Der_Echte in Copenhagen

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
A Goon Squad in real life is a team of men hired by and loyal to a person or outfit to cruelly enforce their positions gangster style tough by overpowering or threatening. If a Goon Squad visited you or your place, usually the Goon Squad would destroy property and people with much violence, or at least the threat of it. After the Goon Squad visited, the ones visited no longer have a will to resist.

IDK, 4-5 years ago, there was a thread on TTD about Pro versions of Tenergy and National versions of Hurricane and so forth. As comedy, I saw a chance to make a joke out of the whole "Pro" or "National" rubber thing.

Usually, these rubbers are made exclusively for the pros or national team and it is highly unauthorized for these rubbers to make it outside the hands of the few select. It was a huge positive status to possess such a rubber, even more to sell one. If you had more than one of them, you must have stolen it from a pro or national team... or committed espionage to get more than one.

The thread involved many people openly having many of these rubbers. So, since it is "Illegal" (in the eyes of the rubber makers) to have 2 or more, the TT companies would need to "Enforce" their position and strike fear into those who were encroaching on their sacred and sole source of power.

In such a case, the outfit would send out a team of 2 to 20 "Goon Squad" to tear up the place or persons doing this. That would violently punish those having the rare unauthorized rubbers and serve as a way to scare the living crap out of everyone else to keep them in line.

So, I made the comment that BTY, DHS, etc were "Sending out the Goon Squad".

This became a kind of TTD inside joke. Older members remember this, newer members see the occasional reference to the Goon Squad and are like WTF?

The Goon Squad term got driven by Upside Down Carl and Co, who got many a laugh out of the phrase used just right. The Goon Squad turned into a tough, really keystone cops stupid, yet dangerous enforcement team who really seemed to be constantly chasing after Carl... but Carl was always 3 steps ahead of them and plotting ways to entrap them to fall down a secret trap door into a one week confinement a dark, rat infested basement septic tank. Carl used his "SpyPhone", which was an Apple Smartphone somehow caught the wrong gamma rays and had got some serious capabilities. Then Carl got better equipment with even more capabilities.

You get the idea, we made a running inside joke out of the term Goon Squad.

Later, whenever myself and several TTD members could meetup in NYC, it evolved into a gathering of the Goon Squad. If you saw Next Level, Der_Echte, and a few other members together, we were not exactly 1.6 meter 50 kg people.

Years later, anytime multiple TTD members could get together somewhere for TT and mayhem, it would also be a Goon Squad gathering.

In the David Bowie video, the Goon Squad he was referring to was himself and some others entering NYC to strong arm the fashion scene and force it to go a certain way.

So, wherever I go, I make it a mission to find other TTD members and get them together having fun. It is my personal way to cause trouble. Usually, we take pics or a few vids and post them to the thread. It is a great way of community and recording the brand of fun we Table Tennis players enjoy.

:) :)

We also did a lot of using the goon squad thing to hijack threads when people were getting contentious with each other. It was a good way to add some comedy and defuse a situation and stop an argument. It is hard to be angry when you are scratching your head like: "what on earth does that actually mean," while laughing at something completely ridiculous.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
:) :)

We also did a lot of using the goon squad thing to hijack threads when people were getting contentious with each other. It was a good way to add some comedy and defuse a situation and stop an argument. It is hard to be angry when you are scratching your head like: "what on earth does that actually mean," while laughing at something completely ridiculous.

Remember at one point the Goon Squad started using AI drones and super intelligent Tesla autopilots ... ; )

PS. Wish me luck, me and my team are going to the league "fight" today ... if we win the Goon Squad gonna be after us for sure!

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Remember at one point the Goon Squad started using AI drones and super intelligent Tesla autopilots ... ; )

Before the AI Drones we used the honey trap quite successfully. When they started using drones we switched to pokemon go and the drones fell for the the bait every time. They were falling through the trap door at the secret hideout into the sceptic tank or through the trap on the Brooklyn Bridge into the East River over and over.

PS. Wish me luck, me and my team are going to the league "fight" today ... if we win the Goon Squad gonna be after us for sure!

I think the goon squad is gonna be after you for sure. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
"PS. Wish me luck, me and my team are going to the league "fight" today ... if we win the Goon Squad gonna be after us for sure!"

