Hurricane 3 Neo loses tackiness during gameplay

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I have bought a DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Commercial in 39 degrees hardness. Not tackier than my Rakza Z.

Before gameplay, it is somewhat tacky, but after 5 minutes of playing, it completely disappears, but after gameplay and cleaning it returns. My question is, how is it possible that my H3Neo's tackiness is completely absent during gameplay but is still able to grip the ball? Also, does it affect the spin characteristics? Does this happen to you to?

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
It gets dusty, give it the old breath "ha ha" and rub it with your hand to remove the dust during the game, should help.
It does, I am able to spin the ball, but I am afraid the absence of tackiness reduces the spin I can generate. Any ideas? The strange thing is that somewhere I read it has no grip, only tack, but this is apparently not true, as I do not have the tack, but I can still grip the ball well.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I do not have the tack, but I can still grip the ball well.
Many chinese rubbers have recently come on the market with much less stickiness but they still have the grip. If they have the same amount of grip as the previous editions is doubtful.

Bring an old towel to the club and give a quick wipe over the table you play on to get rid of the dust. After picking up the ball off the floor rub it against you cloth and wipe the dust off. And yes, definitely follow advise in post #2. All pro players do that.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
It doesn't dissappear, when the rubber sits out for a bit, it gets some humidity and stops feeling sticky, but it doesn't have any effect. When the rubber gets cleaned and sits for a while you can feel the tackiness again. As long as the top sheet is clean, usually somewhat shiny, then you're good.

For example, when you first take off the cover, the rubber feels extremely tacky, you can't even slide your hand in it, but after you rub it a bit with your hand it feels glossy. Then after cleaning and letting it sit, if feels very grippy again. Don't worry, it's normal.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Many chinese rubbers have recently come on the market with much less stickiness but they still have the grip. If they have the same amount of grip as the previous editions is doubtful.

Bring an old towel to the club and give a quick wipe over the table you play on to get rid of the dust. After picking up the ball off the floor rub it against you cloth and wipe the dust off. And yes, definitely follow advise in post #2. All pro players do that.
I see, thanks for the valuable information! I'll do that!
It doesn't dissappear, when the rubber sits out for a bit, it gets some humidity and stops feeling sticky, but it doesn't have any effect. When the rubber gets cleaned and sits for a while you can feel the tackiness again. As long as the top sheet is clean, usually somewhat shiny, then you're good.

For example, when you first take off the cover, the rubber feels extremely tacky, you can't even slide your hand in it, but after you rub it a bit with your hand it feels glossy. Then after cleaning and letting it sit, if feels very grippy again. Don't worry, it's normal.
Thanks for confirming! This is just what happens!

Reactions: Lowday20298
This user has no status.
I have bought a DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Commercial in 39 degrees hardness. Not tackier than my Rakza Z.

Before gameplay, it is somewhat tacky, but after 5 minutes of playing, it completely disappears, but after gameplay and cleaning it returns. My question is, how is it possible that my H3Neo's tackiness is completely absent during gameplay but is still able to grip the ball? Also, does it affect the spin characteristics? Does this happen to you to?
Yes, we have addressed this issue of NH3 stickiness loss directly with DHS. It is said that the production recipe has not changed... We have done testing with NH3, it is true that the stickiness is lower, but on the other hand, the speed is higher. The pull on the topspin was excellent and so was the spin. Maybe it can be a bit of a problem for someone with the short game. As mentioned below, if you put a protective film on the rubber, the next time you play, the game will be sticky again.

Reactions: IB66
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Yes, we have addressed this issue of NH3 stickiness loss directly with DHS. It is said that the production recipe has not changed... We have done testing with NH3, it is true that the stickiness is lower, but on the other hand, the speed is higher. The pull on the topspin was excellent and so was the spin. Maybe it can be a bit of a problem for someone with the short game. As mentioned below, if you put a protective film on the rubber, the next time you play, the game will be sticky again.
Thank you!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
DHS said that the production recipe has not changed...
Should this be true, then remains of course the question : Why did the speed and stickiness change ???? 🤣
It is not just a DHS problem of course Loki does the same.
One should be especially aware when the packaging has changed and the sellers say : The packaging has changed but the rubber quality is the same ...................my socks. 😂

My guess is that the brand has changed the manufacturer to one that offered to make the rubbers cheaper. Sure the recipe is the same but are the ingredients ??????

