Bats of the German League Players - Gallery!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Very often Butterfly and hard sponges. But I think it is too much control. The chinese player have faster bats adn can play more dangerous TT.

This user has no status.
Well there HAS been rumors that there are boosting oils sold in china that is undetectable....and from what ive heard from friends that thing evaporates faster than alcohol lol....but really i dont see the need to boost a sponge as powerful as the spring sponge really. Theyre more suited for the harder less bouncy chinese sponges

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
It's interesting how many players don't use Tenergy - I would expect fewer! It seems that the standard alternatives to Tenergy among pros are Bluefire M1, Tibhar MX-P, and perhaps Joola (Quadri Aruna). I also recall that Kristian Karlsson uses Calibra LT.

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
Lars Hielscher - Forehand side

cache.php

That goo on the blade...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
It is very CLEAR that all these rubbers are boosted !!!!! You can see that the pimples are more pronounced and also the edges want to curl up !!
Players like Timo Boll saying they play unboosted are just liars. What a bunch of hypocrites ! And i have seen other pictures of Timo's "standard" Tenergy 05's where you can clearly see the boosting (just like all Chinese players play heavily boosted DHS rubbers).

I have to say that my 6 months old Genius Sound is unplayable without some lamp oil (parafine) boosting. I dont want to spend the money to buy at least two pairs of rubbers at 42 euros a piece if even all pro players play boosted.
ITTF regulations saying that boosting is illegal !! Hahahahaha !!! RUBBISH BULLSHIT !! Just like the shitty new balls that break every half hour of serious play ! RUBBISH !! Just to fill the pockets of the ITTF !!!

I thought 05s have pronouned pimple look anyhow and they don't look too curly on the edge either.
Not sure but would like to hear it from the guy with more experience in boosting.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What blade does Timo Boll use now because the above one looks more like ZLC then ALC ?

It looks like a TB ALC to me. The blue on the handle looks faded but it does not look like the yellow of a ZLC. But where you can really tell is that, if you enlarge the photo and look at the composite ply, there is blue in the composite ply. So it probably would not be a ZLC.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Maybe it is just a shadow but it looks as if Steffan Mengel's blade has been altered to make the handle a little thicker. It looks like the handles were removed and another piece of wood glued to the blade and then the handles were reattached.

On my computer monitor, Boll's blade is the normal ALC color.

Also, the one time I boosted T05 I didn't much like the effect (probably I over-boosted it), so never tried it again, the stuff is too expensive to experiment with. I don't think my unboosted T05 looked different on my blade than Boll's. It is not obvious to me that his is boosted. Now, the rubber on Hielscher's ancient blade, that one looks definitely to be chemically enhanced. Also the MD initials, indicating it was sealed by the Belgian guy.

Last edited: