Carbon ply placement w/ chinese rubbers

This user has no status.
Hello, I play with czech's manufacturers blade Vodak Kentaur (7ply (mahagony-ayous-ayous-mahagony...), no carbon) and I want to order new one, but with carbon layers.

I want to use it with boosted chinese rubbers (H3 Neo probably), so it needs to be quite fast as the chinese rubbers are slow.

My question is - what do you think - where I should place the carbon ply? Right under the top ply, or as a third ply?

I looked, that quite popular blades like Timo Boll ALC, Viscaria and Jun Mizutani has carbon ply right under the top ply (however these are being usually played with Tenergy or other ESN rubbers), but on the other side, Innerforce series and DHS Long series (which is played by Ma Long with chinese rubbers) has is as a third layer.

Thanks for your replies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hello, I play with czech's manufacturers blade Vodak Kentaur (7ply (mahagony-ayous-ayous-mahagony...), no carbon) and I want to order new one, but with carbon layers.

I want to use it with boosted chinese rubbers (H3 Neo probably), so it needs to be quite fast as the chinese rubbers are slow.

My question is - what do you think - where I should place the carbon ply? Right under the top ply, or as a third ply?

I looked, that quite popular blades like Timo Boll ALC, Viscaria and Jun Mizutani has carbon ply right under the top ply (however these are being usually played with Tenergy or other ESN rubbers), but on the other side, Innerforce series and DHS Long series (which is played by Ma Long with chinese rubbers) has is as a third layer.

Thanks for your replies.
Unless you can execute very good techniques and play at advanced level, boosted H3 Neo would be more than enough on wooden blades.

Boosted H3 is usually perceived as a slow rubber because its deadly power can only be unleashed with proper techniques.

I have played boosted H3 provincial on Yasaka ML carbon and Stiga Carbonado 145. Both blades are way too fast even close to table. I lost many points due to stupid mistakes.

In contrast the same H3 works far better on my Nittaku Septear, Stiga Infinity and 9mm Darker Speed 90. All these wooden blades are powerful enough to do long distance rally at a club level.

Xu Xin and FZD still use their Hurricane on wooden blades at the moment. That must prove something.

Good luck on finding a blade that matches you well.