Chinese Men's WTTC Trials 2013

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Now I only know it will start in early March..

Thanks for letting us know. And in March? Wow I thought it would be right after the second stage. These pros have busy schedules thats for sure

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
But we still dont know the groups, right?
Or the 9 players that will be in?
Xu Xin, Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Wang Hao, Ma Lin, Hao Shuai, Chen Qi .. and?
2 remaining positions?

Yes, still don't know the groups and 2 remaining positions selected by coaches, but I guess Wang Liqin and Yan An will got that 2 positions...

Aug 2012
that would be great, im a big fan of WLQ...do u have inside information?(lol)

No inside info :) I’m just guessing here, but seems WLQ will got some votes from coaches, because he played so good in CTTSL finals, he even ended Ma Long's 23-match winning streak in CTTSL, so I hope he could played in the 3rd stage.

Reactions: mefisto81
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
@January 15, 2013

** HD-Video **

Last edited:
Reactions: foo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
@January 15, 2013

** HD-Video **

Last edited:
Reactions: foo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
update: LGL posted that the final 2 spot for the 3rd round of the trial will be picked from yan an, fan zhen dong, zhou yu, and fang bo

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
update: LGL posted that the final 2 spot for the 3rd round of the trial will be picked from yan an, fan zhen dong, zhou yu, and fang bo

Wow! I would never know who to pick! Just impossible to pick! But I think LGL will pick Yan An and Fang Bo

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
so WL is out! he played magnificent in the final of Chinese Super League...It so difficult to choose one 2 of them. We have: Yan an 2 victories in 2 games agains Xu Xin, Fan Zhen dong the guy with 17 years old and already in the team B almost A, Zhou yu the National Champion(!) and Fan Bo the winner of the only World Tour this year

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
LGL also mentioned the recent success of these 4 young players:
Yan An: ranked 3rd in CSL (22 win - 12 loss) behind only ma long and zhang jike
Fan Zhen Dong: world junior champion
Zhou Yu: Chinese national champion
Fang Bo: Austria open winner

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
The 3rd round of the trials will only determine 5 singles to play in paris, so there are still 2 more free spot thats probably gonna be picked by the coaches, so there is still a chance for everyone (since I really doubt those 2 spots are only picked between the 4 losers in round 3).

That being said, it seems obvious now, and even mentioned by LGL that he is starting to take the future of chinese table tennis (mainly rio olympic) into consideration. So wang liqin's chance of being picked after 3rd round is very low, which is too bad because at his age, he is still favoured to beat any non-chinese players.

Last edited:
Aug 2012
I'm so disappointed when I saw LGL's post on his Weibo, why not give Wang Liqin a last chance ? Those 4 guys are young sure they had more opportunity to play in WTTC, I think WLQ paid a lot of efforts for WTTC 2013, he had a lot of training, spend long time in the gym, doing everything he can in CTTSL..

Now I'm also afraid that if Ma Lin and Wang Hao can't win in 3rd stage, so we couldn't see Ma Lin, Wang Liqin and Wang Hao's matches in Men's singles in Paris, is it a sad outcome ?? :(