Chinese Men's WTTC Trials 2013

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
I had written before, along with ma long chen qi is my favorite as I love playing and always thought that the ranking is mesquino with but is still young and hopefully can go global ahcer a good stay in the two previous best round 8.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Hmm.. After watching XX playing top 2, I have to say, the main difference in XX we knew and XX now is, that he really improved his backhand!
Really, there is no weakness in his backhand anymore.. That is the main thing..
Before they beat him because of this, but now he is able to counter spin with backhand just as easy as with forehand, amazing!

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
New rules for 3rd stage is come out, it is very very complex !

9 players will played in 3rd stage, they will divided into 3 groups, the top 3 players in world rankings as the #1 seed in each group. Then according to the world rankings, next 3 high-ranked players could choose which group they want to join, but the lowest ranked player got first choice.

For example, now Xu Xin is world #1, Zhang Jike is #2, Ma Long is #3, so they will as #1 seed in each group, like Xu Xin is #1 seed in group A, Ma Long is #1 seed in group B and Zhang Jike is #1 seed in group C.

And now Wang Hao is world #4, Ma Lin is world #6 and Hao Shuai is world #13, so these 3 guys could choose which group they want to join, but Hao Shuai got first choice, then Ma Lin, then Wang Hao.

And the remaining 3 players also can choose one group they want to join, according to their age, the youngest one got first choice.

======================

3 players who got the first place in each group could direct to WTTC, but there is a strict standard for the "first place", only the player who could got two straight wins in group games then he could direct to WTTC. If in the group games, player A beat player B, player B beat player C, but player A lost to player C, so no one could got two straight wins, so they will have matches again, but this time they only play one set (11-point).
If still couldn't determined who is the winner, have matches again, play one set (5-point) ! If still nobody could got two straight wins, have matches again and again, and the match is start from the scores is 10:10 !!

The remaining 6 players will divided into 2 groups, 2 winners (the rule is same as the one mentioned above) also could go to Pairs ! So the total 5 players could played in Men's singles of WTTC 2013.

Finally, I just want to say LGL is a genius, because he made such a imaginative rule for the trials...:)

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
New rules for 3rd stage is come out, it is very very complex !

9 players will played in 3rd stage, they will divided into 3 groups, the top 3 players in world rankings as the #1 seed in each group. Then according to the world rankings, next 3 high-ranked players could choose which group they want to join, but the lowest ranked player got first choice.

For example, now Xu Xin is world #1, Zhang Jike is #2, Ma Long is #3, so they will as #1 seed in each group, like Xu Xin is #1 seed in group A, Ma Long is #1 seed in group B and Zhang Jike is #1 seed in group C.

And now Wang Hao is world #4, Ma Lin is world #6 and Hao Shuai is world #13, so these 3 guys could choose which group they want to join, but Hao Shuai got first choice, then Ma Lin, then Wang Hao.

======================

3 players who got the first place in each group could direct to WTTC, but there is a strict standard for the "first place", only the player who could got two straight wins in group games then he could direct to WTTC. If in the group games, player A beat player B, player B beat player C, but player A lost to player C, so no one could got two straight wins, so they will have matches again, but this time they only play one set (11-point).
If still couldn't determined who is the winner, have matches again, play one set (5-point) ! If still nobody could got two straight wins, have matches again and again, and the match is start from the scores is 10:10 !!

The remaining 6 players will divided into 2 groups, 2 winners (the rule is same as the one mentioned above) also could go to Pairs ! So the total 5 players could played in WTTC 2013.

Finally, I just want to say LGL is a genius, because he made such a imaginative rule for the trials...:)

Wow, Wow, Wow how much pressure does that put on the players! Incredible rule decisions by LGL there! Love this!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I hope Hao Shuai will go into Zhang´s group :D
He will want to beat Zhang again!
Ma Lin will try his luck with Ma Long and Wang Hao will get into Xu Xin´s group.
This will be very interesting.
And I have to admit, very good idea from Liu Guoliang!

What do you think, guys, which groups will players pick?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
I think there is a little mistake in the results table: Liu Jikang has 26 points, so he must be placed above Wang Liqin...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
How did you came to 5 seats for Paris? If there are only 3 Groups at the end, there can be only 3 Group Winners who could win 2 Matches in the Group.
I think right? :)