I think the goon squad is gonna be after you for sure. :)

Ajj shoot ... sorry for being little personal on this very public forum, we've lost 6:8, the third consecutive match with our immediate competitor teams ... this season's going to be hard. We didn't have a chance to exercise our teleporting gadget set to the trap on the Brooklyn Bridge into the East River ...
Hope Der's will have a better luck on the Copenhagen table tennis "underground" scene, fighting against their vicious, blood thirsty inhabitants ...
;)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yeah, seems everyone wants Der_Echte's blood.

Made it to Hotel in Goteburg. Will pick up new car in 6 hrs. Got winter tires. Can and will drive. Gunna be real fun to hang out in Copenhagen. Daughter gunna meet us there. Rented an entire apartment. This shapes up to be a really great family mission.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Have fun William , it seems you have managed to create an opportunity to cause a lot of trouble !
Yeah, seems everyone wants Der_Echte's blood.

Made it to Hotel in Goteburg. Will pick up new car in 6 hrs. Got winter tires. Can and will drive. Gunna be real fun to hang out in Copenhagen. Daughter gunna meet us there. Rented an entire apartment. This shapes up to be a really great family mission.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Considering the time of the last post, Der's seems to be yet up against the jet lag on this side of the ocean ... have my worries if gonna be fit till Thursday. Vicious inhabitants may be looking for every chinks in the armor ...
If they make you pay, Der ... you make them pay with sweat! ; )

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
@jawien … Read up on any of my NYD adventure threads I ade over the years and ask Carl, OSP, 42nBack Pains, Next Level, or PPHolic if lack of sleep hurt or helped my TT match play. I actually slept and slept well, just got up early.

Any Jokas after my hide are gunna get it the hard way.

@TTNinja @Beep-Beep @alec @whoever

Daughter is picked up and now she can be the smoke screen deep cover for my TT Mission.

I intend on being at the parking lot of Amager Halle 1815 Thursday That is the venue, right?

Last edited:
@jawien … Read up on any of my NYD adventure threads I ade over the years and ask Carl Next Level, or PPHolic if lack of sleep hurt or helped my TT match play. I actually slept and slept well, just got up early.

Any Jokas after my hide are gunna get it the hard way.

@TTNinja @Beep-Beep @alec @whoever

Daughter is picked up and now she can be the smoke screen deep cover for my TT Mission.

I intend on being at the parking lot of Amager Halle 1815 Thursday That is the venue, right?

YES.
Amager Hallen, Løjtegårdsvej.

There are free parking (8 hours).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Gunna take family to see Kronborg Castle and Louisiana Art Museum as a TT warmup.

If that's the case, we have another match on Saturday, so I'm visiting the Castle and the National Museum tomorrow for sure!! ;)
[Edit} Heck yes, I'll make team to go with me too :)

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_Echte ready to grub down a bit and hit the club in a couple hrs.

Official pics of the seaside by Louisiana Museum and Kronborg castle...

Well... just the castle for now...
fc653a39db1a08599b57057fcbdf25ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Yep, this Castle should put you in shape Der!
I'm not worrying about the jet lag anymore ... :)

Der_Echte ready to grub down a bit and hit the club in a couple hrs.
Official pics of the seaside by Louisiana Museum and Kronborg castle...

Well... just the castle for now...

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
*** Official Report *** Classification level Sensitive...

Beep-Beep, the Local Goon Squad Sleeper Cell Leader was 5 minutes early to my 15 minutes early suggested meetup time. Germans would be red faced another country out-did the at their game... Punctuality.

Alec was right on time, we exchanged greetings and got the heck out of the chill and into the venue.

I ended up playing a lower division guy I barely got by 3-0. Next was TTNinja… I reckoned if that guy I just played and barely won is not even 4th division and Nina is Div 1... then I thought I would be having a tough match.

I ended up leading 2-1 in games and let early in 5th and then it was over city -- win to Ninja. At least I showed him I could compete in his division.

Got rolled over by another dude, he had 4 nets each GAME but he was a better player

Played Alec and he had an off night he prolly didn't like the lights just like me. I believe Alec is properly rated similar rating to me. If I did not attack his serve he was eating me alive for dinner.

Beep-Beep watched a lot of the matches and liked my BH shots.

We had a group selfie for LULZ and went home a bit early.

G