Blades for Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Hi!

What blades are good/best with Butterfly Tenergy 05FX rubber?

I´ve been thinking about Donics Waldner senso carbon or Waldner World Champion 89? Anyone tried them with Tenergy 05 FX?
I´m more interested in the new world champion blade..what do you think out there?
Any others you can recommend?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It usually doesn't work like that. Most rubbers go decently with most blades. Tenergy series rubbers go well with most everything. T05FX is a good rubber for a lot of people. Especially if you like a slightly softer sponge.

Once in a while you have a blade that has a LOT of extra vibration and it will feel better with a denser sponge that dampens the vibrations more. Every so often you have a blade that feels a bit dead and lifeless, and it feels a little better with a sponge that is less dense that allows you to feel the blade better.

But those things are really more rare than you might think.

And pretty much any decent setup, if you use it for about a month, it will start feeling like home in a sense.

If you are used to a really fast Off++ setup and you try an Off- blade with Tenergy, you will hate it and think it is way too slow--even if that was a much better setup for you. But if you used that Off- setup exclusively for a month or two and then retried the Off++ setup you would think: "that is way too fast."

So a lot of the time, when someone thinks a rubber doesn't go well with a blade, it is that they were very used to something very different when they tried the new blade/rubber combination. And they didn't give the new combination enough of a chance.

Hopefully that info makes some sense and helps you.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Thank you!
I´ve been playing with Donic Acuda Blue P1 on Fh and Blue P2 on Bh and an old Stiga Offensive blade. But it feels slow, dead and lifeless. I´ve also tried with Donic Dicon.It was better/faster but i didn´t like the anatomic grip.
I would like to try a little faster blade with Tenergy 05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I would agree with USDC's comment . However, if you want to spend the money you can give any Butterfly ALC blade a try if you are looking for Carbon with control. They are generally always a winning bet , starting from Viscaria to Timo Ball ALC to Zhang Jike ALC. However, most of the newer ones cost a fortune and and some more :) . Also, it depends on your level of play and how much feeling you have. Most carbon blades dull your feeling, and has a high tolerance for mishits. I don't personally like Donic, mainly because my Waldner Senso Carbon broke along the face and handle join, however a lot of people use it and its has a very distinct feeling compared to other blades, because of its hollowed out handle. I would suggest you go and try out some combinations from your friends , or post your video and then the forum members will be able help you out more, not just with your blade , even give you helpful pointers on your game.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl