Butterfly Falcima for noobies

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
According to the blade matrix chart, Falcima is faster than Korbel and Primorac. In fact, it's much faster than other all-wood blades and some carbon blades. I assumed that this blade was not for beginners, but for intermediate and above.

This blade is something I want. I wonder how it feels to play with Fastarc G-1 or other hard and spiny rubbers on this blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
According to the blade matrix chart, Falcima is faster than Korbel and Primorac. In fact, it's much faster than other all-wood blades and some carbon blades. I assumed that this blade was not for beginners, but for intermediate and above.

This blade is something I want. I wonder how it feels to play with Fastarc G-1 or other hard and spiny rubbers on this blade.

https://youtu.be/ro71R9InCEY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019

Can you tell me the handle’s measures ?
I’d like to know the width at the handle’s neck and a the end of handle, the height in the middle of the handle and at the end of the same grip.
If possible I’d like to know the same information for the Timo Boll CAF.
Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Just got this blade (88 grams) earlier this week and played in 5 pennant league matches.

Rubbers
Forehand: Tenergy 05 2.1mm
Backhand: Tenergy 80fx 1.9mm

This blade is really good, it feels like an all wood 5 ply version of the Viscaria!
Has good speed, great control and feel. It seems faster than the Butterfly Korbel (5 ply version) and Butterfly CAF (I had both).
Goes really well with the Tenergy rubbers I had on it.
It has great touch and has good spin. It has a good balance of dwell but you can do fast loops when needed (you still need good technique obviously).
Its very well balanced - this is the best way I can describe this blade. It has fairly high/good arc. If you love Butterfly, dont want to use ALC blades (yet)
and love all wood blades this blade is for you! I think its good for beginners (using slower rubbers) and for intermediate players (using medium to fast rubbers).

There's almost no reviews on this blade online (not sure why not!) so I had to buy it and try it. I hope this helps anyone that curious about this blade. I think its a winner. It seems to be a stepping stone (pathway) to a Viscaria/Timo Boll ALC. It has a very similar gameplay feel. It even looks similar to the Viscaria!!
Can you tell us the handle’s measures? Also that on the neck. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Like heavy blades? 92g Falcima, 1424 Hz (ball drop) vs 1372 Hz for my YEO (93g) and 1445 Hz for the 729 Blue Arylate (90g). That's definitely not a slow blade for noobies.
Handle: Length 9.9 cm, width (thinnest part) 2.5 cm, height (thinnest part 2.3 cm, thumb rest width 2.5 cm.
As far as I can tell it seems to have Viscaria structure without the ALC (koto, ayous, kiri core).
falc1.jpgfalc2.jpg

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Like heavy blades? 92g Falcima, 1424 Hz (ball drop) vs 1372 Hz for my YEO (93g) and 1445 Hz for the 729 Blue Arylate (90g). That's definitely not a slow blade for noobies.
Handle: Length 9.9 cm, width (thinnest part) 2.5 cm, height (thinnest part 2.3 cm, thumb rest width 2.5 cm.
As far as I can tell it seems to have Viscaria structure without the ALC (koto, ayous, kiri core).
View attachment 27627View attachment 27628
It's definitely not a slow blade, nice all wood Viscaria option though.

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Year end bonus is coming:

Looking for Gozo(tm)-Lite.
Options:

A) Falcima + two side Rozena

B) Falcima + Glyzer 09C + Glyzer 05

which one?
The slower the blade, the more if forces you to spin. I would actually go for the Glayzer 09c and 05 even though you won't use it for long because it will help you develop looping technique and discourage flat hitting because if you don't spin, you can't win.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Intend to attach two sheets of Rozena. Falcima or Petr Korbel is better? Pls help.

Gozo plans to go into NOOB mode.
Korbel is slower - my Falcima was pretty fast for a 5 ply and certainly as fast as some carbon blades with a frequency of 1380hz (Vs for example 1440 for my Viscaria)

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I wonder
Korbel is slower - my Falcima was pretty fast for a 5 ply and certainly as fast as some carbon blades with a frequency of 1380hz (Vs for example 1440 for my Viscaria)
I wonder Rozena on Petr Korbel will be too slow, that is, easily countered?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I wonder

I wonder Rozena on Petr Korbel will be too slow, that is, easily countered?
Rozena isn't slow in my experience, just a lot more controllable than T05 - on a Korbel it might be what you need if you are working on all those good things NL etc have been suggesting ;-)

Falcima is a nice blade and like an all wood Viscaria, so very crisp and with a nice handle and balance - my son played with it for a year before moving to a Boll ALC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Small correction: Falcima has a koto, koto, kiri, koto, koto structure. Someone in a German forum pointed that out and I took some pictures
View attachment 28709
Great pics. Yeah, definitely Koto - Koto - Kiri - Koto - Koto.
Never heard of that kind of structure. I migth actually be interested in that one, too.