Can China Go Without Dropping a Match in the World Team Competition

Will China Be Able To Win Every Match At The World Team Championships?

• China Will Not Lose a Match

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • China Will Lose at Least One Match

Votes: 37 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Oh yes...I totally got it mixed up with WTTC. There are no doubles in WTTTC:)..thanx pointing it out SC. You do need something special to take a match away from the Chinese. In 2010, there was Timo..this year, it all depends on the draw and whether the others can find that extra special something. I definitely think it's do-able, and hope it will be a bit closer this time. The Chinese will prevail in the end to win it...

Mizutani, Boll, Joo (eh) , and Ovtcharov are the only ones with realistic shots imo. Gonna be interesting to see how Koki Niwa and Maharu Yoshimura do.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Mizutani, Boll, Joo (eh) , and Ovtcharov are the only ones with realistic shots imo. Gonna be interesting to see how Koki Niwa and Maharu Yoshimura do.

Yeah mate, I should think so too. Boll maybe fit, but is he match fit? Joo took out Jike and nearly Ma Long too. Mizutani should be on a high after his performance in Kuwait and the Asians and Ovtchorov is in flying form..I think in this past year or two, the games are getting closer and tighter. The rest are definitely catching up.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO START!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I think Ryu has a decent chance too, and as we have seen, Skachkov and Robinot have a shot too ;)

Ryu will take games, but I don't see him taking any matches at this point in his career. Skachkov? No. Robinot? Doubt it, his match with Ma Lin was a fluke; Ma Lin was at an all time low at that time and seems to be back in good form.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Does anyone know if anyone aside from Joo Se Hyuk in that first tournament this year, who is not on the Chinese National Team, has beaten any of China's top four--Ma Long, Zhang Zhang Jike, Wang Hao, Xu Xin?

They have beaten each other, but has anyone else besides Joo taken a match, this year, from one of those 4?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey, I thought about this more:

Ma Long has only lost one match since late August 2011. That match was recent and the loss was in the finals, to Zhang Jike.

Zhang Jike lost one match this year to Joo. Otherwise the only person this year to beat him was Ma Long. Since August 2011 most of Zhang Jike's losses came at the hands of Ma Long.

Has Xu Xin lost to anyone not on the Chinese National Team lately?

Has Wang Hao lost to anyone aside from his teammates?

Ma Lin Struggled between August 2011 and December of 2011. But has he lost to anyone aside from one of his teammates this year?????

I cannot think of any loss except Joo beating Zhang Jike, this year, that has one of these 5 against anyone from another country. Who has the facts on this.

Might be more than possible for China to make a clean sweep.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Does anyone know if anyone aside from Joo Se Hyuk in that first tournament this year, who is not on the Chinese National Team, has beaten any of China's top four--Ma Long, Zhang Zhang Jike, Wang Hao, Xu Xin?

They have beaten each other, but has anyone else besides Joo taken a match, this year, from one of those 4?

You know, they haven't really played many competitions this year. You'd have to go back at least 12 months or so to make this meaningful.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Will china even drop an end.Lol... all games 3-0 at the min, no deuce games yet...

haha that's what I was going to say. We're all debating whether they will drop a match and so far they haven't even lost a set!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
haha that's what I was going to say. We're all debating whether they will drop a match and so far they haven't even lost a set!

Funny. At some point they will drop some games though. :) At least I think they will. :)

You know, they haven't really played many competitions this year. You'd have to go back at least 12 months or so to make this meaningful.

If in 4 tournaments the only person to get a match from a Chinese player aside from teammates was Joo Se Hyuk against Zhang Jike in the first tournament of the year, I would say that is pretty big.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
If in 4 tournaments the only person to get a match from a Chinese player aside from teammates was Joo Se Hyuk against Zhang Jike in the first tournament of the year, I would say that is pretty big.

Boll didn't even play in one of those tournaments. The last time Ovtcharov played against a Chinese was in November: one win and one loss against Wang Hao. Ryu hasn't yet played a Chinese this year. 4 tournaments with so-so participation is not much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Boll didn't even play in one of those tournaments. The last time Ovtcharov played against a Chinese was in November: one win and one loss against Wang Hao. Ryu hasn't yet played a Chinese this year. 4 tournaments with so-so participation is not much.

Good point. Dima almost beat Zhang Jike at the World Cup, and beat Wang Hao in the World Team Cup. Also Ryu Gave Ma Long at his best some trouble.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, at least China lost games now. No matches yet.

Ryu did not really give Ma Long too much trouble. He surprised Ma Long in the first game and then Ma Long destroyed him. Ma Long was down big in the first game and almost pulled that one out too. Ma Long saw Ryu was going for the big shots and just went straight at his strength and overpowered him. But it is true, Ryu seems to give Wang Hao a lot of trouble. There is no doubt about that. There were some young Korean players who were surprising to me in the World Team Cup as well.

Lets hope someone can do more than win a match, and nock china off or at least give them a run for their money. The big matches will be later this week.

But I don't think anyone on the Chinese team wants to be the one to lose a match this year.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well in the World Cup the biggest fight was against Russia who came 2-1 up. Who had expected that. You never know what will happen :)

Yep. That was when Ma Lin was struggling and Ma Lin lost a singles match and he and Wang Hao lost a doubles match.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am starting to think that nobody on the Chinese team wants to be the one to lose a match. And Ma Lin is not playing the way he was in the fall where he was struggling and losing to people he should not lose to. We will see if someone from China has a bad match and drops one. But the closer to the end of the tournament this goes without them dropping a match, the less they are going to want to be the first to lose a match and so, the harder they will try.