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
Sure the recipe is the same but are the ingredients ??????

Short answer: No
Long answer: Lol noooouuuuu

Its quite funny that they are doubling down on "nothing has changed" when so many people are noticing that something that has been sticky af for so many years suddenly aint sticky. And to put more salt in the wound h3 aint even that cheap anymore.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Short answer: No
Long answer: Lol noooouuuuu

Its quite funny that they are doubling down on "nothing has changed" when so many people are noticing that something that has been sticky af for so many years suddenly aint sticky. And to put more salt in the wound h3 aint even that cheap anymore.
so true, but of course the idea of lifting the prices up seems to be quite universal.
Also, today's customers (Us) are much better informed and with forums like this we can react to everything very quickly.
Or putting it in other words : We don't take shit no more 😂

Reactions: JustANoob
This user has no status.
Should this be true, then remains of course the question : Why did the speed and stickiness change ???? 🤣
It is not just a DHS problem of course Loki does the same.
One should be especially aware when the packaging has changed and the sellers say : The packaging has changed but the rubber quality is the same ...................my socks. 😂

My guess is that the brand has changed the manufacturer to one that offered to make the rubbers cheaper. Sure the recipe is the same but are the ingredients ??????
As I bought it, I am selling it, I have no other information. Personally, I don't have a problem with the stickiness being a bit less.

As I bought it, I am selling it, I have no other information. Personally, I don't have a problem with the stickiness being a bit less.
I actually like it, It makes the difference between gameplay and warm up less. The first Bloom power I tried was sticky as hell. but this went away quite quickly. Then some of it came back when cleaning using pure water. But what really was a game changer was using a drip of Dandoy Bio cleaner. Then I got a lot more stickiness back. I think that using pure water does not clean the rubber enough and leave some residue. My Bloom power is after 6 months still plenty sticky after using this cleaner after every session.
My first H3 prov OS is hard to say, it was never sticky, it just had some traces of stickyness.
My second H3 OS prov had a little bit more, but just started playing with it so we shall se, so far so good.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
I actually like it, It makes the difference between gameplay and warm up less. The first Bloom power I tried was sticky as hell. but this went away quite quickly. Then some of it came back when cleaning using pure water. But what really was a game changer was using a drip of Dandoy Bio cleaner. Then I got a lot more stickiness back. I think that using pure water does not clean the rubber enough and leave some residue. My Bloom power is after 6 months still plenty sticky after using this cleaner after every session.
My first H3 prov OS is hard to say, it was never sticky, it just had some traces of stickyness.
My second H3 OS prov had a little bit more, but just started playing with it so we shall se, so far so good.

Cheers
L-zr
The entire range of H3 versions now have less stickiness than before. I broke down one brand new H3 from an older batch and compared the stickiness. The new batch is better for aggressive attacking play.

Reactions: Lazer and IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
The entire range of H3 versions now have less stickiness than before. I broke down one brand new H3 from an older batch and compared the stickiness. The new batch is better for aggressive attacking play.
That might be the real reason for the change in tackiness levels, its better for attacking play!!

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
That might be the real reason for the change in tackiness levels, its better for attacking play!!
I totally agree with you, that's exactly the reason for backing away from too much stickiness of rubbers! I think the current H3's have a slightly lower arch than the previous sticky ones.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I totally agree with you, that's exactly the reason for backing away from too much stickiness of rubbers! I think the current H3's have a slightly lower arch than the previous sticky ones.
For me the point is not that the rubbers are now better.
For me the point is that they still insist the they are the same.
Well they are not the same anymore and the manufacturer should have the balls to say so.

I doubt its intended. I think they changed the production method or components a little and this was the result.
Since the amount of finished products are huge they have no other choice than to sell it.
My guess is the stickiness will come back in future products. This is after all a huge selling point.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
For me the point is not that the rubbers are now better.
For me the point is that they still insist the they are the same.
Well they are not the same anymore and the manufacturer should have the balls to say so.
It's not easy at all with China, try it with them and you'll know for yourself! I agree they could justify it.

Reactions: lodro