Change in technique with DHS

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
You will definitely have to put in a better weight transfer through your waist rotation and footwork. Don't forget a full backswing of your arm.It will be tough at first, but once do it correctly, you will have no regrets of changing your rubber.( I said all this assuming that you are using it on your forehand) I changed from nianmor to friendship 729-2 on forehand. Once I was able to get in proper technique with the tacky hard rubber, placement and spin have been leaving my opponents baffled.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
I too recently switched from MX-P to Hurricane 3 Neo. In terms of technique, i would say that you are now required to always have a full arm swing. In addition, your technique will be to always brush upwards a bit more due to the lower arc. Neo may be a struggle at first, but will pay off. I struggled for about 3-4 months, but my game has become stable now using it.

This user has no status.
I recently switched from MX-S to H3N, haven't had any problems, my game instantly improved.

Just pretend in your head that you're constantly playing against backspin. Obviously, if there is no backspin, you want to have a more forward motion.

The slower rubber speed and the lack of catapult allows you to strike hard, to brush the ball really fast, without the ball going over the table. I feel it's easier to handle than those catapulty beasts, because with those you really need to get the timing/technique perfect to brush the ball with equal speed, but without the ball just shooting off to Madagascar. This gives you easier-to-access great (not greater than MX-S) spin and easier placement (at least that's how it is for me). If your weight transfer and stroke are correct, you won't lack speed (although MX-P or other catapulty rubbers will obviously always be faster).

If you feel it's still too slow, I wouldn't suggest putting it on a lightning fast blade right away, as especially with these kinds of rubbers, you need to learn the proper technique before advancing to EJ-land.

Good luck! :)

mxs is so different from mxp. it is slower and i would compare it to a spin art rubber. it is not hard to shift to h3 because the speed difference between an h3 and mxs is not that big and you also need to brush a lot with mxs. it is a different story if you come from mxp to h3.