Beware of fake Hurricane Long 5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
There are many talks of fake HL5 in China lately. Many HL5 selling in TB under $120 are questionable. Unlike previous fakes these are very real in look and everything, even got the same box, cards and all. The online verification code has been compromised so that is pretty meaningless. Buyers have to send pics of their data card and serial on the side of handle to DHS for verification. Many got the reply that the serial is not registered in their system and considered fake. The situation is getting serious.

One tell tale is that the numbers on the red data card is blacker than normal. And many got the same reading at 130mm, 224mm and 68%. Some say the real got slight sanding on shoulder and fakes does not. There are fake HL3 too but people are more focus at HL5 because of the popularity. Some suspect these are inside job with access to genuine parts so they all got the authentic look. Only all these are not registered into their system so they are treated as fakes. I think the same has been happening to W997 and the likes for a while. It is just crazy!

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3917208268

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Thanks for telling TurboZ,
luckily, in Hong Kong, most of the retailers can be trusted, but on the Internet (TAOBAO), that is another story...:p

Looks like it is happening in people buying from some reputable brick and mortar store in Hong Kong as well. May be the sellers are victims themselves but obviously they are not through official channels. The situation is just going out of hand.

http://hkttf.com/viewthread.php?tid=76152

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Is this the same with the high end blades sold on aliexpress?

There are many discussion of this for some time in China. Many have different views of the origin of those special blades. They are selling in large volume because of high demand so the profit is big. Now most of them are referred to as Replica. One of the saying is that they are using genuine parts from insider so they all look and play the same. Only they are not through official channel so there is no registration or record. That's why DHS will always deny and call them fake.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, do the counterfeits play well if they are people who have access to the real materials and the makers have inside access?

A lot of counterfeits are way worse than the original product. Are these counterfeit blades good or bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
So, do the counterfeits play well if they are people who have access to the real materials and the makers have inside access?

A lot of counterfeits are way worse than the original product. Are these counterfeit blades good or bad?

Some say they are very good indeed. I have a feeling that they are the same source for mass produced W997/968 Replica. Many don't see them as fake/counterfeit but DHS has other thoughts. The situation is quite messy. You can blame DHS who love to make rare blades that no one can get their hands on and the world number 1 Ma Long making this blade famous so everyone wants a piece of profit from it. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
To me, if they play well and they play basically the same as the DHS blades they are supposed to be a counterfeit of, then what does it matter. It could even be a big publicity stunt by DHS.

Besides, who would spend time trying to make a counterfeit that is as good as the original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
To me, if they play well and they play basically the same as the DHS blades they are supposed to be a counterfeit of, then what does it matter. It could even be a big publicity stunt by DHS.

Besides, who would spend time trying to make a counterfeit that is as good as the original?

I don't think any no name blade maker can make blades, no matter how good they are, to sell for $200 a piece and still don't have to worry about demand. But if a blade has any mention of CNT, Provincial, Ma Long....they will just walk out the door themselves with any price you ask and lines follow. Now think about the profit difference one can made. Beside it seems like the concept of selling or making counterfeit is less of a problem in China so the situation is quite out of hand.

Those provincial team blades are priced as high as $500. Even Replicas are around $200. And the questionable HL5 are about $120.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Looks like it is happening in people buying from some reputable brick and mortar store in Hong Kong as well. May be the sellers are victims themselves but obviously they are not through official channels. The situation is just going out of hand.

http://hkttf.com/viewthread.php?tid=76152

It seems a small shop in HK?
I think you should know which is the distributor of DHS products in Hong Kong, I think those blades from them are real, for other sources, they are mostly questionable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Where can you actually buy a real Hurricane Long 5? Or does anyone know where you can buy one a pro uses.

TT11 is having the best price (after max discount) for HL5 and guarantee genuine. TTNPP has many provincial replicas for fair price. For those real pro blades probably you have to be a friend of a coach of a relative of a brother of.....to get one. :)