? ? BTY Viscaria price increased massively

says [IMG]
💰 💸 BTY Viscaria price increased massively

Just noticed that BTY increased the price of the Viscaria blade in Europe from 129,90 to 169,90 EURO 🤑 That's a price increase of 31% !

As all other ALC blades remained the same price, the only reason I can think about, is that Viscaria is still their top selling blade (together with Boll ALC) compared to their multiple top player blades.
Perhaps the FZD blade is not selling as expected and the income vs expenses of this expensive player is not aligned. As many forum members already confirmed, the blades (FZD vs Viscaria) don't differ that much and surely didn't justify the price gap of 50 EUR. By increasing the price of Viscaria, they want to make the "top player-ALC's" more attractive.

What's your thought on this?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Here in the US just going off prices from shop.butterflyonline, Viscaria has been the same price as most other standard ALC blades ($185) for a while. I think the only cheaper ALC blades here are really the TBS ($135) and the IFALC ($165). At the moment there seems to be a 10% discount on a number of products though, which cuts price on $185 to $165.5, in fact it looks to be available on most BTY blades but FZDALC is not one of them. Seems Butterfly does have weird price control in different markets though

Just noticed that BTY increased the price of the Viscaria blade in Europe from 129,90 to 169,90 EURO 🤑 That's a price increase of 31% !

As all other ALC blades remained the same price, the only reason I can think about, is that Viscaria is still their top selling blade (together with Boll ALC) compared to their multiple top player blades.
Perhaps the FZD blade is not selling as expected and the income vs expenses of this expensive player is not aligned. As many forum members already confirmed, the blades (FZD vs Viscaria) don't differ that much and surely didn't justify the price gap of 50 EUR. By increasing the price of Viscaria, they want to make the "top player-ALC's" more attractive.

Everything is getting more expensive and all companies wants to capitalize on their resources, Butterfly is no different.

Cheers
L-zr

says Aging is a killer
Most businesses suffered loss of income during the pandemic. They are all trying different ways to recover and basically stay solvent.
TT is no different. I am sure that as players, most of us have reduced our TT expenditure.
I don't look forward to replacing my rubbers, so I make them last longer, or until my opponents complain 😏
Bat%20Vodak%20jpg.jpeg

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews

This video says it all...
Butterfly Price Increases in Table Tennis - YouTube

That's true....to a certain extend. If this was the case, prices should be increased across the board. But in this case , it's just a single product.

Well, it's one of their best selling product...

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
I cheked on butterfly Italy and I confirm: viscaria went from usual 129€ to 169€!
That is really disappointing...I was Viscaria user and never will be.
Recently I used Joola, Xiom and Sunflex carbon blades and thankfully I don't need Butterfly blades anymore, my ZQH is a great blade.