Chinese Trials for World Championships 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
One more time : I didnt label them as soldiers with the dictionary meaning. The philosophy,punishments,behavior,respect to superiors, program is almost like in the military. Total different situation than in the west.

If timo boll is not sleeping by bedtime then no one will punish him, not the same situation in CNT.

Ma wenge was kicked from the CNT for not waking up early and being right on training time. ZJK was kicked because of his behavior towarsd coaches. He was accepted back and in 2009 he was punished again and didnt participate in WTTC 2009.

Guo Yue was kicked from the CNT also . Dont get too busy/excited with semantics and word meanings. If the west training philosophy is not similar to a military training program then the chinese one is definitely similar if not of the same philosophy. Punishment and obedience to superiors were born/invented in military regimes
Once again you are overstating these 'punishment' as forms of some harsh military control over the team rather than common discipline like in other sports. Barcelona footballers are fined even if they are just a minute late to training. Carlos Tevez was kicked out of the team for having a bust up with the manager. Don't try to exaggerate this as military enforcement. And for the record Zhang Jike did play in the WTTC 2009

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Once again you are overstating these 'punishment' as forms of some harsh military control over the team rather than common discipline like in other sports. Barcelona footballers are fined even if they are just a minute late to training. Carlos Tevez was kicked out of the team for having a bust up with the manager. Don't try to exaggerate this as military enforcement. And for the record Zhang Jike did play in the WTTC 2009

What you talking about, Alex?

Oh, I get it - you mean he played doubles etc.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

hmmm he was punished not to play in singles. although he earned a spot through trials. Im not overstating anything. Dont compare western culture with chinese to prove a point. 2 different things

ZJK only played in mixed doubles, not singles. I dont remember if he did play in doubles I think not. But definitely not singles because he was punished

Last edited:
Reactions: akoozab
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Fines and being kicked out of the team just for not waking up early is a totally different thing. Do they stand on "attention" in barcelona or any western sports team? No.

Coaches do have military ranks if you check it out. They are not soldiers wit hthe dictionary term yes. I dont understand why you insist on pointing out things I didnt even said, or meant. Cheers

p.s. FYI check this out

LGL gives orders in the begining. If this doesnt seem like a military command to you then you probably didnt serve or dont know about the military tone. Let the chinese users convince you.

also check @ 1:26. does this seem to you like a normal NBA/western style of team "encouragement" ???

Last edited:
Reactions: EmRatThich
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I think what he means is that the players "serve" for the nation. They can not choose their club for example (e.g. the top 4 are all playing for different teams) or the tournaments they participate in like european players can. They are like a symbol for the greatness of China and should represent that

Couldnt agree more. In europe players are not "forced" to compete and they certainly wont play if they feel like it. ronaldinho had disappeared for days/weeks when he was playing in barcelona and the consequences were very light because he was a superstar. In china an ex world champion like Guo Yue got sent back to provincial team, in western country this would create a small "scandal"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
At the closing ceremony of Stage I, LGL said: LGY is most eye-catching in the trials. He had the best chance to win the ticket if beating ML. But after two errors in the match against ML, LGY lost the chance. This is a lesson that he has to learn as a young player, to get the mental strength.

Wu Jingping was LGY's coach before his retirement last year; Wu was also the coach of FZD, XX and Zhou Qihao. He came to the trials for coaching them and spoke highly of LGY's performance. LGY used to be the training partner of FZD and XX in Wu's group; his BH was better than FH and he imporved his FH a lot during CTTSL last year with ML in Shandong Weiqiao.

The host city of the trials is LGY's hometown. He is writing a column for the local newspaper :p He said that he chose Shang Kun instead of FB for Stage II because (1) he has just beaten FB and FB may fight back (2) Shang Kun has not played for a while. He seems pretty confident; perhaps he forgot how he lost to Shang Kun in Hungarian Open this Jan.

very good play from LGY, but he already lost mentally on set 3, that's why his play sucks on last set

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I would like to remark what somebody has mentioned before, stage 2 is a knockout stage, not a groups stage. It can be clearly seen on the website: https://marvellous12.sports.qq.com/mans2.php

On the right side:

draws.jpg

This makes it much more exciting, no chance for mistakes!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Not true, XX's wife Yao Yan was also on CNT (Kong Linghui was her coach) when they started dating in 2009.
Come on, it is 21st century now and China is changing day after day.

Oh and the infamous girlfriends incident in 2004. Ma lin's and wang hao's girlfriends were kicked out from CNT and from then on players who havent reached 24 years of age were not allowed to have relationships/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I thought he got out because of some gambling incident in which Ma Lin was also involved ... details please
Oh and the infamous girlfriends incident in 2004. Ma lin's and wang hao's girlfriends were kicked out from CNT and from then on players who havent reached 24 years of age were not allowed to have relationships/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I thought he got out because of some gambling incident in which Ma Lin was also involved ... details please

LOL I have heard thar rumor also by some greek players. I dont know if this is true or not but the "urban legend" says that ZJK owed lots of money through gambling and ma lin helped him out.

One crazy guy I play with (he loves exaggerated stories) told me that ZJK tattoed his back when he was 16-17 because the chinese mafia carved with a knife some stuff and he didnt want the "torture" to be visible. He even said to me that the mafia was after him because he owed them money playing something like chinese poker (??) and dices

The fun part was that he was really serious about it when I told him come on man this is total bullcrap because the tattoos were made when he was 22-23 and when he ripped his shirt he had no scars whatsoever.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
So now it looks like next matches are:
Xu Xin vs. Xu Chenhao,
Lin Gaoyuan vs. Yan An,
Ma Long vs. Zhou Yu..
Starting with Xu Xin at 19:25 their time, which is 2 and half hours from now..

In women it is:
Chen Meng (2:1 over Wu Yang) vs. Mu Zi (2:1 over Xua Jiaoyuan or so)
Ding Ning (2:0 over Gu Yuting) vs. Wang Manyu (2:1 over Chen Ke)
Feng Yalan (2:0 over Che Xiaoxi) vs. Zhu Yuling (2:0 over Li Jiaji)..

So lets go!