Blade feel

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I have a stiga clipper, before I bought it, I had heard that it had very good feel. Mine feels dead, any idea on how I can get it to feel a bit better?

I had a clipper wrb at first and sent it back due to it being too headheavy. That one felt amazing, this clipper feels awful though, no vibration, could it just be defective?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have a stiga clipper, before I bought it, I had heard that it had very good feel. Mine feels dead, any idea on how I can get it to feel a bit better?

I had a clipper wrb at first and sent it back due to it being too headheavy. That one felt amazing, this clipper feels awful though, no vibration, could it just be defective?
It could be defective. Or maybe it is too slow for you.

I don't touch any ALL+ blades. I have owned 6 Tibhar Stratus Power Wod and it is solid OFF-. I have not had any that felt defective to me. Now I own 6 Gambler Blackout carbons. They all feel pretty good to me too. I am EJ'ing different rubbers on the backhand side so I need the same model of blade to compare the rubbers properly.

Wood is a live material and all specimen are a little different. Sometimes the combination turns out less optimal and sometimes more. That’s a fact of life.

Btw JJ, I think all+ blades are the best. Specially 5 ply all wood with a hard second layer and a soft top layer around 6mm thick. Maybe call them All++, it’s hard to specify exactly, but they should be a little bendy not super hard.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
It could be defective. Or maybe it is too slow for you.

I don't touch any ALL+ blades. I have owned 6 Tibhar Stratus Power Wod and it is solid OFF-. I have not had any that felt defective to me. Now I own 6 Gambler Blackout carbons. They all feel pretty good to me too. I am EJ'ing different rubbers on the backhand side so I need the same model of blade to compare the rubbers properly.
It's not slow by any means, it's almost as fast as my viscaria, but much less reactive and much stiffer. It could be because my suplier ordered it straight from the factory, and didn't have time to really age on the shelf and collect humidity and soften up. Idk, but now that I haven't played with it for a few months, I glued some rubbers on it that I boosted with baby oil (nittaku g1 and tenergy 80), so I'll see if maybe my rubbers were just bad and it needed something more lively, or if it softened up with time. If it's one of these that was the issue, it should be good now. I'll update once I test it out! Should be interesting either way...