Help to choose my new blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Hi guys,
I'm currently using Andro TP_Ligna CO Off for the past 6 months. It's my first carbon blade, initially, it felt very fast but now I got used to it. Yesterday, I found out that my blade had some sealing issues while changing new rubbers so my rubber was not glueing to the ply properly. Since I got this from my friend I'm gonna return and get a refund for the blade.
Now I need some help to pick my new blade. My options are
1) Timo Boll ALC (viscaria, fzd alc, LG alc since all are the same compositions and almost the same price, I've just chosen TB ALC)
2) Xiom AZX (But after seeing Dan's review I've some hesitation, he mentioned that it's too hard to control
)
3) Xiom AZXi - I've tried a few rallies with this felt wood kinda feel. But if there is no difference in the speed and efforts to top spin compared to my Ligna, I'm okay with the inner carbon also.

Now, I'm in a dilemma in choosing one among them. I'm open to other recommendations also. My mind is sticking with the TB ALC since I've tried it once it's so smooth and I liked the handle. I'll get lots of feedback on my shots in Ligna.
I'll be buying from this website www.tabletennisbazaar.com/. So I'll have those options only.
I'm open to suggestions and recommendations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I don't know Xiom blades but Butterfly Timo Ball is the stiffest one from all Viscaria related, and FZD is the most controllable but due to the same construction the difference are really small but might be noticeable, so choose wise as they are not really the same even if they belong to same "family". Handles are also different. Timo's ST handle is not the same as other as it rather squared ST than rounded as Timo prefers it. Don't know FL so if you can put your hands on it before buying it is recommended or read the forum about each of them there are a lot of information here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I don't know Xiom blades but Butterfly Timo Ball is the stiffest one from all Viscaria related, and FZD is the most controllable but due to the same construction the difference are really small but might be noticeable, so choose wise as they are not really the same even if they belong to same "family". Handles are also different. Timo's ST handle is not the same as other as it rather squared ST than rounded as Timo prefers it. Don't know FL so if you can put your hands on it before buying it is recommended or read the forum about each of them there are a lot of information here.
So comparatively Fzd is better in terms of control than TB Alc?
I'll check Fzd then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
So comparatively Fzd is better in terms of control than TB Alc?
I'll check Fzd then.
Hey bro I’m not familiar with xiom blades but a team mate few yrs back had one and it was fast. As for the butterfly blades I have tried TB, and I have FZD and own 2 LGY. I’m actually currently testing FZD for past week as it’s my sons and he’s stopped playing temporarily so I pasted my rubbers on it.
TB is stiff and fast, LGY is softer and more controlled and since testing and according to other users on this forum FZD is softer than LGY and is very controlled.

If I had to recommend I would say FZD and that would be on basis that LGY is being discontinued, but it’s personal preference. Mayb if u can test you will know.

If you were to consider inner carbon then Harimoto is great great control, obviously a little slower that the above but it has good dwell, and blocking seemed automatic.

There is a TTD review and comparison to TB as well so u can see the difference.

What rubbers do u use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Hey bro I’m not familiar with xiom blades but a team mate few yrs back had one and it was fast. As for the butterfly blades I have tried TB, and I have FZD and own 2 LGY. I’m actually currently testing FZD for past week as it’s my sons and he’s stopped playing temporarily so I pasted my rubbers on it.
TB is stiff and fast, LGY is softer and more controlled and since testing and according to other users on this forum FZD is softer than LGY and is very controlled.

If I had to recommend I would say FZD and that would be on basis that LGY is being discontinued, but it’s personal preference. Mayb if u can test you will know.

If you were to consider inner carbon then Harimoto is great great control, obviously a little slower that the above but it has good dwell, and blocking seemed automatic.

There is a TTD review and comparison to TB as well so u can see the difference.

What rubbers do u use?
I just bought Dignics 05 (both fh and bh) and while pasting it only I've come to understood that my Ligna have some issues. I was using TP_Ligna with Hurricane 3 Neo and Rakza 7. I've used TB before from my friend for few rallies, I liked it's handle.
I know that inner carbon blades provide more control and will it give the same carbon feel and feedback like outer carbon blades?
I'll get lots of feel and feedback from my Ligna and it's not that super fast blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I just bought Dignics 05 (both fh and bh) and while pasting it only I've come to understood that my Ligna have some issues. I was using TP_Ligna with Hurricane 3 Neo and Rakza 7. I've used TB before from my friend for few rallies, I liked it's handle.
I know that inner carbon blades provide more control and will it give the same carbon feel and feedback like outer carbon blades?
I'll get lots of feel and feedback from my Ligna and it's not that super fast blade.
With inner carbon you will find it will have more dwell, specially as top layer is Limba which is little softer compared to the Koto on outer blades.

I use H3N blue sponge on fh and D05 on bh so u can go wrong with D05 both sides on either blade.

It’s personal preference if u like tb then go with that, FZD is a great blade very well controlled, Harimoto is probably even more controlled but slower so it’s great for close to table style but having said that I played someone last week who had Harimoto with D09C both sides and generated slot of speed on fh even away from table which actually surprised me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I'm playing with FZD ALC + D09C on FH and the speed is very good. I have unopened H3Neo 40 deg BS black which I'm gonna to check after D09C will be worn off to compare and decide to which to stick on for future. D05 I also have unopened... ok I've to breath deeply to not freak out to check everything now :D :p
Time has come to check them too ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I'm playing with FZD ALC + D09C on FH and the speed is very good. I have unopened H3Neo 40 deg BS black which I'm gonna to check after D09C will be worn off to compare and decide to which to stick on for future. D05 I also have unopened... ok I've to breath deeply to not freak out to check everything now :D :p
Time has come to check them too ;)
I went from D09C to H3N bs 39. I love it has great kick effect. Boosted it actually feels softer than D09C. In open rally probably not much difference but where I found it excels over D09C is serves and short touch

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi guys,
I'm currently using Andro TP_Ligna CO Off for the past 6 months. It's my first carbon blade, initially, it felt very fast but now I got used to it. Yesterday, I found out that my blade had some sealing issues while changing new rubbers so my rubber was not glueing to the ply properly. Since I got this from my friend I'm gonna return and get a refund for the blade.
Now I need some help to pick my new blade. My options are
1) Timo Boll ALC (viscaria, fzd alc, LG alc since all are the same compositions and almost the same price, I've just chosen TB ALC)
2) Xiom AZX (But after seeing Dan's review I've some hesitation, he mentioned that it's too hard to control
)
3) Xiom AZXi - I've tried a few rallies with this felt wood kinda feel. But if there is no difference in the speed and efforts to top spin compared to my Ligna, I'm okay with the inner carbon also.

Now, I'm in a dilemma in choosing one among them. I'm open to other recommendations also. My mind is sticking with the TB ALC since I've tried it once it's so smooth and I liked the handle. I'll get lots of feedback on my shots in Ligna.
I'll be buying from this website www.tabletennisbazaar.com/. So I'll have those options only.
I'm open to suggestions and recommendations.
would recommedn fzd alc. The boll alc is high quality but you need good technique, especiallly close to the table. FZD gives you a quality ball when you're out of position, and even more when you're in position. Howeevr inner carbon might suit you more if you are a first time carbon user.

Reactions: deepanmania
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
would recommedn fzd alc. The boll alc is high quality but you need good technique, especiallly close to the table. FZD gives you a quality ball when you're out of position, and even more when you're in position. Howeevr inner carbon might suit you more if you are a first time carbon user.
I agree with your point.
I bought FZD Alc yesterday and I just had a few rallies with my friend in my FZD Alc. I was already using Andro Ligna, so the outer carbon feel is familiar to me. But damn the control of the blade is amazing, and with D05 it's just so confident to play. D05's grip and spin are on another level.
Thanks for all your suggestions guys. I like this setup so much.

Reactions: rbtitco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I agree with your point.
I bought FZD Alc yesterday and I just had a few rallies with my friend in my FZD Alc. I was already using Andro Ligna, so the outer carbon feel is familiar to me. But damn the control of the blade is amazing, and with D05 it's just so confident to play. D05's grip and spin are on another level.
You welcome 😎

Reactions: deepanmania
says [IMG]
I agree with your point.
Good to hear you have good first impression!
Would be nice if you could provide an update in 4-6 weeks or so. Just to rule out NEES (New Equipment Euphoria Syndrom)

Have fun with your new setup and may you win many matches!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I agree with your point.
how would you rate and describe the feeling of d05 on fzd alc,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Good to hear you have good first impression!
Would be nice if you could provide an update in 4-6 weeks or so. Just to rule out NEES (New Equipment Euphoria Syndrom)

Have fun with your new setup and may you win many matches!
Ha thanks
Yeah sure, I'll update after 4-6 after having some trainings.
My first fear was that setup would be too fast for me and I've ruled that out. It's more comfortable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
how would you rate and describe the feeling of d05 on fzd alc,
For me Fzd + d05 in backhand it's amazing, it's a huge upgrade for me from Rakza 7 soft. Grip is amazing and taking counter spins are very effortless. I can generate topspins easily. Arc is low but I need to try more on that to comment.
But not the same case with forehand. I was using H3N for forehand before. So the feeling in forehand with D05 is totally different. Now I'm thinking that I would've gone for D09c. But I need to try again and make some adjustments for forehand.
Will update here after few weeks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
For me Fzd + d05 in backhand it's amazing, it's a huge upgrade for me from Rakza 7 soft. Grip is amazing and taking counter spins are very effortless. I can generate topspins easily. Arc is low but I need to try more on that to comment.
But not the same case with forehand. I was using H3N for forehand before. So the feeling in forehand with D05 is totally different. Now I'm thinking that I would've gone for D09c. But I need to try again and make some adjustments for forehand.
Will update here after few weeks.
have you tried tenergy? how would you compare it to one of the tenergies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
have you tried tenergy? how would you compare it to one of the tenergies.
I've tried T05 on my friend's TB Alc, He has T05 for FH and D05 for BH. He is a far better player than me.
I find T05 too bouncy and hard to control. For me, my previous forehand is H3N and it is so hard and so slow. I have to swing a hell lot to get the best out of it. T05 is the complete opposite soft and bouncy. So I had a hard time with T05, of course, eventually, you get used to it. But I liked the feel of D05, it's medium hard and so grippy with tons of control. It has a lot of gears that for slow games I can accurately push easily and for fast games, I can swing. For T05, I need more skills to get the best out of it.
I'm not a pro but this is what I've observed.
I'm using the D05 2.1 on both sides and my racket became a little heavier than my previous setup.
I've tried Dignics 64 also it's crazy fast and it's far beyond my skill now. No idea about the D80.
Have you tried your T19 for forehand?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I've tried T05 on my friend's TB Alc, He has T05 for FH and D05 for BH. He is a far better player than me.
I find T05 too bouncy and hard to control. For me, my previous forehand is H3N and it is so hard and so slow. I have to swing a hell lot to get the best out of it. T05 is the complete opposite soft and bouncy. So I had a hard time with T05, of course, eventually, you get used to it. But I liked the feel of D05, it's medium hard and so grippy with tons of control. It has a lot of gears that for slow games I can accurately push easily and for fast games, I can swing. For T05, I need more skills to get the best out of it.
I'm not a pro but this is what I've observed.
I'm using the D05 2.1 on both sides and my racket became a little heavier than my previous setup.
I've tried Dignics 64 also it's crazy fast and it's far beyond my skill now. No idea about the D80.
Have you tried your T19 for forehand?
Yes, but it was far too bouncy, at least for my playstyle. Power fh loops went off the table, and i mean OFF the table. It was suprisingly consistent close to the table if low to medium power tho, perfect for little kids.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Yes, but it was far too bouncy, at least for my playstyle. Power fh loops went off the table, and i mean OFF the table. It was suprisingly consistent close to the table if low to medium power tho, perfect for little kids.
Yes, moving from a tacky hard rubber to a soft rubber will be difficult since you're used to swinging harder with hurricane 3s. I'll update here about my setup after a few weeks of playing.