Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
True :D, btw just intrigued , what kind is your patronus ? a doe, like Snape ?

Not a doe. Close, it is my wife's animus/animal: an alley cat. A little wild but with charm and style.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Nice, I figured it will be your wife's animus ... pretty coincidental , I just finished the 8th book this weekend ... did you read it ?

Not a doe. Close, it is my wife's animus/animal: an alley cat. A little wild but with charm and style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
With that in mind NL, I'm thinking of grabbing either OSP V or the V+ to replace the SPW. Which one do you think I should go with? I'm probably gonna ask for 86-88gr for the weight.

SPW = Stratus Powerwood? Why replace it with the blade made of the same wood?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Guys can you please help me with my rubber ??

Last couple months I played with globe 999t/volcano rubbers and at the end of the summer I changed these rubbers to three nine 999t rubbers ( 2.2mm - 5$ each on eacheng). I played with my new rubbers only once ( and it was 3 months ago).

I have problem with backhand because I'm doing everything the same way as I was doing with old rubber and ball always goes off the table. I don't what to change - is it something with this throw angle thing ??

Another thing on forehand - somewhere I heard that chinese rubbers are different than european rubbers but I don't remember what was the difference. Can someone tell me the difference between european and chinese ?? How to play with chinese rubber on forehand ?? I was playing with volcano all the time and now my fh is terrible and I don't know always where is the problem ( I hope you'll post some good video about forehand topspin or sth)

Thanks for help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Why does chit chatting end up becoming EJing without any warning? We must get to the bottom of this or the notorious Goon Squad will soon use this thread for kicks.

I like to use this thread to ask any question that comes to mind or topic that comes to mind. I don't like making new threads for all the topics I want to hear discussed or questions I want answered.

The thread title and how others have treated the thread lead me to believe this is a good thread to ask literally anything regarding table tennis.

BUT the original post is about our daily play and chit chatting about that, so I probably go about it wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I like to use this thread to ask any question that comes to mind or topic that comes to mind. I don't like making new threads for all the topics I want to hear discussed or questions I want answered.

The thread title and how others have treated the thread lead me to believe this is a good thread to ask literally anything regarding table tennis.

BUT the original post is about our daily play and chit chatting about that, so I probably go about it wrong

Sent from my iPhon using Tapatalk

Your question was a good chatting question. Phrased in a very broad and chatty way. If you had come just asking whether to use T05 or MX-P ( instead of realizing that Carl has already answered that question wisely), I would have given you the Judge Dredd sentence reserved for the top Goon Squad members: 11-0 , no mercy points.

Reactions: Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
@Maloxu82

Hey bud. You said you changed rubbers and only used them once, 3 months ago. You have to use them more to get used to them. The rubber isn't going to be the same as your old one so you'll have to adjust your stroke in some way. Everyone's strokes are different so you have to figure out how to adjust to the new rubbers on your own, we can't help you there.

Try recording yourself playing and then watch the recording, I bet you can find the problem in your stroke of you record it. If you still can't find the problems, post the video here and we'll gladly help!

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Generally, if I go in visiting mode everyone walks away with the idea I am fun, but If I go in for a tourney or serious play, people can hate on me for good reasons.

I cause a lot of trouble everywhere I go, but my idea of trouble is involving people and having a good time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Okay! If I don't manage to see you at a tournament within a year, I'm making it a point to come to d.c.!

I have a tendency to force people to going in visiting mode ;) so I'm sure I'll end up holding a good impression of you

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
SPW = Stratus Powerwood? Why replace it with the blade made of the same wood?

Handle, head heaviness and it irks me a sheet of tenergy is more expensive than the blade itself :p

They are both frickin' awesome. You can't go wrong.

I'm somewhat concerned with the speed difference between the 2. Probably looking for something that plays like acoustic

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
How to deal with frustration of losing to a blocker/counterattacker? For me the issue is not the loss itself, but the fact that I worked so hard to develop that skill of consistently making the first attack, and then it all works against me. I know that I should place the ball better and vary the pace, I just started developing that. But that moment when my opening gets slapped twice in a row, I immediately imagine all those gallons of sweats I dripped in the training and oh...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
How to deal with frustration of losing to a blocker/counterattacker? For me the issue is not the loss itself, but the fact that I worked so hard to develop that skill of consistently making the first attack, and then it all works against me. I know that I should place the ball better and vary the pace, I just started developing that. But that moment when my opening gets slapped twice in a row, I immediately imagine all those gallons of sweats I dripped in the training and oh...

I feel you, what adjustments sis you try to make though? It sounds like you were all in on your opening loop. Don't you practice the follow ups?

Reactions: Ilia Minkin