Best Rubber for Stiga Rosewood NCT V

This user has no status.
Hi guys, may i ask for your opinions on what rubber should i use on my stiga rosewood nct v blade, for nom i'm using calibra tour m for my forehand and backhand, but i want to change my rubbers with faster rubber, both backhand and forehand. I play mid table and offensively.

Is Tenergy 80-fx and Tenergy 64 is a great pair for me? Thanks to those who will answer. Respect :)

This user has no status.
nice topic, Im playing Hardwood series for 2 years now and I tested about 30 or 40 different rubbers on them :D In general fast and spinny rubbers but not to much trampolin ESN rubbers because these rubbers are better for carbon blades imo. As harder the rubber as better the combination with our bouncy Rosewoods.

Of spin:speed ratio the best jap/euro rubbers are these one:

Xiom Vega Pro
Tibhar Evolution MX-P & FX-P (no EL-P pls)
Donic Baracuda
Butterfly Tenergy 05 & 64
Yasaka Rakza 7
Haifu Shark 2 & 3

I can guarantee 100% all of the listed rubbers work pretty good on the Rosewood V. If you are used to medium rubbers the Baracuda is probably the best choice. I would recommend something harder on the forehand so maybe the MX-P or Vega Pro?

This user has no status.
nice topic, Im playing Hardwood series for 2 years now and I tested about 30 or 40 different rubbers on them :D In general fast and spinny rubbers but not to much trampolin ESN rubbers because these rubbers are better for carbon blades imo. As harder the rubber as better the combination with our bouncy Rosewoods.

Of spin:speed ratio the best jap/euro rubbers are these one:

Xiom Vega Pro
Tibhar Evolution MX-P & FX-P (no EL-P pls)
Donic Baracuda
Butterfly Tenergy 05 & 64
Yasaka Rakza 7
Haifu Shark 2 & 3

I can guarantee 100% all of the listed rubbers work pretty good on the Rosewood V. If you are used to medium rubbers the Baracuda is probably the best choice. I would recommend something harder on the forehand so maybe the MX-P or Vega Pro?

Thank you for the information, as i check the rubbers that you listed up here, i'm interested on xiom Vega pro and tenergy 64, but what can you say with tenergy 80-fx for rosewood? Because one of the thread here says that "Combining the speed of TENERGY 64 and world-famous spin of TENERGY 05, TENERGY 80 offers the perfect choice to players looking for a powerful offensive play close to the table as well as from mid distance." So is tenergy 80-fx is a good replacement or better for t64?

Thank you so much! Much appreciated :)

This user has no status.
No buddy, the T80 could work but the T80fx is to soft for the Rw V and to bouncy! T64 and Vega Pro are actually the same rubbers, this is very interesting but I tested these 2 rubbers a lot and they play pretty similiar, the Vega Pro is just a very very hard T64 so it doesnt has the T64 catapult. But spin, throw, speed is pretty pretty close.

T05 is the hardest rubber to play on RwV because its very very high throw which is sometimes annoying. Perfect instant spin of course but you cant play to powerful, otherwise the most of the balls are going over the table...

Vega Pro is one of the best choices you can go with, especially on the forehand, the drives and loops are very powerful with Vega Pro. Backhand maybe something softer like Baracuda, which is high throw too but slower than T05. It depends on your style.

Powerful driving: MX-P, Vega Pro and T64
Powerful looping: Rakza 7, T05, Baracuda.

Haifu Sharks are hybrid between chinese and japanese rubbers, these play very good but only for real chinese technique! Just a forehand rubber in my opinion, but youre coming from the Callibra so Haifu could be too slow I think.

This user has no status.
No buddy, the T80 could work but the T80fx is to soft for the Rw V and to bouncy! T64 and Vega Pro are actually the same rubbers, this is very interesting but I tested these 2 rubbers a lot and they play pretty similiar, the Vega Pro is just a very very hard T64 so it doesnt has the T64 catapult. But spin, throw, speed is pretty pretty close.

T05 is the hardest rubber to play on RwV because its very very high throw which is sometimes annoying. Perfect instant spin of course but you cant play to powerful, otherwise the most of the balls are going over the table...

Vega Pro is one of the best choices you can go with, especially on the forehand, the drives and loops are very powerful with Vega Pro. Backhand maybe something softer like Baracuda, which is high throw too but slower than T05. It depends on your style.

Powerful driving: MX-P, Vega Pro and T64
Powerful looping: Rakza 7, T05, Baracuda.

Haifu Sharks are hybrid between chinese and japanese rubbers, these play very good but only for real chinese technique! Just a forehand rubber in my opinion, but youre coming from the Callibra so Haifu could be too slow I think.

Thanks buddy! Your opinion is much appreciated. So apparently i'll go with xiom vega pro for forehand and t05 for bakchand. That'll be good? what do you think? Thanks man!

This user has no status.
Yeah Vega Pro is a very good forehand choice, its kind of a middle between High End Chinese rubber and simple ESN Tensors... The MX-P is the faster upgrade to Vega Pro, but I like the Vega more than MX-P. Backhand T05 is pretty hard to play, very high throw, blocks are really difficult especially if you want to push for blocking. But tremendous spin, tremendous! Maybe the Baracuda is the better choice here and if you like the Baracuda and wish more Spin and Speed, then upgrade to the T05. Because this rubbers play different to Callibra and you dont want to destroy your whole feeling, so maybe first Baracuda for 1 or 2 month and then Tenergy 05 is probably better and easier.

Last edited: