Chinese Men's WTTC Trials 2013

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I would guess that Wang Hao will choose to go into Ma Long group because he beat Ma Long twice in WTTC so he will probably think that he has highest chance to beat Ma Long. He definitely will not go into Zhang jike because he hasn't beaten Zhang jike for a long time.

Yeah, but the problem for Wang Hao is, that he will not be able to choose the group.
He will get the group that Ma Lin and Hao Shuai dont want to go in, because he is the highest ranked from them, so he will not choose.
He will just get..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
I have to say these trial videos have a lot of interesting information from the commentators such as Liu Guoliang and Wang Tao - they answer peoples questions about many table tennis things from improving ones serve to how the chinese team train.. sadly I am not experienced enough to translate :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
How did you came to 5 seats for Paris? If there are only 3 Groups at the end, there can be only 3 Group Winners who could win 2 Matches in the Group.
I think right? :)

Welcome to the forum. To answer your question. There are 9 players in 3 groups. After picking the 3 winners of each group, the remaining 6 will then form 2 new groups and play again to pick the other 2 winners. So the total number will be 3+2=5. Rather simple isn't it. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011

MA Long Vs Zhang Jike [HD] [Full Match/Short Form + MA Long's Interview]

Last edited:
Reactions: foo

foo

This user has no status.

foo

This user has no status.
Jan 2013
I've understood how to download only necessary part of the big video files.
The values after whole_1600.mp4 part mean hour/minutes+seconds
For example whole_1600.mp4/01/1056.mp4 will request block of the video from 1h 10 minutes and 56 seconds.
Usually video blocks are of 2 second long. So the link for next block will be whole_1600.mp4/01/1058.mp4 and so on.
So to obtain part of video one needs to make a list of links to small blocks with required times. Then download them and join with mkvmerge.exe tool from mkvtoolnix package.

Reactions: janus and Dan
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
Yeah, but the problem for Wang Hao is, that he will not be able to choose the group.
He will get the group that Ma Lin and Hao Shuai dont want to go in, because he is the highest ranked from them, so he will not choose.
He will just get..

Exactly..I think Hao Shuai will choose Xu Xin's group, because Hao Shuai had some winning experience against with Xu Xin, like in CTTSL and 2012 China Open. Ma Lin will choose Zhang Jike's group, Ma Long's speed is a greater threat to Ma Lin if compare with Zhang Jike's backhand. Wang Hao can't choose, and Ma Long would welcome he join his group..:)

Last edited:
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Does anyone knows when 3rd stage starts?

plus 1 on that question Janus :)

3rd Stage will be amazing! I am guessing it will start today as Ma Long and Xu Xin have the China Super League Finals tomorrow?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Go Xu Xin, the new penholder representative! I think right now in the world Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Xu Xin are all approximately as strong as each other although all have clear strengths and weaknesses still (relatively speaking given their exceptional level of play). In fact even amongst the rest it's not a big surprise when any player beats any other including the three big names. Although Hao Shuai, Zhou Yu, Yan An etc have lower world rankings they are really not much weaker and on a good day they can beat anyone. I guess consistency is what the trainers want to see, day in and day out.

I believe actually it would be a big pity not have at least one chinese penholder in the world championships. Amongst the top 10 and at a amateur level there are of course much more shakehand players but still not to have at least one top 10 ranked penholder like Xu Xin, Wang Hao or Ma Lin would be a bit strange I think. It also makes the sport much more interesting in my opinion. So go Xu Xin, show the world your fantastic footwork, incredible forehand and newly improved RPB!!!

Reactions: Dan