Canary Wharf 2013

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Off to Ping Canary Wharf on Monday 5th and Wednesday. On Monday all the Morpeth girls should be there while on Wednesday Preano and Gavin Rumgay are doing a 2 hour stint and then after I hope to get my 2 youngsters to give them a knock. My grandson played Preano a couple of years ago and the video is on YouTube but now he us much stronger so it should be good fun. I will try and put the video on here. The other one is the Essex No. 6 (or was) under 18 who played Gavin in a tournament a couple of months ago. It ends on Sunday the 11th.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hey what's the set up there? do you need to bring a partner? Is it usually busy so you have to wait awhile to play? is it worth bringing your own bat considering how much time you get on the table? I might pass through.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Normally its better if you get there pretty early and book up 20 minute slots. It is again very busy but if its just a day out its worth going as you can always have something to eat and still watch any demomstrations which should be on Wednesday but its still worth taking your own bat plus someone with you just to keep you company.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
I am helping to run Ping Canary Wharf and we are mobbed out with participants. We have had some really good exhibitions and the people from the local club http://www.morpethttc.co.uk/ have been great at manning the tables and helping out by acting as practise partners. It is not often you can turn up at a shopping centre and get to knock with players who compete in international events or play 2nd Div in Germany.

We have only 4 tables in the shopping centre but Canary Wharf are estimating that by the end of Sunday over 2,000 people would have had some table time.

Also running a Corporate event in the evenings and have seen teams from Citi, Barclays, HSBC, BNY, JP Morgan among others. In fact corporate event was fully booked with a waiting list and the organiser from Canary Wharf was telling me they were getting lots of emails asking about places.

Michael Loveder has taken some photos which I hope you can see here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.654202651257344.1073741895.513556365321974&type=3