Chinese National Championships 2014

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Any results?

I only have partial results for Nov. 2's results for men's team.

Beijing 3:0 Hebei Team 2
Beijing 3:1 Ningxia

Shandong Luneng 3:0 Sichuan
Shandong Luneng 3:2 Yunnan Dianwang

Jiefangjun 3:0 Shaanxi
Jiefangjun 3:0 Heilongjiang

Beijing and Jiefangjun both advanced into the second stage as top finisher in their respective group.

Shandong Luneng still has one game left on Nov. 3 against Zhejiang, it's in a good position to enter into the second stage.

After the conclusion of group competition, there will be a draw for the second stage for men's team on 12:00PM, and men's 1/8 final will be played on 19:00.

For women, the draw for the second stage will be on 10:30AM, and women's 1/8 final will be played on 15:00PM.

Reactions: janus
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Zhang Jike seems to have a good sense of humor :

"During the match (Chinese National Championships), his opponent's ball went outside the court. Zhang Jike crossed the barrier and picked it. When he returned, he hesitated for a moment then did not cross back into the arena. Instead, he pulled the barrier and carefully returned it to place. When he was about to serve, he thought that he didn't properly close the barrier so he went back to fix it.

Of course, that earned the applause of the audience."
smiley-laughing002.gif

ZJK gentle with a barrier

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
According to the seeds, it looks like this time everyone is in there!
Only Li Xiaoxia missing. Except for her, everyone is there!
All the top players, this will be so tough!
We will have soooo many many matches, so good matches I hope!
Really glad after such a disapointment (euro vs. asia "stars") .. this is a tournament to watch! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Good tourney, but by the end of the day, people will say some players are not giving their best 'coz this is not Grand Slam one anyway :)
I dont think here will be any lack of motivation.
Ma Long already won it and Zhang Jike twice, I know.. But now - Ma Long will want to prove himself against Zhang after World cup.
Also Xu Xin never won this and he will want to. Also Fan Zhendong wants to show what he can do .. Rio is comming and he wants to get to the olympics ;)
This will be good!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
I dont think here will be any lack of motivation.
Ma Long already won it and Zhang Jike twice, I know.. But now - Ma Long will want to prove himself against Zhang after World cup.
Also Xu Xin never won this and he will want to. Also Fan Zhendong wants to show what he can do .. Rio is comming and he wants to get to the olympics ;)
This will be good!

This is not even part of Olympic qualification dude. But yes, FZD should prove to the coaches that he is now nearly at the same level of top 3, while ML and XX are always giving their best, just likes they enjoy their games :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Men's Team Results

Men's Team 1/8 Final Result

Jiefangjun 3-0 Sichuan;
Qingdao Luneng 3-2 Jiangsu;
Guangdong 3-0 Hunan;
Beijing 3-1 Fujian;
Tianjin 3-1 Shanghai Youth;
Shandong Luneng 3-0 Hebei Second Team;
Hebei Team 3-1 Heilongjiang
Shanghai 3:2 Liaoning

Men's 1/4 Final

Jiefangjun vs Qingdao Luneng
Guangdong vs Beijing
Tianjin vs Shandong Luneng
Hebei Team 1 vs Shanghai

If no surprises, semi final should be among these four teams:

Jiefangjun vs Beijing
Shandong Luneng vs Shang Hai

Women's 1/8 Final Results

Shandong 3-0 Hubei;
Jiefangjun 3-2 Zhejiang;
Liaoning 3-0 Guangdong;
Sichuan 3-0 Wuhan;
Beijing 3-0 Yunnan;
Henan 3-1 Shanxi;
Heilongjiang 3-0 Guangxi;
Shanxi 3-1 Jiangsu Second Team.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
CCTV-5 will live broadcast Men's Team Final on November 5 at 15:00 (Beijing Time)

There's schedule change due to live broadcasting needs. They swapped men's and women's team final time. Now, women's team final will be played at 19:00, and there'll be no live coverage.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
@Dan

Could you change the forum banner? It's National Championships, not National Games. National Games is a multidiscipline event held once every four years, just like Olympic Games and Asian Games. Chinese National TT Championships on the other hand is a single discipline game held every year except on the year the National Games is held. Hence, the last National Games was held in 2013 while the last National Championships was held in 2012.

Reactions: rajd1234 and Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
@Dan

Could you change the forum banner? It's National Championships, not National Games. National Games is a multidiscipline event held once every four years, just like Olympic Games and Asian Games. Chinese National TT Championships on the other hand is a single discipline game held every year except on the year the National Games is held. Hence, the last National Games was held in 2013 while the last National Championships was held in 2012.
Looks like zjkfanforever got confused at the last statement...never mind buddy...Dan got ur point. [emoji6]

...Rajd...

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
@Dan

Hey @zjkfanfoever, thanks for letting me know. I was a little confused with this but you have made me completely understand the system now :)

The banner is now updated, thanks for all your great posts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Men's 1/4 Final Results

Jiefangjun 3:0 Luneng Qingdao
Beijing 3:1 Guangdong
Shandong Luneng 3:1 Tianjin
Shanghai 3:1 Hebei

Women's 1/4 Final Results

Shandong 3:1 Jiefangjun
Sichuan 3:1 Liaoning
Beijing 3:1 Henan
Heilongjiang 3:2 Shanxi

Men's Semi Final Results

Jiefangjun 3:0 Beijing
Fan Zhendong 3:2 Ma Long (11-7, 11-5, 8-11, 7-11, 11-4)
Zhou Yu 3:2 Yan An (9-11, 11-9, 9-11, 11-8, 11-5)
Xu Chenhao 3:1 Wang Chuqin (11-13, 11-7, 11-8, 11-9)

Shandong Luneng 0:3 Shanghai
Kong Lingxuan 0:3 Xu Xin (12-14, 4-11, 9-11)
Fang Bo 2-3 Shang Kun (9-11, 5-11, 11-6, 15-13, 3-11)
Zhang Jike 2-3 Zhao Zihao (11-8, 12-10, 10-12, 9-11, 13-15)

Women's Semi Final Result

Heilongjiang 3:2 Beijng
Shandong 1:3 Sichuan

Men's Final

Jiefangjun vs Shanghai

Women's Final

Sichuan vs Heilongjiang

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Hey @zjkfanfoever, thanks for letting me know. I was a little confused with this but you have made me completely understand the system now :)

The banner is now updated, thanks for all your great posts.

Dan, I don't know what happened but the banner changed back to Chinese National Games. I remember it was changed to Chinese National Championships yesterday. Ghost?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
It's really too bad we couldn't see the previous team matches... Fan zhendong - Ma long would have been an awesome match to see !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
This is not even part of Olympic qualification dude. But yes, FZD should prove to the coaches that he is now nearly at the same level of top 3, while ML and XX are always giving their best, just likes they enjoy their games :)

You do know that Fan Zhendong is ranked second in the World? I guess that pretty much illustrates that he is not only at the same level, but better than Ma Long and Zhang Jike! FORZA FZD!