Choosing New Blade

This user has no status.
Hi there

After playing with TB ZLC i decided to change it to new blade which should have more cotrol and more dewl time and soft feeling
Iam used to use T80 and T05 with All around style tending to be more offensive with med. distance

My suggestions

Inerforce zlf
TB AlC
Viscaria

With T80 fx

Need your help to decide which one to select

Also asking if therd is any Stiga blade which maching with my requirements

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What is your level? How long have you played? What is your looping skill like? If you get a fast, long push with heavy backspin to your backhand, can you loop that easily with your backhand? Could you also step around the backhand and loop it from there with your forehand if you wanted?

The information of your level will help people know what blades would be best for you.

Reactions: castaway2020
This user has no status.
What is your level? How long have you played? What is your looping skill like? If you get a fast, long push with heavy backspin to your backhand, can you loop that easily with your backhand? Could you also step around the backhand and loop it from there with your forehand if you wanted?

The information of your level will help people know what blades would be best for you.

12 years ago i used to play in devision 3 league in my country and the league of my university
After Graduation i stoped playing for more than 7 years then start to play again 3 years ago, but with less fitness also became slower than the past
Also i do't have enough time for training except in my vacation

So regarding the level and looping you can say that i'm totaly good for forehand and backhand and for the scale of 10 wr can say 7.5

My ex blades Gergerly at the university days
Yasak hinoki
TB ZLC

( SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH[emoji5] )

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That being the case, all the blades you were thinking about should be fine. So would the Carbonato 145 and 190. Throw a dart at the board and choose. They are all good blades.

The slowest is the Innerforce ZLF. It is an odd blade and it takes some people time to get used to. If you used Gergely and TB ZLC it will feel very strange indeed. Super soft. One of the softest blades out there. But it has great control and you can get a lot of spin with it. But the others are probably a better fit for you. And raazzz, without waiting for more information was probably pretty spot-on. Viscera may be best of them. But they all would be good.

This user has no status.
That being the case, all the blades you were thinking about should be fine. So would the Carbonato 145 and 190. Throw a dart at the board and choose. They are all good blades.

The slowest is the Innerforce ZLF. It is an odd blade and it takes some people time to get used to. If you used Gergely and TB ZLC it will feel very strange indeed. Super soft. One of the softest blades out there. But it has great control and you can get a lot of spin with it. But the others are probably a better fit for you. And raazzz, without waiting for more information was probably pretty spot-on. Viscera may be best of them. But they all would be good.

If you are going to use T80FX, only good choice is Innerforce ZLF. The others are too hard.
Iam really thinking to get the Inerforce Zlf but still afraid to get it then felt the difference is huge and get regret

So carl what do you think

This user has no status.
If you are going to use T80FX, only good choice is Innerforce ZLF. The others are too hard.

This is a hard fact everyone face sooner or later.
Rubbers must be at least 60% of the equation..
The right blade for the right rubbers.

Right now my spare (old 5 ply all wood stiga) is faster than my main blade (9 ply composite)..

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Iam really thinking to get the Inerforce Zlf but still afraid to get it then felt the difference is huge and get regret

So carl what do you think

Here is what I think. What you played with when you were younger was hard and fast and unforgiving. But you learned with that and it ended up working for you. Now, coming back it is a little too much to wrestle with that untamed beast.

Of the blades you listed, the one that you will like the best and get used to fastest is the probably the Viscaria. I think there is something to be said for that. The one that will have the most control, dwell time and spin is the InnerForce ZLF but it will also be hardest for you to get used to.

NextLevel does have a good point about composites vs all wood blades but all the blades you are thinking about are excellent blades. So if you threw a dart at the board and chose the one it landed nearest you would have a really good blade that would work for you.

While the IF is the one that would be weirdest and hardest to get used to, if you committed to playing with it--exclusively--for about a month of solid training, it may end up being the one that would help you grow more than the others.

But you could also consider a blade like a Rosewood V NCT or a Rosewood XO or my all time favorite Stiga blade: The Classic Clipper. And then you would have an all wood blade that is decently fast, close enough to the speed of Viscaria, that has the feeling and control benefits of an all wood blade.

As far as rubbers: I personally have never liked T80 that much. I like 05 and 64 better. But I know from experience that 05 and 64 both work on all those blades. So would 05FX which I like as a backhand rubber. Not sure how 80 would work but it just feels like vanilla to me. :) Not as fast as 64. Not as spinny as 05. But you should use what you like if you do like it.

What blade would I chose after all that: If you can handle the weight of a 95 gram blade, get a Clipper that weighs about 95 grams. If not get one of the Rosewoods.

Or, if you wanted an out of the box suggestion have a look at the OSP Martin: 7 ply, all wood, 6mm thick not too thick (like 7mm), not too thin. Plenty of speed and all wood playing characteristics. That one will take a week to break in because they make it after you order it. So for the first few days it plays as though the blade face is attached to the handle by springs. Then it will break in and those blades continue to age and play better as they age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, when I say Innerforce would feel weirdest, I mean for you. It is sort of the opposite of the kind of blades you used in the past. I am used to softer wood blades, so, for me the IF ZLF feels great because it has such good control and dwell time and it feels more like an all wood blade than any other composite blade I have tried.

So I just mean it is so different from a Gergely that going from that fast and that hard of a blade to a blade as soft as IF ZLF will be strange. Also, the IF is not slow, but if what you were playing was a Gergely, it will feel slow because of how fast and hard Gergely is in comparison.

This user has no status.
By the way, when I say Innerforce would feel weirdest, I mean for you. It is sort of the opposite of the kind of blades you used in the past. I am used to softer wood blades, so, for me the IF ZLF feels great because it has such good control and dwell time and it feels more like an all wood blade than any other composite blade I have tried.

So I just mean it is so different from a Gergely that going from that fast and that hard of a blade to a blade as soft as IF ZLF will be strange. Also, the IF is not slow, but if what you were playing was a Gergely, it will feel slow because of how fast and hard Gergely is in comparison.

Thanks Carl

After a while i got the IF ZLF
Just like what you said, at the first i fekt it is slow and an Odd blade

After some training sessions i found that it is a marvelous blade it works very well with T80 Fx although at the back hand i felt it is slower may be cause my back it self is slow
But all in all it is better and helped me ao much

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl