At the Harmony China Open 2011, the ITTF president Adham Sharara was present. Therefore Adham could present the Chinese players their ITTF Hall of Fame award that they earned.

hof1.jpg

From left to right: Zhang Diying, Guo Yue, Chen Qi, Cai Zhenhua, Adham Sharara, Xu Yinsheng, Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Kong Linghui

Receive all the latest Table Tennis articles by liking the best article site on the planet! TableTennisTa.

The ITTF recognise people who give an outstanding support to Table Tennis. They believe that table tennis players that give a huge contribution to the sport and the players that have helped develop the sport receive the ultimate award. The 'ITTF Hall of Fame Award'. The ITTF president explained, 'a player may be eligible for the ITTF Hall of Fame if she/he has won at least five gold medals on world championships, or at least one gold medal in the Olympics Games or Paralympics Games'.

There have been a total of 62 table tennis players and directors to ever receive this prestigious award. Star players including Jan Ove Waldner and Jorgen Persson and the five time world champion Victor Barna. Many Chinese legends of the game have won this award to including Wang Tao, Deng Yaping and Liu Guoliang.

In 2012 the ITTF added a further more 8 players to this impressive list as seen in the photo above. In this list included:

- Kong Lingui (Olympic Champion and many times world champion)
- Cai Zhenhua (multiple world champion in 1980's and as a coach between 1991 - 2004)
- Xu Yinsheng (during the 1960's multiple world champion and former ITTF President)
- Zhang Deying (five times world champion between 1970's and 1980's)
- Also on the list included the most recent players of Ma Lin, Guo Yue, Wang Hao and Chen Qi.

hof3.jpg

Guo Yue happy with her prestigious award in the training hall

hof2.jpg

Kong Linghui happy with his prestigious award

Remember to LIKE TableTennisTa