Chinese Trials for World Championships 2017

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Zhang jike's foot treatment by team doctor . he's recovering and preparing for the WTTC trial . Photo By : Coach Wu JingPing
View attachment 12212

The entry list for the Qatar Open shows Zhang JIke is playing this week. I wonder if he will withdraw?

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The entry list for the Qatar Open shows Zhang JIke is playing this week. I wonder if he will withdraw?
Coach Wu Jingping has retired from the CNT last year (he was coaching FZD and XX at the time before the Olympics) so that is likely an old photo. Seeing Jike in recent multiball and training videos, I doubt he will withdraw.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Coach Wu Jingping has retired from the CNT last year (he was coaching FZD and XX at the time before the Olympics) so that is likely an old photo. Seeing Jike in recent multiball and training videos, I doubt he will withdraw.

Good points NL. I hope ZJK plays he looks sharp in those multi ball videos!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Well actually he appeares in trainings and this photo was sent by him on 17 february 2017 .Using shockwave is not the sign of jike's withdraw . its a way of reducing the pain .

Last edited:
Actually I spent over 10 minutes watching this video, because after the first time I realised I didnt understand a damn thing except that these two are too fast to watch!
So I watched it again, second time in 25% of the normal speed.
Now it all makes sense..
They are completely insane ;-)

Hahahaha

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Some of you forget that the chinese have studied boll and dima inside out and know almost everything about their style of play mentality& strategies if not everything.

Boll and dima on the other hand dont have the same knowledge over the chinese. Its not the only factor that decides an outcome, but the chinese have definitely an advantage over them . If you check the results from 2011 and after boll's ratio is close to 50 % if not more.

The only exception is 2014 where he didnt compete much and won only 1 time and lost 5 or 6. Some results are not recorded in ratings central so a percentage 50 % win or more is pretty damn astonishig for a player who does not train regularly in china and his only knowledge is what the chinese coach provides for his opponent

http://www.ratingscentral.com/EventDetail.php?EventID=10251#P5110

http://www.ratingscentral.com/EventDetail.php?EventID=13244#P5110

Ovtcharov on the other hand is definitely over rated when comparing him to the chinese, because from the remaining european players only dima has won some games here and there against the chinese, so europe fans have no other player to look up to

That does not put him in equal position with boll, because boll and samsonov are somehow "small waldners" in terms of consistency. They have world cups, world champ medals beating consecutive chinese players one after the other in big tours and pro tours

Dima's best achievement was his ZJK win in 2014 (Im not even putting olympics bronze because crisan & maze definitely did him a favor there) and 2010 against wang hao. He is very inconsistent in his performance even among "lower rated" europe players, which comes out as a surprise but it is not if you see things objectively

If I would have to describe dima I would say he could beat FZD or ZJK in round of 16 for example and then lose to niwa,freitas or whatever player is considered "below" him when compared to the chinese.

He is like a roller coaster when things go his way but most of the times when the opponent figures out how to refute his serve/receive strategy he self destructs. Over the past 1-2 years its evident that he can win close games and fight under pressure which was clearly a problem in the past and lost many matches on 2-2,3-3 and almost never managed to overcome 2-0 or 3-0 3-1deficits. At least that is my impression of Dima, when the pressure was on, his win ratio was negative

My cards are on mizutani in this wttc because I really enjoyed his "inyourface" attitude in the olympics. Whatever the score he simply went nuts in every ball dont caring about the outcome while playing. Against XX it was fantastic to see him play 3 perfect points in 2-2 being 10-7 down.

Dima on the other hand has a great record against samsonov the past 4 years, but he lost the most important match (olympic singles) when he fell in vladi's jedi mind tricks who was injured during play and still managed to beat him. So I still think he has somes mental issues which hold him back.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
"The Marvellous 12", poster for the promotion of Stage 3. Or should we say "The Handsome 12" !? Very Cooool... :cool: Can't wait for the poster of Woman side. :rolleyes:

the marvellous twelve.jpg