

Chinese:dhs hurricane 3/skyline tg3

Euro:donic baracuda,andro rasant turbo/powersponge
Jap:yasaka rakza 7,tenergy05,stiga airoc.
These are just a few.
I prefer japanese on bh and chinese on fh. The rubbers u mentioned will prbly not fit in my budget...i could go with tg3( was actually thinking of it)...but on bh i m confused due to my money constarints..

This user has no status.
Hi.

I've been using the T-11+ for about a year now, and prefer rubbers that allow me to attack at all distances, especially close to the table. I've tested quite a few with this blade, and since it is quite a fast blade, would not recommend fast or bouncy rubbers.

I tried some of the chinese tacky rubbers, which normally came with sponges somewhere between medium and hard. These did not suit my style of play at all (previously Donic soft or very-soft sponge rubbers).

I am currently using the Kokataku Taiwan 007 non-tacky and find this to be the best so far. Others I have tried:
- Palio Hidden Dragon Biotech: probably the best alternative, but sponge a bit harder so feeling and control not as good
- Palio Hidden Dragon 40+: new rubber with medium-soft sponge, which feels great, but I found it harder to control close to the table as bouncier, and I was generally getting fewer balls on the table
- Focus 3 snipe: OK, but sponge harder so different feeling
- Darker V series: OK, but less feeling
- LKT Torrent: OK, but a bit slower
- Tuttle Beijing 4: OK, but a bit slower
- Hurricane 3 etc. - tacky and too hard sponge just did not suit me.
- Yinhe/Galaxy Sun: Good for mid to far-distance, but close to the table I found it difficult to keep the ball on the table even with blocking as it is quite bouncy.
- Yinhe/Galaxy Moon: nice alternative and a bit less bouncy than Sun, but had 1 out of 2 sheets bubbled before even gluing straight out of the packaging, so consistency issues
- Yinhe/Galaxy Mars v2: Ok, a bit slower
- Yinhe/Galaxy Apollo II: Ok, a bit slower
- Yinhe/Galaxy Venus: Ok, a bit slower
- Giant Dragon G3 Soft: nice alternative, but had 2 out of 4 that bubbled after a few weeks of play
- Giant Dragon G3 Silver: bit slower than G3 soft with good control, but the sponge crumbles easily

Prices for 007 non-tacky are about $15 and seem to last same time as other rubbers, so those are definitely my recommendation.

I put review for all those on http://www.tabletennisdb.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: rajd1234
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Blackbird,

I am surprised with your finding of Sun and Moon.
Sun to me was better close to the table and weaker from away, and Moon was stronger from away and slightly more bouncy (total oppersite to you)
The pips of Sun is the same as T25 with Moon's pip is like T05

You sure have test a huge range of rubbers :)

This user has no status.
Blackbird,

I am surprised with your finding of Sun and Moon.
Sun to me was better close to the table and weaker from away, and Moon was stronger from away and slightly more bouncy (total oppersite to you)
The pips of Sun is the same as T25 with Moon's pip is like T05

You sure have test a huge range of rubbers :)

Yes, I know, but those were my findings :) Mainly I found Sun quite difficult to block with and usually ending up with the ball off the end of the table due to bounciness.

All my rubber "reviews" available here:
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/table-tennis-rubber-reviews.php?user=blackbird74

Most are with T-11+, while some are with other setups I played with briefly.

(Which reminds me, the Dawei Inspirit Quattro I found one of the best for close to the table
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/dawei-inspirit-quattro.html
)

Last edited: