CNT will train in WSA for WTTC 2013

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
The Chinese National Team will be training in Werner Schlager Academy for the World Championships in Paris

Sourcing from: http://www.ettu.org/2013/04/13-world-and-olympic-champions-from-china-at-the-wsa/

by EWT

For the third consecutive year after 2011 (before the World Championships in Rotterdam) and 2012 (before the World Team Championships in Dortmund) China’s table tennis national team comes for World Cup preparations to the Werner SCHLAGER Academy in Schwechat.

chinaarrivewsa2012daymalinchen.jpg

Ma Lin practicing with chen Weixing in last years preparations for the World Team Championships 2012

This time, the table tennis giants will prepare from 3 – 10 May for the World Championships in Paris-Bercy (13 – 20 May) where – from a Chinese perspective – it is important to ensure that the stain of a decade ago will not repeat, when Werner SCHLAGER, to the chagrin of the big favorites from Asia, in this very hall had clinched gold in men’s singles.

Now the Chinese Federation has submitted the list of those players, coaches, masseurs, officials and delegates who will move into the World Cup camp in Schwechat. A Who’s Who of the World Table Tennis again says “Ni Hao” at the WSA.

Quite apart from the fact that the two head coaches LIU Guoliang (men) and KONG Linghui (women) were World champions, Olympic champions and world number one in their playing days, the list of players (among the now active) includes no less than 13 World and Olympic champions:

The list of 23 top stars:

Men: ZHANG Jike, MA Long, XU Xin, WANG Hao, MA Lin, CHEN Qi, HAO Shuai, YAN An, FAN Zhendong, WANG Liqin, ZHOU Yu, FANG Bo, QIU Yike

Women: LI Xiaoxia, LIU Shiwen, ZHU Yuling, DING Ning, WEN Jia, CHEN Meng, RAO Jingwen, WU Yang, GUO Yue, HU Limei

With ZHANG Jike and DING Ning, the two defending champions 2011 come to Schwechat. Further this young star FANG Bo, who in January this year was to win the Austrian Open in Wels, and the former SVS Niederösterreich players MA Lin, WANG Hao and QIU Yike.

bf0344b6gw1e3qnvqdj6sj.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Idiot
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Thanks Tommy! Looks like the CNT coaches chose Ma Lin and Fan Zhen Dong for the remaining singles spots.

Why do you think Qiu Yike was included? Is it because his English is good? I know he played in Europe at some point in his career (but he was dead last in the CNT trials for Paris, so I will assume that he is not going to play).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
So veterans Ma Lin and Wang Liqin didnt get into the singles squad, so they want to get a chance for doubles gold at least!
Interesting, that this is not happening in women´s part..
I see it for Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen vs. Li Xiaoxia with Guo Yue in the final, with eventually Li XX and Guo Yue to win, she always wins doubles games :)
But men´s doubles will be very interesting!
Japenese yougsters can do some great upsets, I hope it will happen!
As for men singles I dont expect any big surprises.. I think it will be the big 4 in the semis..
And then - noone knows.. But I will cheer for Ma Long ;)

Reactions: revulucao